Timothee Dieng article. www.hatrick.fr

Some good pics!

http://www.hat-trick.fr/timothee-dieng-meme-en-troisieme-division-il-peut-y-avoir-des-ambiances-de-dingue/

Might take me longer than others to translate, my French is 30 years rusty, and was rubbish then!

Finally, an English agent whom my elder brother knew came to see me playing with the reservation of Brest several times. In resumption in July, I made my try in Oldham during this period. I made two, three trainings and a match, and this stuck well. Obviously this rained the coach: they offered me a contract of two years, more one year optionally. Just before leaving, I had made one week in training period UNFP. Out of necessity, this is not the place where it is necessary to be as player. But I took it positively: this was going to allow me to stay in form for possible tries. Fact to train with a group, all this, this motivates more than to get ready alone.
This did not frighten me out of necessity to leave abroad. As football player, you must be ready to leave a bit everywhere. Then, I always liked English football. At my arrival, the first training it was an opposition, in 11 against 11. I was surprised and impressed
Not my translation I hasten to add. I never got past Ca Plane Pour Moi.
Edited by Hank Kingsley

Passed by Grenoble and Stade Brestois Timothy Dieng (23) went further his career in the suburbs of Manchester, Oldham Athletic (D3). For his second season with the Latics central defender us discover her world folk stranded marking Joe Cole through his player-coach and parkings with Arsenal fans.

I started football at age 9 in a small club near Grenoble at the goalkeeper position. It is I who have wanted, I thought I was Fabien Barthez (laughs). I spent half a season in the cages, but I ended up bored so I switched center forward then. At an indoor tournament, I finished best player and GF38 spotted me. They asked me to come give it a try and I joined their team at the age of 10 years.

We had a good generation. I played with Florian Thauvin, Atila Turan, Saphir Taïder, Ruben Aguilar ... Turan Taïder and left quickly with the pros, they were above very young. Thauvin, he went there later. A good team it looked, which turned good. I remember in U19, the first we finished our championship but lost in the final of hens against the PSG. In front, it was another level (laughs).

The Young at Grenoble and then the start in Brest

In the end, I made ​​some CFA2 matches and the club went bankrupt in 2011. It was really weird, I was a little disgusted. I was born in Grenoble, when I was little I dreamed of playing at the Stade des Alpes, with the pros. There was always a professional team and there, the club had to start from CFA2 ... Then they released all players. There, an agent contacted me on Facebook, and he told me he liked my profile. At that time, I was central defender. He wanted me to test in clubs pros, to integrate a reserve. I went to do a test to Brest, it went well. The club had no certified training center, so I just signed an amateur contract but it was very good.

At the end of the season, I was told that I will not sign pro.

The first year was complicated, there have been ups and downs. I did the preparation with the reserve team, and then I started training regularly with the pros. I was happy ! In September 2011, I even made ​​the bench against the PSG and Montpellier. But I was wounded several times hamstring and it slowed my progress. At the end of the season, I was told that I will not sign pro.

So, my agent tried to make things happen and I went to pass a test Betis, with the reserve. It went pretty well, they wanted to sign me six months to two years behind. I was hot to go, but Brest woke up and offered me a professional contract a year and a half in stride. Even if it was only a pro contract, it's still a childhood dream. I think they did not want me to leave, they wanted to see what I could give. In the end, I played all weekend with CFA2 and I made ​​two Ligue 1 matches against PSG and Nancy. The following season, in 2013/2014, the club went down to Ligue 2 and I continued to make the reservation and just a few games with the first team.

2031481_14192559-edalannion-20130311-w00Team squad reserve Brest, Dieng (left) has never managed to break through with the first team - © The Telegram The adventure Oldham Athletic in the English D3

Finally, an English agent knew that my big brother came to see me play several times with the reserve of Brest. Upon resumption in July, I did my test Oldham during this period. I made ​​two or three training sessions and a game, and it has stuck. Obviously it has pleased the coach: I was offered a two-year contract plus an option year. Just before leaving, I had one week training UNFP. Inevitably, it is not the place to be as a player. But I took it positively: it would allow me to stay in shape for possible testing. The fact to train with a group, all that, it motivates more than to prepare one.

That does not make me necessarily afraid to go abroad. As a footballer, you have to be ready to go everywhere. Then I always loved English football. When I arrived, the first training was an opposition, to 11 against 11. I was surprised and impressed because it was not just nags. It was a different pace, certainly. For example, the U18 train next to us sometimes. When I look at their training even at home it is war! They really run a lot. But aside from that, the English soccer to this reputation when in fact there are also many small technical players.

I was surprised and impressed because it was not just nags. It was a different pace, certainly. For example, the U18 train next to us sometimes. When I look at their training even at home it is war!

But what shocked me the most, it is the land! We trained on a pool table. Well, I arrived in July so at this time he was on top. Now, in winter, it looks a bit like a potato field (laughs). Even our game field, it's complicated. Right now, it rains a lot so sometimes we do not even trains above, one is forced to go to Soccer 5 (laughs).

Even in the third division, it may be crazy atmospheres. Nothing to Sheffield United, when you come in the stadium ... Grosse atmosphere, and you feel that there is a history behind the club. I recently saw their average attendance, 19,000 I think. It's amazing! In comparison, even in Ligue 1, I'm not sure many get there (note, eight clubs from L1 are above this average).

DSC07417.jpgWelcome to Boundary Park, Oldham lair - © the72.co.uk First year of contrasts

The first year, I make 26 games. Seen like that, it's not bad. But in France and England, it is not at all the same: here we play 48 games per season minimum just by championship, not counting potential playoffs (note, each league has 24 teams, D2 to D5). So in the end, I had the impression to spend half of the season on the bench. I alternated between central defense and midfield.

Lee Johnson, our coach at the time, told me he wanted me to play 6. We had a very young coach (Ed, 31), sometimes even more than some players! But he had a natural authority, and he knew what he was talking. He had just finished his playing career, but apparently even at the end he began to give advice to his own coach (laughs).

It was the first time I saw that! A coach who is transferring in high season from one team to another, all in the same league (laughs)

Early in the season, the goal was to be in the top six. It was not a bad start, we were never very far from the playoffs. But Lee Johnson went to Barnsley. It was the first time I saw that! A coach who is transferring in high season from one team to another, all in the same league (laughs). We just dropped in the standings and finished 15th in the end. What is good is that we were a team player. Johnson wanted to be trying to build that back reparte.

oldham-athletic-fans-reaction-to-the-cheEven D3, the fans are present. As in Oldham, where a handful of young people dubbed "The Athleticos" claims to Ultras. 2015/2016 with a coach-player!

This year, Darren Kelly began the season as coach. But he got sacked because of poor results at the start of the championship. So, this is David Dunn, who arrived this summer as a player at the base, which increased player-coach. This is especially, you rarely see it: your coach who takes his shirt, his boots and put them right next to the bench (laughs) ...

At first, he was back. Now it is only a few workouts with us, it went really coach. It is well, it tries to always stay positive, keep your head up. In comparison, Lee Johnson had more warm blood, after a defeat he seethed. He took things to heart, he could even insult you sometimes! It was a little shocked (laughs).

Here, we are 22nd. It is complicated. Bad times, you still have trouble explaining them. Besides that, we still try to produce the game, there are opportunities, positive things. It will come. Well, he has to come fairly quickly against. But I am confident, we are five points of the first non-relegation zone (note the promoted Shrewsbury) and has a game in hand, which was canceled because of rain.

4053023.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=mc3Arrived as a player, Dunn found himself on the bench Oldham after the sacking of coach early in the season. The League One and level

Peterborough made ​​me feel good, it's really a good team. There is also Southend, against which it has taken a beating 5-2, Wigan, who descended. I would also say Burton Albion course (editor's note, reading our focus on the Brewers, the promoted leader of the division) and Coventry. Besides Coventry, there is Joe Cole who plays. I was shocked when I saw it! I saw it on the internet, but I had forgotten he was playing there. When I shook his hand, I said "Whou" (laughs). Technically, it has lost nothing. It is a little less bright at the time, but you sense that in his travels he played high.

When I shook hands with Joe Cole, I thought, "Whou"

Besides there are a lot of good players at our level. There is a player I do not remember his name, I found very good. A defensive midfielder Peterborough, their number 15 (Jermaine Anderson, International English U20). Otherwise, last year, Jermaine Beckford asked me many problems with Preston North End.

