Archived Welcome Posts

Beardy

Erm, to the best of my knowledge, he hasn't enrolled yet with the mighty BOAST. This means that we are still made up entirely of Bristolian Oldhamers and admission is strictly in accordance with BOAST rules and regs. :thinking2: I have a feeling that Newport is a suburb of Bristol.

Also, there are signs to THE NORTH as you leave London on the M1, and at various points on the M6 and M5, so THE NORTH is obviously a very important area.

All Bristolian Oldhamers :gathering2: , so you must have dumped the guy from Swindon already, and clutching at an unwilling guy from a town in :Wales: smacks of desperation! :redcard:

If you think Newport is a suburb of Bristol, that explains your problem with direction signs. :wink: The repeated display of those direction signs to The North indicates that it is difficult to find, compared to the areas wrongly thought to be in The North. :sign0007: The fact that the signs are still there in the Lake District proves my point beyond all reasonable doubt! Q.E.D. :tongue:

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All Bristolian Oldhamers :gathering2: , so you must have dumped the guy from Swindon already, and clutching at an unwilling guy from a town in :Wales: smacks of desperation! :redcard:

If you think Newport is a suburb of Bristol, that explains your problem with direction signs. :wink: The repeated display of those direction signs to The North indicates that it is difficult to find, compared to the areas wrongly thought to be in The North. :sign0007: The fact that the signs are still there in the Lake District proves my point beyond all reasonable doubt! Q.E.D. :tongue:

Ahem. Allow me to explain. BOAST rules and regs state that we may enroll TOFF members (Top Oldham Footie Fans), provided they reside within striking (not of the Maheta Molango quality, I might add) distance of our HQ for pre or post-match get togethers and AGMs. Both Newport & Swindon fall into that category as the local motorway network and the proximity of our HQ to the Bristol Ring Road give easy access in no time at all. This is unlike Burton who only have the A38 to shout about and it is only signed with those funny little green signs which tell you that you are there when it is too late to care.

The proliferation of signs to THE NORTH is NOT for Northerners - we know the way blindfold. It is for Southerners who need constant reminders. Now I've dug the hole even deeper, I shall climb in and wait for BigFin to get our lawyer - I think I need one. :unsure:

BOAST rules and regs state that we may enroll TOFF members (Top Oldham Footie Fans), provided they reside within striking (not of the Maheta Molango quality, I might add) distance of our HQ for pre or post-match get togethers and AGMs.

So let me get this right. Wherever the few of you go for a drink before Latics' matches, home or away, your rules and regs :deal: allow you to enroll any Top Latics' fans who reside nearby. So if we played Burton Albion away again, you could enrol BLAST! members, or when we play in London you could enrol OASIS members. :sign0094: Sounds like you're just a bunch of poachers! :sign0003:

Everywhere we go-o

People want to know-o

Who we a-are

And where we come from

So we tell them

We're from Bristol

Mighty, mighty Bristol

And if they can't hear us

It's because they're pissing themselves! :laught16:

So let me get this right. Wherever the few of you go for a drink before Latics' matches, home or away, your rules and regs :deal: allow you to enroll any Top Latics' fans who reside nearby. So if we played Burton Albion away again, you could enrol BLAST! members, or when we play in London you could enrol OASIS members. :sign0094:

Nay, lad, nay. I said within striking distance of our HQ - and it's at our discretion, but we're really, really nice people. And by no stretch of the imagination could Burton or London come into that category. Where's that bloody lawyer I asked for 20 minutes ago????????? :lipsrsealed2:

Guest oa_exile
Where's that lawyer I asked for 20 minutes ago????????? :lipsrsealed2:

Did you ask for a Lawyer or an Agent (or both) :grin:

lawyer-vulture.JPG

Nay, lad, nay. I said within striking distance of our HQ - and it's at our discretion, but we're really, really nice people. And by no stretch of the imagination could Burton or London come into that category. Where's that bloody lawyer I asked for 20 minutes ago????????? :lipsrsealed2:

When you said "provided they reside within striking distance of our HQ for pre or post-match get togethers" I assumed you meant you had a HQ for all games home and away! Now you're saying you're still restricted to the few who live near your local pub, but it looks like your wording was drafted by European beaurocrats! :clown:

At which match will we have the pleasure of the company of your full skateboard? :grin:

When you said "provided they reside within striking distance of our HQ for pre or post-match get togethers" I assumed you meant you had a HQ for all games home and away! Now you're saying you're still restricted to the few who live near your local pub, but it looks like your wording was drafted by European beaurocrats! :clown:

At which match will we have the pleasure of the company of your full skateboard? :grin:

The wording was compiled by none other than Professor Stanley Unwin, who stuted clear positavling that any memberlodes who makes up mumbles and lisp reading mouses, will not be able to upjoinfans in the BOATS quarterheadings. Now have you got it?

On the footy front, I know Bigfin should be at the Swansea game, not sure about Downender but I think he's on holiday and Mac (who will become Bathletic if I ever manage to teach him how to driver a computer) and I probably can't manage a game until Walsall away. Can't remember what Bristol Blue said and I can't speak for the other 48 of us.

Edited by Bristolatic

The wording was compiled by none other than Professor Stanley Unwin, who stuted clear positavling that any memberlodes who makes up mumbles and lisp reading mouses, will not be able to upjoinfans in the BOATS quarterheadings. Now have you got it?

Now you're talking - deep joy! :grin:

Will you still travel to away games in BOATS when the South Midlands' floodwater subsides?

On the footy front, I know Bigfin should be at the Swansea game, not sure about Downender but I think he's on holiday and Mac (who will become Bathletic if I ever manage to teach him how to driver a computer) and I probably can't manage a game until Walsall away. Can't remember what Bristol Blue said and I can't speak for the other 48 of us.

Bringing 'em in from Bath as well, eh? Can you all make it when we play the Gasheads, whether it's in Bristol or Cheltenham?

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

Will you still travel to away games in BOATS when the South Midlands' floodwater subsides?

I think it highly unlikely as BOATS work a hell of a sight better BEFORE water subsides. See, we're not as daft as we look. :shock:

Name? Dave

Location? Rochdale

How Long Supporting the Tics? Since 1961 (First Match v Accrington Stanley)

Best away match you've been to? Wolves (3-1 Promotion Season)

All Time Greatest Player? Bobby Johnstone

Biggest Rivals (in your eyes)? Man City

Guest oa_exile

Welcome Dave to OWTB :OWTB1:

Take you time to get used to the Forum , any probs let Admin or a Mod know :chubb:

Please contact a Mod or Admin if you need any help getting started (Click here).

If you're feeling adventurous, head straight into the main board to chat about all things Latics (Click here).

And if you're here for all the fantastic OWTB Shirts and Merchandise head over to the shop (Click here).

Cheers Exile :exile: