Latics songs

I know the subject of atmosphere has been done to death on here but I'd like to make a suggestion to those who sing.

Whilst I would never criticise those that do sing I feel that part of the problem is the lack of variety of songs that are sung. I understand the reason for this. It takes a certain amount of courage (or a great deal of alcohol) to start a chant with the distinct possibility that it will die on it's arse leaving you looking foolish. We therefore play it safe and stick with those chants more likely to get a response (Sheridan's Blue and White Army, OWTB, Come on Oldham). I know I do. As I say, no criticism of anyone is intended as I am as guilty of playing it safe as anyone.

A number of posters seem to be showing a determination to create a decent atmosphere on Tuesday night. My challenge to those who start chants (and I'm including myself in this) is to try to use as many different chants as possible on Tuesday. Those who wouldn't necessarily start a chant themselves but join in with others can help massively with this. If no-one joins in then human nature says we will all go back to playing it safe.

We can use this thread to jog the memory of a few forgotten chants. I'm not necessarily talking about songs from the seventies or eighties but even a few years ago we had a fair few chants which were heard regularly but are not heard anymore. Our rich musical heritage is in danger of being forgotten :D

As examples, I can't remember the last time I heard:

'If the Blues should play in Rome or Mandalay'

or

'If I had the arse of a sparrow'

or

'We're Oldham, we're barmy'

If you have your own favourite that you haven't heard for a while, add it to this thread and you never know, someone's memory might be jogged enough to start it off on Tuesday.

Keep the Faith

(Yellow Submarine)

We play in blue..... and tangerine,

OLDHAM PLAY IN BLUE AND TANGERINE, BLUE AND TANGERINE, BLUE AND TANGERINE!

(Yellow Submarine)

OLDHAM PLAY IN BLUE AND TANGERINE, BLUE AND TANGERINE, BLUE AND TANGERINE!

I am going for:

SHERIDANS BLUE AND WHITE ARMY!

SHERIDANS BLUE AND WHITE ARMY!

..Ooh no i forgot, scrap that one, LOL

I am thinking along the lines of KTBFFH.

Guest sheridans_world

Oh The famous Man utd went to Rome to see the pope

The famous Man utd went to Rome to see the pope

The famous Man utd went to Rome to see the pope

And this is what he said ( :censored: off)

Who the :censored: are Man Utd

And the blues go marching on on on

The not so famous Oldham went to Rome to see the pope

And this is what he said.

We Love you Oldham, We do

Oh Oldham We love you.

One from the songsheet at Brighton, only heard it sung a handful of times but I quite like it :grin:

I never felt more like singing the blues,

When Oldham win and Forest lose,

Oh! Oldham,

You got me singing the blues.

My six year old granddaughter has been singing this since she was three:

Bertie Mee said to Don Revie

Have you heard of the North Bank, Highbury?

Don said "No, I don't think so,

but I've heard of the Chaddy Enders"

Da, da, da, dada, da, da... dada, da, da......Oldham!

P.S. Perhaps it should be updated to be a conversation between Venger and Juande Ramos :D

Lol, according to the woman in the ticket office there will only be about 250 of us.

Nah there will be more than that i reckon around the 500-650 mark.

I aint got a ticket yet as the saving isnt worth me picking my ticket up and i dont trust my postman the dirty red!

Edited by KYLEOAFC

Unfortunately don't do away games so cant be involved. I sit bottom right of Chaddy End and sing at every opportunity. I do feel though that a lot of old favourites are unknown to a lot of fans so seems like a complete waste of time trying to get peeps joining in to songs they dont know. On Satdi was difficult enuff to get anyone to sing anything. Me and me 3 mates tried in vain to get somet going but we forgot we were in a library. P1ss poor real p1ss poor!

Unfortunately don't do away games so cant be involved. I sit bottom right of Chaddy End and sing at every opportunity. I do feel though that a lot of old favourites are unknown to a lot of fans so seems like a complete waste of time trying to get peeps joining in to songs they dont know. On Satdi was difficult enuff to get anyone to sing anything. Me and me 3 mates tried in vain to get somet going but we forgot we were in a library. P1ss poor real p1ss poor!

I've said repeatedly that we should have a teach-in so that the old songs can be appeciated by the younger fans. But does anyone listen? I'm beginning to sound like Shez! :disappointed:

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

The problem we had at Donny in the JPT was that whenever songs which drummer boy and his mates didnt know got started by 2 people (I counted 3 different songs you dont hear often, if at all anymore) (which is generally all it takes till it has a few runs through and people have a grasp of it) - drummer boy would just whack his drum and start one of the same old chants which had been heard 30 times already that night. That's the one major criticism I had/have of him and his little group.

Seeing as that cant happen tonight. Hopefully that little group will learn a new chant or two.

Song for Saturday...

To the tune of Rehab by Amy Winehouse...

THEY TRIED TO GET THE BALL PAST TROTMAN, HE SAID NO NO NO

West Ham use that one a lot - starting with against Reading, when they remarked that a young forward tried to have sex with a woman, she said, "No, no no" :shock: , following I might add a case in which (un)said chap was exonerated. I've been trying for a while to think of applications for us.

Yes he has a new 'bigger' drum that they wouldn't let in last night. Simple fact is if he as it Sat ... people who don't want it sit together and have their own sing song .... would not have happened last night if he was allowed in with it.

I've never needed it, asked for it or want it personally.

By the way Andy Ritchie magic .... use to play for man u and LEEDS when they were ....

West Ham use that one a lot - starting with against Reading, when they remarked that a young forward tried to have sex with a woman, she said, "No, no no" :shock: , following I might add a case in which (un)said chap was exonerated. I've been trying for a while to think of applications for us.

Yes I admit it's not entirely original...Sunderland used it for Nyron Nosworthy as well. Still, I like it and it could be worth a sing song on Saturday.