His favorite pastime: Follow Gunners

In fact, I'm a fan of Arsenal and I know Olivier Giroud. He's a good guy, he grew up right next to my home, and every time Arsenal played around Manchester it gives me places. Besides, I'm with the fans of Gunners, so this is perfect! They really make a lot of noise on the road, it's a crazy thing. I love it! I also went to see the Manchester derby lately. At Brest, I played with Johann, the brother of Anthony Martial. His brother was in the stands and was able to get me an invitation. Just for these experiences, I enjoy.

- See more at: http://www.hat-trick.fr/timothee-dieng-meme-en-troisieme-division-il-peut-y-avoir-des-ambiances-de-dingue/#sthash.4zfHsjBk.dpuf

Ive translated it a bit more. Online ones are shi at first so I have suggested an edit.

10 Jan. 2016 - 4:25 p.m. - By Alexandre.J

Timothy Dieng

Passed over by Grenoble and Stade Brestois Timothy Dieng (23) went further his career in the suburbs of Manchester, at Oldham Athletic (Ligue3 ). For his second season with the Latics, Central Defender, went to the brink of folklorer world folk stranded marking Joe Cole through his player-coach and parkings with Arsenal fans.

I started football at age 9 in a small club near Grenoble at the goalkeeper position. It is what I wanted to be, I thought I was Fabien Barthez (laughs). I spent half a season in the net, but I ended up bored so I switched Centre Forward then. At an indoor tournament, I finished best player and GF38 spotted me. They asked me to come give it a try and I joined their team at the age of 10 years.

It was a good generation. I played with Florian Thauvin, Atila Turan, Saphir Taïder, Ruben Aguilar ... Turan Taïder and left quickly with the pros, even thoughthey were very young. Thauvin, went there later. We were potentially a good squad, who turned good. I remember in U19, the first we finished our championship but lost in the final of Cocker against PSG. In front, it was another level (laughs).

The youngster at Grenoble and then left to join Brest

In the end, I made some CFA2 matches until the club went bankrupt in 2011. It was really weird, I was a little sickened. I was born in Grenoble, when I was little I dreamed of playing at the Stade des Alpes, with the pros. There was always a professional team and there, the club had to start from CFA2 ... Then they released all players. There, an agent contacted me on Facebook, and he told me he liked my profile. At that time, I was central defender. He wanted me to test in clubs pros, to integrate a reserve. I went to test in Brest, it went well. The club had no certified training centre, so I just signed an amateur contract but it was very good.

At the end of the season, I was told that I would not be signed as a pro.

The first year was complicated, there have been ups and downs. I did the preparation with the reserve team, and then I started training regularly with the pros. I was happy ! In September 2011, I even made the bench against PSG and Montpellier. But I was wounded several times hamstring and it slowed my progress. At the end of the season, I was told that I will not sign pro.

So, my agent tried to make things happen and I went to a trial at Betis, with the Reserves. It went pretty well, they wanted to sign me six months to two years behind. I was ready to go, but Brest woke up and offered me a professional contract of a year and a half . Even if it was only a pro contract, it's still a childhood dream. I think they did not want me to leave, they wanted to see what I could give. In the end, I played all weekend with CFA2 and I made two League 1 matches against PSG and Nancy. The following season, in 2013/2014, the club went down to Ligue 2 and I continued to make the reservation and just a few games with the first team.

View the original image

Team squad reserve Brest, Dieng (left) has never managed to break through with the first team - © The Telegram

The adventure Oldham Athletic in the English Ligue 3

Finally, an English agent knew that my big brother came to see me play several times with the reserve of Brest. Upon resumption in July, I made my essay in Oldham during this period. I made two or three training sessions and a game, and it has stuck. Obviously it has pleased the coach: I was offered a two-year contract plus an option year. Just before leaving, I had one week training upaid. Inevitably, it is not the place to be as a player. But I took it positively: it would allow me to stay in shape for possible testing. The fact to train with a group, all that, it motivates more than to prepare you.

That does not make me necessarily afraid to go abroad. As a footballer, you have to be ready to go everywhere. Then I always loved English football. When I arrived, the first training was an opposition, to 11 against 11. I was surprised and impressed because it was not just donkeys. It was a different pace, certainly. For example, the U18 train next to us sometimes. When I look at their training even at home it is war! They really run a lot. But aside from that, the English soccer to this reputation when in fact there are also many small technical players.

But what shocked me the most, it is the pitches! We trained on a pool table. Well, I arrived in July so at this time he was on top. Now, in winter, it looks a bit like a potato field (laughs). Even our match pitch, it's complicated. Right now, it rains a lot so sometimes we do not even trains above, one is forced to go to Soccer 5 (laughs).

