FA Youth Cup..Curzon Ashton away Tuesday

16 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I think that one or two got a little carried away following the defeat of Nantwich in the last round. As has been pointed out, very few from Academy/Youth sides go on to make it at senior level.

And as for Dino having confidence in one or two...maybe -  but maybe it was him using the Youth players to make a point? 🤔

Only one I'd take on last night Jones the big CB sees the pass can play and create from the back.

Bit like a young tarky the rest no chance mckinney no were near good enough for first team either. 

Jones for me potential to be a very good player 

4 hours ago, unsworth blue said:

I suspect Dino was to be fair however some "in the know" fans had been waxing lyrical about the quality at our disposal - exaggerated on last nights showing I am afraid 

You must remember youths at all levels are brought in by professionals and by that token are expected to make the grade.

There are many reasons why they don't, lack of dedication and off field activities play a big part.

The present batch show promise and that's all at this stage can be expected. I have named two I think have a good chance, but I accept I could be wrong as the pitfalls are many.

Personally,  I prefer to look in non league where many with talent are willing to fight for a chance of league football.

8 hours ago, unsworth blue said:

What are you on about fervid? 

Always take an interest in our Youth team as it is a potential source for first team players and it has been a great source over the last few years under Philliskirk, looking a bit barren at the moment. 

FWIW I really enjoyed the game as stated above, two sets of players competing in a decent game fresh from cynicism, cheating etc. and was a good spectacle for the 400 or so present. I think the word's got round that Curzon are on to something as a lot attending in home colours. 

Truthfully wouldn't mind attending at the Nash again, place to go for a pint on the terraces - homely atmosphere - they are at home Saturday v York, I might have a bit of that

By the way - I have watched OAFC youth team away for a few years - went to Port Vale and Sheff Wednesday away in 1970s before we were good

No one creaming themselves over defeat for our youth I assure you    

Get yourself onto twitter or Facebook mate to you see what some so called Latics fans have said after that youth defeat last night, an absolute disgrace. 

On 11/13/2019 at 7:06 PM, Fervid said:

Get yourself onto twitter or Facebook mate to you see what some so called Latics fans have said after that youth defeat last night, an absolute disgrace. 

I was disappointed Fervid - not about the lads who looked an honest bunch - more in the lack of cohesion and organisation against a better prepared Curzon side. Actually enjoyed watching a good honest game free of cynicism and self-interest (* behind the scenes) - always prefer the youth games to the first team ones under this regime  

Archived