NFL - Giants Vs Dolphins Wembley London

Was a very easy game. Atlanta were poor. Seemed to take the foot off the gas in the second half. We should win on Sunday (touch wood) then hopefully put on a show in London.

Yeah it was...still needed winning though :P

If we win on Sunday then the dolphins game becomes a big big game for us....:)

We should hopefully destroy them but the messing around coming to London could act as a bit of a leveler :)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool!

Where u sitting and who u supporting ??

I have no idea where I will be sitting as he has only secured them by text at the moment (so I'll be holding my breath until something more secure comes through, but he's generally okay that way), but I'll be wanting the Giants to win. Never really liked Miami as whilst at school people would go on holiday to America and come back a lifelong Miami fans knowing all their players back to front like Dan Marino and errr, Don Schula...

Whilst I'd be there having been following the Cardinals since well into St Louis days and they'd be harping on about how much they know and blah, blah, blah. So, no, it's the Giants for me (although I don't especially like Eli for his :Censored:ish behaviour during the draft).

I have no idea where I will be sitting as he has only secured them by text at the moment (so I'll be holding my breath until something more secure comes through, but he's generally okay that way), but I'll be wanting the Giants to win. Never really liked Miami as whilst at school people would go on holiday to America and come back a lifelong Miami fans knowing all their players back to front like Dan Marino and errr, Don Schula...

Whilst I'd be there having been following the Cardinals since well into St Louis days and they'd be harping on about how much they know and blah, blah, blah. So, no, it's the Giants for me (although I don't especially like Eli for his :Censored:ish behaviour during the draft).

Manning rules :)

Good choice in the giants...at least you will be backing the winning side :) Im really excited about the game I just hope us brits can reproduce if not enhance the atmoshere :)

I dont follow American Football so have no idea who Channing Chowder is (delightful name mind you) but I understand he plays for one of the two teams. Anyway, I've just read that a)he only found out on Tuesday that they speak English in England and b)he said that he didnt think that there were black people in London.

• 3 weeks later...
Another win for the giants and another loss for the dolphins :)

Well if your lot are going to make the playoffs it'll have to be by the wild card now I would think. Admittedly, this shouldn't be too hard with the South & West going on strike for the season.

My guess is the playoffs looking like:

Dallas

Green Bay

Tampa/Carolina/New Orleans

Seattle/Arizona

WC: Giants/Washington & Detroit

New England Cheats

Pittsburgh

Indianapolis/Jacksonville/Tennessee

San Diego

WC: Whoever doesn't make the Colts division/Cleveland/Buffalo

(Bold being who I reckon'll do it)

Maybe next year.....Manning is only going to get better.....

Is he really though? Or is he still going to continue being rubbish in the big games? Eevry year we say "well, Manning will improve this year" but he gets to the important part of the season and then loses it. On Sunday he gave away 3 delay of game penalties at cruicial times...AT HOME! If we were away I could understand it, but there is no excuse for doing it at home. In the end it cost us bigtime. He really needs to start having big games at the right time.

Is he really though? Or is he still going to continue being rubbish in the big games? Eevry year we say "well, Manning will improve this year" but he gets to the important part of the season and then loses it. On Sunday he gave away 3 delay of game penalties at cruicial times...AT HOME! If we were away I could understand it, but there is no excuse for doing it at home. In the end it cost us bigtime. He really needs to start having big games at the right time.

Mainning is doing just fine..... He is still only young... His borther hadnt achived anything at his age and was playing some what similar.... Manning is a big name in american football and coupled with being 1st draft pick he will continue being over critiised in my opionion. I can only see him improviing....

• 2 months later...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Giants 23 Packers 20

Giants in the superbowl!!!!!! Best NFL game I have ever watched! Field goal in overtime...by a scot!!!! Class :)

Told you all not to question our boy Manning :) Played fantastic...

Rock on :) Bring on the perfect boys now :)

Edited by oafc0000

NF...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......whoops sorry I dozed off! Team USA!!

:lol:

Kicks arse with english football at the moment! I havent watched a exciting football match on TV in years..... The prem is dier and the FA cup has been just as dull (tv went with the nancy boys united instead of covering a proper game)..... Last two weekends I have fallen asleep watching the fantastic product which is the prem.....

On the other hand just watched three fantastic games involving the Giants.... The last two have gone down to the last play of the game. I reckon you feel asleep watching english football..... People who slag off American Football either dont understand it or wont give it a chance... Same with Americans with english football but with the Prem being what it is I couldnt blame them....

I have watched far far more exciting close games in american football than english football..... Footballhas been dieing a death for years and years.... American Football has the draft that keeps it all competitive... Unlike football which has just gone crazly out of control ....

