Is another signing due

It's Friday...its 5 O' clock its crackerjack........ (Older viewers will understand)....Its like balancing cabages supporting our team....... Fridays of late have been quite busy about teatime prepare your F5 action just in case. Getting that striker must be a priority surely. Well I hope so.

you got a crackerjack !!pencil

It's Friday...its 5 O' clock its crackerjack........ (Older viewers will understand)....Its like balancing cabages supporting our team....... Fridays of late have been quite busy about teatime prepare your F5 action just in case. Getting that striker must be a priority surely. Well I hope so.

oh :censored: we're not signing Stu "Oooh I could crush a grape" Francis and Bernie Clifton are we? :grin:

oh :censored: we're not signing Stu "Oooh I could crush a grape" Francis and Bernie Clifton are we? :grin:

bernie clifton would be a laff,as would bob caroljes and spit the dog in defence,could gob in the strikers eye and put him off.lol

tea time will be busy,i have been led to believe.

bernie clifton would be a laff,as would bob caroljes and spit the dog in defence,could gob in the strikers eye and put him off.lol

Just heard from Simon Corney that the Crackerjack deal is off. Apparantly Clifton would only sign if he could bring the ostrich, and we haven't got room in the budget for 3 new players. :grin:

i remember when Don Maclean and Peter Glaze were on it as well (showing my age now )

Talking to a few guys at the Cricket in Hove and I mentioned I was a Latics fans. One of the them took a great interest and asked me about the fans, club, team etc .... eventually after about ten minutes chatting about Latics he told me that his cousin had been talking to the club this wk. Defender, released from Championship club and thats your lot!!! Don't want his name bouncing around in case its true as it just may effect the signing processetc...

Feel free to PM your guesses .... but i won't let ya if you right or wrong !!!!!!! Watch this space

Ummm .... I wonder if I should visit the boardroom???

Talking to a few guys at the Cricket in Hove and I mentioned I was a Latics fans. One of the them took a great interest and asked me about the fans, club, team etc .... eventually after about ten minutes chatting about Latics he told me that his cousin had been talking to the club this wk. Defender, released from Championship club and thats your lot!!! Don't want his name bouncing around in case its true as it just may effect the signing processetc...

Feel free to PM your guesses .... but i won't let ya if you right or wrong !!!!!!! Watch this space

Ummm .... I wonder if I should visit the boardroom???

Been told its John McGreal, the one place where we have enough cover is at centre half!! Strange signing if true.

Edited by Butter

Bigfin did you not get your email today ? I sent this weeks 'Division one championship player of the week'

and to the question is it true ...... who knows I heard it from a guy I never met before at a cricket game in Hove!

Bigfin did you not get your email today ? I sent this weeks 'Division one championship player of the week'

and to the question is it true ...... who knows I heard it from a guy I never met before at a cricket game in Hove!

Just logging on to my work e-mail now.... to see this, totally, erm... unrelated... erm.. e-mail....

Cheers!

Well - its definitely not Gordon Greer anyway... or does this indicate that he was about to sign for us... until he got a "better" offer... and 2 signings suddently became 1...???

Looks like he is the latest recruit to be sucked into the Donny talent pool - bloomin eck they have a strong squad now....

Greer at Donny

but again - do we need another centre half???

Edited by BigfinLatic

It needs to be a left back not McGreal. We are desperately short of left footed players in the squad and look how England struggled without that balance in the team, in fact I think that was why we lokked better at Bloomfield Road in the playoff game 'cos Eddy came into the team. Nothing against McGreal as a player it's just that I think we have enough centre half's and not enough experienced left full backs.

Greer at Donny

but again - do we need another centre half???

i think so, and when i read "the pacey defender", i was even more convinced, i think although another mid and a genuine left back are priorities, we'll need another defender to cover injuries (stam/gregan) and loss of form