FT: Blackpool 0 Oldham 0

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody claiming distribution isn't an absolutely vital part of any goalkeepers game needs a reality check.

The decisions they make are absolutely crucial to the way a team dictates play and retains the ball. I don't personally have an opinion on Coleman's distribution but to rubbish its importance is ridiculous.

Nobody can say with any certainty how he will develop but the lack of experience and communication between either goalkeeper and the back four has crippled us all season long.

He clearly needs time to mature and settle - but he also needs to be true to the goalkeeper that I suspect he has been from an early age. He clearly wants to command his area and on the evidence of Tuesday wants to sweep as well.

That is admirable and required BUT the whole team need to be on the same page as him. He absolutely cannot hesitate as he did on 4 seperate occasions that nearly cost us. They need to be prepared to sweep in for him as they did magnificently on Tuesday and he needs to commit early and consistently.

If he makes mistakes doing that - fair enough - but he must learn from them.

I think that is an eloquent and pretty reasonable summation of the situation