Edited by oafc0000

Kicks arse with english football at the moment! I havent watched a exciting football match on TV in years..... The prem is dier and the FA cup has been just as dull..... Last two weekends I have fallen asleep watching the fantastic product which is the prem.....

On the other hand just watched three fantastic games involving the Giants.... The last two have gone down to the last play of the game. I reckon you feel asleep watching english football..... People who slag off American Football either dont understand it or wont give it a chance... Same with Americans with english football but with the Prem being what it is I couldnt blame them....

Yeah to be honest I wont really give it a chance - you criticise the prem presumably partly for being over commercial yet in this game, sorry sport, doesnt everyone stops for a break so the TV can advertise? The games last hours dont they??

If you enjoy it fair enough my post was just a childish dig really. However I think the fact that the prem, and 'soccer' generally as you probably call it, are global interests where as hardly anybody outside America even knows the rules, the players or who The Giants are demonstrates which is the more interesting.

If you havent "watched an exciting football match in years" then I suspect 'soccer' just isnt for you.

Yeah to be honest I wont really give it a chance - you criticise the prem presumably partly for being over commercial yet in this game, sorry sport, doesnt everyone stops for a break so the TV can advertise? The games last hours dont they??

If you enjoy it fair enough my post was just a childish dig really. However I think the fact that the prem, and 'soccer' generally as you probably call it, are global interests where as hardly anybody outside America even knows the rules, the players or who The Giants are demonstrates which is the more interesting.

If you havent "watched an exciting football match in years" then I suspect 'soccer' just isnt for you.

You appolgise for one set of childish digs by having another set...

Been watching latics for about twenty years now mate and still go every game at home and i post on here all day everyday....I dont think you can say 'soccer' isnt for me....

I dont have ago at the prem for being over commerical....I critise the prem for the stupid unconrotable amounts of money the likes of United, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool now have... Football in England is over as a contest...... In american football it is controlled by a number of factors like the draft... So no one team will dominate for years and years....

The game dosent stop for breaks for TV....thats a common misunderstanding....due to the high number of players involved in the game...there is basically three teams of players (defence, offence and special teams)....it takes time to get players on and off the field..choose plays etc....

If you actually watch a game live you would realise that the breaks arent that long...... a team only has 30 seconds between plays.....a turnover they have longer.... The tv companies manage to squeuze ads in between the changes of the teams and turn overs.... This is no difference than when watching F1....excpet they do it during the race!!!!

As for the NFL not being a "global" intrest....your are VERY VERY wrong... The dolphins vs giants game in the UK had over a million people trying for tickets.....now think about all the ones that couldnt afford it / didnt want to watch another team and you will soon realise that the NFL is VERY VERY big in the UK. 140 million people watched last years Superbowl...... It isnt as big as 'soccer' but it certainly is BIG!!!!

Why dont you give it a chance and watch the superbowl. The BBC are showing it this year. Although I will be watching SKY the BBC will at least be explaining to new comers.

By the way....you misqouted me....

I havent watched a exciting football match on TV in years

"ON TV"

Edited by oafc0000

You appolgise for one set of childish digs by having another set...

Been watching latics for about twenty years now mate and still go every game at home and i post on here all day everyday....I dont think you can say 'soccer' isnt for me....

I dont have ago at the prem for being over commerical....I critise the prem for the stupid unconrotable amounts of money the likes of United, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool now have... Football in England is over as a contest...... In american football it is controlled by a number of factors like the draft... So no one team will dominate for years and years....

The game dosent stop for breaks for TV....thats a common misunderstanding....due to the high number of players involved in the game...there is basically three teams of players (defence, offence and special teams)....it takes time to get players on and off the field..choose plays etc....

If you actually watch a game live you would realise that the breaks arent that long...... a team only has 30 seconds between plays.....a turnover they have longer.... The tv companies manage to squeuze ads in between the changes of the teams and turn overs.... This is no difference than when watching F1....excpet they do it during the race!!!!

As for the NFL not being a "global" intrest....your are VERY VERY wrong... The dolphins vs giants game in the UK had over a million people trying for tickets.....now think about all the ones that couldnt afford it / didnt want to watch another team and you will soon realise that the NFL is VERY VERY big in the UK. 140 million people watched last years Superbowl...... It isnt as big as 'soccer' but it certainly is BIG!!!!

Im converted....Hut Hut!

I'm utterly knackered. Bed at 3:30, alarm off at 6:50, sleep button pressed twenty times and finally up at 9:50.

Good second game though. I suspect your Giants influence is shading your judgement of the brilliance of the game, but it was certainly exciting. As pointed out after the game though, the winning kick was by a Brit, not a Scot - the two earlier misses were by a Scot.

It’s not the most surprising result that you find yourself there. I’m afraid it is a result of an utterly gash NFC. Nigh on every AFC team qualifying would have beaten nigh on every NFC team, but you can only beat what is put in front of you. Sadly, that won’t be the case come the Superbowl – which will be a one-sided affair I would think. Maybe if you cheat for the next eight years like New England have then you’ll stick a chance. As then you will be able to carry on as normal with your house built by deceit whilst the NFL let you off.

Good luck, but I reckon it's going to be a massacre come a fortnight.

The dolphins vs giants game in the UK had over a million people trying for tickets.....now think about all the ones that couldnt afford it / didnt want to watch another team and you will soon realise that the NFL is VERY VERY big in the UK.

Just reread your post in order to school myself on my new hobby and I find that absolutely staggering. Infact I find that so unbelievable that I dont believe you. :tongue1:

Lets see when they next play over here - should be soon given the demand. :grin:

I will concede the draft is a very good idea. Shame it could never be implemented in any way shape or form anywhere else because it is a superb method.

I'm utterly knackered. Bed at 3:30, alarm off at 6:50, sleep button pressed twenty times and finally up at 9:50.

Good second game though. I suspect your Giants influence is shading your judgement of the brilliance of the game, but it was certainly exciting. As pointed out after the game though, the winning kick was by a Brit, not a Scot - the two earlier misses were by a Scot.

It’s not the most surprising result that you find yourself there. I’m afraid it is a result of an utterly gash NFC. Nigh on every AFC team qualifying would have beaten nigh on every NFC team, but you can only beat what is put in front of you. Sadly, that won’t be the case come the Superbowl – which will be a one-sided affair I would think. Maybe if you cheat for the next eight years like New England have then you’ll stick a chance. As then you will be able to carry on as normal with your house built by deceit whilst the NFL let you off.

Good luck, but I reckon it's going to be a massacre come a fortnight.

Thats totaly unfair!!! lol... I agree the AFC is stronger but not by the margins your are talking about and I dont think it will be a massacre but I dont fancy us to win...

And your totaly right about the Giants infurlence shading my judgement...would you expect anything less :lol:

Lawrence Tynes is a scot....I guess your being clever with the British comment :P But today...I love that scot :) What a kick :P Made up for that miss in the 4th (even though it wasnt his fault, bad snap)

We are massive underdogs but the result is not granteed....with both our defence and offence doing well on big plays we have a chance.....they arent as perfect as there record suggests....

Edited by oafc0000

Just reread your post in order to school myself on my new hobby and I find that absolutely staggering. Infact I find that so unbelievable that I dont believe you. :tongue1:

Lets see when they next play over here - should be soon given the demand. :grin:

I will concede the draft is a very good idea. Shame it could never be implemented in any way shape or form anywhere else because it is a superb method.

]

Fair enough....I think I went OTT but I wasnt intentionally lieing but here is the qoute which was released days before registration close....

In the 72 hours following the NFL's announcement of its first-ever competitive game outside North America, 160,000 fans registered for over half a million tickets; with 100,000 requests in the first 24 hours. The ticket request process will close this Sunday 18th February and fans have until then to get their requests in.

they then did a draw and I won in the draw which allowed you to try for tickets but then i missed out on all three sale periods... The first sales period sold out in 90mins (40,000)....and then the 2nd and 3rd sales sold out in about ten mins....I got my ticket via a forum....

I think what this proves though is that there is alot fo intrest in NFL in the UK....

By the way.....the next international game is schedule for next year and gues where it is coming........the UK :lol: They are chooseing between Wembley, Cardiff and somewhere in scotland....

Edited by oafc0000

Thats totaly unfair!!! lol... I agree the AFC is stronger but not by the margins your are talking about and I dont think it will be a massacre but I dont fancy us to win...

And your totaly right about the Giants infurlence shading my judgement...would you expect anything less :lol:

Lawrence Tynes is a scot....I guess your being clever with the British comment :P But today...I love that scot :) What a kick :P Made up for that miss in the 4th (even though it wasnt his fault, bad snap)

We are massive underdogs but the result is not granteed....with both our defence and offence doing well on big plays we have a chance.....they arent as perfect as there record suggests....

Alright, Tennesee might not be better than all the NFC candidates.

I have to admit, when Coughlin ripped Tynes to shreds after the first missed kick I was thinking that you just don't do that to kickers - and the second miss was no surprise oncve all his confiedence had been ruined. What went in Tynes' favour with the winning kick is it was so far out no one expected him to do it, so it took the pressure off.

It's a shame San Diego didn't make it, but they were far too beaten up to stick a chance.