Even in the third division, it may be crazy atmosphere. Nothing compares to Sheffield United, when you come in the stadium ... Great atmosphere, and you feel that there is a history behind the club. I recently saw their average attendance, 19,000 I think. It's amazing! In comparison, even in League 1, I'm not sure many get there (note, eight clubs from League 1 are above this average).

View the original image

Welcome to Boundary Park, Oldham lair - © the72.co.uk

First year of contrasts

The first year, I played 26 games. Seen like that, it's not bad. But in France and England, it is not at all the same: here we play 48 games per season minimum just in the Championship, not counting potential playoffs (note, each league has 24 teams, D2 to D5). So in the end, I had the impression I would spend half of the season on the bench. I alternated between central defence and midfield.

Lee Johnson, our coach at the time, told me he wanted me to play position. We had a very young coach (Ed, he's 31), sometimes younger than some of theplayers! But he had a natural authority, and he knew what he was talking about. He had just finished his playing career, but apparently even at the end he began to give advice to his own coach (laughs).

Early in the season, the goal was to be in the top six. It was not a bad start, we were never very far from the playoffs. But Lee Johnson went to Barnsley. It was the first time I saw that! A anager who is transferring mid season from one team to another, all in the same league (laughs). We just dropped in the standings and finished 15th in the end. What is good is that we were a team. Johnson wanted to be trying to build that reparte.

View the original image

Even D3, the fans are present. As in Oldham, where a handful of young people dubbed "The Athleticos" likened to Ultras.

2015/2016 with a player-coach!

This year, Darren Kelly began the season as manager. But he got sacked because of poor results at the start of the championship. So, then David Dunn, who arrived this summer as a player at the ground, was promoted to player-manager. This is unusuam, you rarely see it: your coach who takes his shirt, his boots and put them right next to the bed (laughs) ...

At first, he was back. Now it is only a few workouts with us, it went really coach. It is well, it tries to always stay positive, keep your head up. In comparison, Lee Johnson had more warm blood, after a defeat he seethed. He took things to heart, he could even insult you sometimes! It was a little shocked (laughs).

Here, we are 22nd. It is complicated. Bad times, you still have trouble explaining them. Besides that, we still try to produce the game, there are opportunities, positive things. It will come. Well, he has to come fairly quickly against. But I am confident, we are five points of the first non-relegation zone (note the promoted Shrewsbury) and has a game in hand, which was canceled because of rain.

View the original image

Arrived as a player, Dunn found himself on the bench Oldham after the sacking of coach early in the season.

The League One is level

winning at Peterborough made me feel good, it's really a good team. There was also Southend, against which took a beating 5-2, Wigan, who were relegated. I would also say Burton Albion course (note, read our focus on the Brewers, the promoted leader of the division) and Coventry. Playing for Coventry, there is Joe Cole who plays. I was shocked when I saw it! I saw it on the internet, but I had forgotten he was playing there. When I shook his hand, I said "Who" (laughs). Technically, it has lost nothing. It is a little less brigh at the time, but you sense that in his travels he's played at a high level.

Besides there are a lot of good players at our level. There is a player I do not remember his name, I found very good. A defensive midfielder Peterborough, their number 15 (Jermaine Anderson, International English U20). Otherwise, last year, Jermaine Beckford caused me many problems with Preston North End.

His favorite pastime: Follow Gunners

In fact, I'm a fan of Arsenal and I know Olivier Giroud. He's a good guy, he grew up right next to my home, and every time Arsenal played around Manchester it gives me seats. In addition, I watch with the Gunners fans, so this is perfect! They really make a lot of noise on the road, it's a crazy thing. I love it ! I also went to see the Manchester derby recently. At Brest, I played with Johann's brother Anthony Martial. His brother was in the stands and was able to get me an invitation. Just for these experiences, I enjoy.

- See more at: http://www.hat-trick.fr/timothee-dieng-meme-en-troisieme

Edited by singe

Same here, I would've thought Johnson would be calm to a fault whereas Dunn would wear his heart on his sleeve and say something he'd end up regretting, rather than the other way around.

A good read.

It makes sense with further thought. Johnson always seemed like he tried to side with fans whereas Dunn appears to protect his team moreso.

Maybe Dunn sympathises with players - that they're not his level - but Johnson saw players through his own standards, given he played at a similar level.