FT: Blackpool 0 Oldham 0

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We could have done with a confidence boosting 3 points tonight and it sounds like we should have done it emphatically.

4 points out of our next 3 games is as good as we're gonna get IMO. And I'm not sure where that will leave us by the time March comes around. But those 5 home games in March is where we'll sink or swim.

Lack of goals will send us down if anything. We are easily league 1 all over the pitch under shez. It's upfront that will send us down. I'm not convinced we need a 1 in 3 man (that ain't gunna happen) we just need the right tactics for the men at the club and I recon that's finding the knock down man for Murphy. That's what we need to play towards

On LP it sounded like we murdered them for the majority of the match but the problem of not being able to score continues. On to gillingham at home on Saturday which will be a difficult game with the gills playing so well!

Radio Manchester weren't quite that absolute but certainly sounded like we were well in it and could easily have won t without ever really looking in danger of conceding. 3 consecutive clean sheets? Mr Shirtliffe take a bow

10 league games from now until end of March. Need to win at least half of them and draw a couple.

Do we though? You are asking us to win 5 games when we have only won 4 all season. This league is shocking this year and I doubt we will require 50 points.

The way shez has us setting up we are gunna draw a fair few games here on inwards purely due to us not being good enough in attack. If we stay up its gunna be tight but I don't agree with comments like "we must win 5"

The attitude is right. We are getting the ball into the box.

Goals will come.

This for me. We aint got a transfer window or budget to change it overnight. We just gotta hope the players are learning all the time.

At least it feels like we have a fight on our hands now rather than waiting for the inevitable.

step one - rally the troops.

step two - get the shape right.

step three - get the work ethic.

step four - stop conceding goals.

step five - rebuild confidence.

step six - start committing players forward.

step seven - score.

step eight - win.

Only three steps left. This is rapid progress! Problem - it's still fragile. We need a couple of back-to-backs.

3 straight clean sheets shows that the defence is in decent shape, but while we seem to be more adventurous than previously the lack of goals and wins will take us down.

Saturday could be a decent game for us to have though. No expectations of a win due to league positions should allow us to play with freedom, yet Gillingham home record is what has them at the top of the league. Their away record is pretty average.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh