Disabled & Carer Tickets

29 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Whilst we're on the subject of freebies it's always bugged me how turnstile operators aren't paid an hourly rate rather than given free match tickets.

The turnstile operators get paid per match as far as I'm aware. They also get in for free. 

34 minutes ago, stewrat said:

Really? Loads of them? You only get the free carers ticket with a wheelchair ticket.

Are u thick! disabled people are not just in wheelchairs. Any disabled person is entitled to a free carer whether in a wheelchair or not. 

Here's the thing as far as I'm aware you only get a free ticket if you are in the medium to higher bracket in regards to benefits, now I happen to know that many need just in case. And it is not up for the club to police who gets one and why, they are not even allowed to ask. As for selling them, that is an issue, but not one that can be policed. I'm sure the club would stop it if it could, but sometimes the cost to implement something is an issue.

As for fairness, I'm sure those with a disability would argue that it is not fair they have a disability in the first place. I think a free ticket for their carer is something I can stomach, in terms of those abusing the system, well people abuse the benefit system. In all honesty if the government cannot catch out someone cheating their system, how do you expect Oldham to? 

Well said, I know for a fact that anybody purchasing a disabled s/t has had to show proof of entitlement from the dwp, I think the original poster should mind his own business, may I suggest that any disabled s/t who has a problem on renewing due to this clown, email mr corney and disability rights. Ps I also don't think mr corney will be chuffed at the thought of the possible loss of your money and match day spend.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a disabled ticket and a carer ticket, while i'm 6'2" and look ok I have half my colon missing and need a bag and also have my back screwed together, I can't go thru the turnstiles as it rips my bag off, after months of telling the stewards I have a bag and can't get thru the turnstiles they let me thru the big gates, on occasions you get the odd steward that doesn't believe you; so I just show him the bag and he very quickly and feeling slightly embarrassed rushes me thru, I now know that if my carer can't turn up, and in case I have an accident Timmy Taylor will gladly run to my rescue and help me seeing he's so concerned and nominated himself as Oldham's disability campaigner. ( if you leave your address I will gladly send colostomy bags in the post)

I'm not sure if it's me or everyone else, but wasn't the point of this thread about people boasting about getting a free ticket as a carer when they're not caring for anyone?

Not sure (?) anyone is complaining about ambulant disabled (or non-ambulant) people or their carers with them getting in for free legitimately. 

Exactly what i was pointing out maddog. i wasnt complaining about disabled people with carers at all its about a certain few disabled who purchase their tickets and obviously say can i have a free carer ticket as well when they dont actually need one then just give them or sell them to whoever they want.

Selling the carer ticket isn't on you're right, but anyone can be your carer , to get a disabled ticket in the first place you have to show the paperwork from the DWP or whatever it's called now and the carer ticket comes with it. So you could be sat with a different carer every week, sometimes the hardest thing is to find a carer who wants to sit for 90 minutes and watch what's been served up in the recent seasons. As far disabled tickets go it's not the football club that make the rules they are governed by the disability act.

http://www.levelplayingfield.org.uk/sites/default/files/contentfiles/fl_disabled_guide.pdf

This should give you all you need to know.