Season Ticket NOT for sale

Now inevitably with this being a car crash of a season people are inevitably getting fed up and some are now voting with their feet. Who out of us is sticking this out?

I don't blame people for voting with their feet if that's how they feel. I'm not rightous about the whole thing its someones choice. At the same time if I decided to stop going I could easily find other things to do I'm not going to BP on Saturday because someone is forcing me to go. I get quite annoyed when people seem to insinuate this its quite offensive so none of us who go have wives, husbands, kids families friends other hobbies that we could do on a Saturday other than go to BP?

We can all see what's wrong at the club at the moment Their is a clear lack of leadership the board have made a string of poor decisions we can all see this. Corney I believe is clearly trying to sell the club which is why I believe he has kept a continued silence. He's clearly had enough hes built the stand he wants out.

I'm sticking about because their is hope, and their is always hope that things will get better it's what I love doing If we go down it won't be our fault even if some at the club do point the finger at the fans.

I'm going nowhere who's joining me?

Now inevitably with this being a car crash of a season people are inevitably getting fed up and some are now voting with their feet. Who out of us is sticking this out?

I don't blame people for voting with their feet if that's how they feel. I'm not rightous about the whole thing its someones choice. At the same time if I decided to stop going I could easily find other things to do I'm not going to BP on Saturday because someone is forcing me to go. I get quite annoyed when people seem to insinuate this its quite offensive so none of us who go have wives, husbands, kids families friends other hobbies that we could do on a Saturday other than go to BP?

We can all see what's wrong at the club at the moment Their is a clear lack of leadership the board have made a string of poor decisions we can all see this. Corney I believe is clearly trying to sell the club which is why I believe he has kept a continued silence. He's clearly had enough hes built the stand he wants out.

I'm sticking about because their is hope, and their is always hope that things will get better it's what I love doing If we go down it won't be our fault even if some at the club do point the finger at the fans.

I'm going nowhere who's joining me?

I get to see my other half, child, other family members, have hobbies AND am able to get to Latics on a Saturday too. Fancy that eh!

I have been going to Latics since I was seven - my first game at home against Sheffield United in 91... I thought it ended 1-1 but Wikipedia tells me we actually won 2-1 - happy days! I've since been an avid pay on the dayer since I earned my own coin and for two season prior to this was a season ticket holder in the main stand. Could not afford a season ticket this year as my employment status looked in the balance so have picked and chosen my games and probably won't make many more this season as I have to prioritise my expenditure. Not going does not make me care any less nor should it exclude me from having an opinion - there are many reasons people have for not spending money on what is becoming more and more a substandard product - yes we all want the best in the long run for OAFC (wish I was as confident that the current board thought the same) but sometimes you have to draw the line.

Edited by JWhite101

Only time I considered turning it in was this week last year. It's been a struggle ever since but it's one thing that I like to have as a constant in an ever changing world. My attendance has varied massively over the years due to money, distance and general life stuff, and how good the football is helps as well so I won't cast the first stone at people who aren't as regular at the moment. I do believe that there will be better days ahead. Soon would be nice!

I'm a shift worker who uses my holiday entitlement to watch Latics, I watch them when I should be sleeping when I'm on nights, I missed the glory years because I was serving queen n country and I live a matter of minutes away .. I can't see me not going tbh! I always have that belief in me that thinks the next game is the start of something great again .. see you all on Saturday!

I had a year or two of picking home games 2012 until I bought a season ticket off someone last December who was fed up of last season. For those years staying in the grey mare was 9/10 the preffered option than making the walk down sheepfoot lane. Went more aways for 3 seasons than I did homes. Sad thing is with every misreble latics fan who came back from the game at 5pm it justified not leaving the pub.

I Got a st this year purely down to the new stand this year so I'll see it out. I'll probably get one next year too but only because If I stopped going again I'd probably only ever bother with a handful of local aways and never step foot in BP again. It's easy to find alternative things to do on a Saturday afternoon but I guess I'm not ready to leave the sinking ship just yet

Edited by Rocky_Latic

I don't know if it's easier because I started watching when we were in Div 4, or that I've seen us relegated to it too, but there's no way I would give up. Maybe the longer term gives a world weary perspective....

Times have changed I accept , and many more of you wont have seen a promotion, or started watching in the top flight, so the last 20 years or so have been a consistent decline or stagnation. And there's a lot wrong at present. However, for me, it's still a position of giving support in the hope that things will turn . I don't think there's anyone on here old enough to remember the 1930s but in about the same 20 year span we'd gone from runners-up in the top division to division 3 north. Imagine how supporters felt then.

If the club is to get out of this immediate short term threat of relegation then whoever is manager or playing support is needed . Yes we need change in the boardroom , and on the pitch, but for most of us the single most important contribution we can make to the club we all profess to care about is that of giving such support, turning up and encouraging whatever we can. The club is in a state, but that's no reason why supporters can't give 100%.

I don't know if it's easier because I started watching when we were in Div 4, or that I've seen us relegated to it too, but there's no way I would give up. Maybe the longer term gives a world weary perspective....

Times have changed I accept , and many more of you wont have seen a promotion, or started watching in the top flight, so the last 20 years or so have been a consistent decline or stagnation. And there's a lot wrong at present. However, for me, it's still a position of giving support in the hope that things will turn . I don't think there's anyone on here old enough to remember the 1930s but in about the same 20 year span we'd gone from runners-up in the top division to division 3 north. Imagine how supporters felt then.

If the club is to get out of this immediate short term threat of relegation then whoever is manager or playing support is needed . Yes we need change in the boardroom , and on the pitch, but for most of us the single most important contribution we can make to the club we all profess to care about is that of giving such support, turning up and encouraging whatever we can. The club is in a state, but that's no reason why supporters can't give 100%.

With a peak average attendance of over 17,000 at one point in our stay in Div 3 N.

We are all on a lifeboat and while some of us wait patiently to be rescued others are rocking the boat in anger at the perceived or real negligence of the captain and crew of the ship that got us into this predicament.

Rocking the boat is not helping in our case. The more people throw themselves overboard in desperation or dissatisfaction the more likely sinking becomes.

The longer the booing continues the more likely the players will underperform and play out their contracts without a second glance at us lot floundering in the doo-dah.

I don't know where my bottom line is but it's not in sight

ST holder, I'm renewing next season whatever happens. It's not great at the moment and hasn't been since the Shez play-off season, even that was the exception from recent years.

For the first time in a long time after Saturday's game I did have to go and sit in my office once I had got home and have a think, that was a bloody bad goal to concede when put into the context of the league. We'd been clinging on to a 1-0 at home against a team below us who hadn't won for 9 and at times outplayed us as the inevitable equaliser drew closer and closer. For it to come in that fashion wasn't just a kicker; it sums up where we have been since the latter days of Dickov.

I was saying at half time that I would bite your hand off for the 1-0 win and also saying it is pretty bad that it had come to that. We need to find that corner soon and get round it, I'd rather have the points on the board than the games in hand and I am not sure where those points are coming from but the hope remains.

If you want to watch a team who can buy players to replace under performing players at will, who can line up their next manager while the current manager is winning the title, who can extend their grounds by 15000 while we are saving up for Tarmac....there are a couple of alternatives within walking distance

Supporting Latics isn't about trophies, about dry luxury seating , about wanting to be associated with prawn sandwiches, about not having a heard of stevenage or Dagenham.....

Last summer I went on a tour of Arsenal's Emirates stadium. The guide asked where we came from, Barcelona , Madrid, Munich etc came out of answers. Near Manchester said I . I was then asked whether I was United or City. When I replied Oldham Athletic his face lit up, he remembered the 3-0 etc., he could not stop talking about Latics. It is that respect which makes it worthwhile

Supporting Latics is about supporting proper football, it is about running out of pies, it is about being able to talk to the chairman if you want, it is about being able to laugh at your team

Do I want to sit in a 75000 crowd of tourists with cameras taking pictures of a corner kick or do I want to sit in the cold and fear that the impending corner is about to be thrown into our own net.

For me the latter, sport is about trying to win...most of the time though it is about coping with losing.....we Latics fans are world beaters at that!