future in doubt for latics

Guest sheridans_world

Do you not think the club will paint this in this light?

Do you not think the official website is a PR tool?!

Jesus some people will believe anything.

I've no idea what TTA have in mind, but this tone irritates me no end. The club is bigger than TTA and will go on regardless of their next decision, and to act otherwise is an infuriatingly patronising message to fans who supported the club long before they arrived and long after they'll have gone. Don't get me wrong; this is not a good night and I understand their frustration - but phrases like "death knell for professional sport" just sounds like toys-out-of-the-pram doom-mongering.

Another sign that Oldham Council is once again not interested in improving the towns reputation and facilities, and bringing in more revenue to the town

But I bet they give permission for those crapola hanging baskets to go up on the lampposts in the spring, costing us a fortune in taxes!

Big whoop, the Lookers stand gets rebuilt! we are going to end up looking like Blackpool, what next? Bleacher seating? oh no, Health and safty will say no to that next!

Not a happy bunny

I've no idea what TTA have in mind, but this tone irritates me no end. The club is bigger than TTA and will go on regardless of their next decision, and to act otherwise is an infuriatingly patronising message to fans who supported the club long before they arrived and long after they'll have gone. Don't get me wrong; this is not a good night and I understand their frustration - but phrases like "death knell for professional sport" just sounds like toys-out-of-the-pram doom-mongering.

I think they have every right to throw there toys out of the param.......

and for other people who just had a pop......I totally understand that the website is PR tool....I just personally belive that the 3As repersent the best hope for this club to survive and I always felt that a bad night tonight may push the 3As out of Oldham.....

I pretty much predicted the way tonight would go....hope followed by dissapointment....followed by people having a pop at fans fearing the worse...followed by people having a pop at the 3As.....some of you are soooo predictable....

Anyway fingers crossed they have another pop....I just dont belive the council are intrested though....they knew what they were doing tonight....

I think they have every right to throw there toys out of the param.......

and for other people who just had a pop......I totally understand that the website is PR tool....I just personally belive that the 3As repersent the best hope for this club to survive and I always felt that a bad night tonight may push the 3As out of Oldham.....

I pretty much predicted the way tonight would go....hope followed by dissapointment....followed by people having a pop at fans fearing the worse...followed by people having a pop at the 3As.....some of you are soooo predictable....

Anyway fingers crossed they have another pop....I just dont belive the council are intrested though....they knew what they were doing tonight....

the council should the clients bid have contained all the facts would have had no issue in passing the scale and access only planning application

because BRASS BANK / T3A / OLDHAM ATHLETIC turned up without all the information they couldnt pass it

its as simple as that...if we had prepared for it then we would have got it, we failed to prepare and we failed...council cant be blamed for the teams incompetencies

the council should the clients bid have contained all the facts would have had no issue in passing the scale and access only planning application

because BRASS BANK / T3A / OLDHAM ATHLETIC turned up without all the information they couldnt pass it

its as simple as that...if we had prepared for it then we would have got it, we failed to prepare and we failed...council cant be blamed for the teams incompetencies

....thats very much your opinion...and not one shared by myself or the club....the club seem to think they had covered there basis.....excuess from the council......

Edited by oafc0000

i had a pop at you...just you.

the end is near...your words.

rubbish mate.

You think im the only one with this opinion ???

ANyway, it was said slightly toungue in cheek.....although if anyone dosent realise the :censored: we are in now then they need to wake up and quickly....it might not be the end.....but it certainly could be....

So, chickers, from an initial note of optimism you're now preparing to blame the club for failure. Nice move.

Realistically, we can do no more tonight. More sense will come from Boundary Park after due consultation and in the cold light of day tomorrow.

If it really is as simple as a poorly prepared application, then that can be quickly solved and a new application submitted.

However, I can't see how a fw extra "facts" can change the bases for rejection. A development half the proposed size might, but would that be sufficient to provide the necessary income for the club and/or retain TTA's interest?

In the end though, it comes down to simple, hard nosed, business sense. If you put enough obstacles in the path of an entrepreneur he'll find a different opportunity in a more promising market.

Hard to believe what i heard at the meeting tonght

1. The committee members did not seem to have bothered to read the reports properly

2. The chairman doubted the validity of his own official's traffic figures

3. The utter negativity of it all

4. A semi articulate councillor who did not understand the word heraditement which he pronouncd as herediment

5. A complete inability or refusal to see the bigger picture and the potential benefit to the town

6. Rejecting the recommendation of its own officials

In all a terrible night for OAFC. No one could blame TTA if they throw in the towel now. Dealing with these councillors must be like trying to push water uphill. Who is going to be interested in OAFC when the Town Council have tonight demonstrated they do not care.

I hope the club can somehow survive this, but at the moment things look bleak. An appeal against this ridiculous decision would probably succeed as legally the council are all over the shop, but tonight must have knocked the stuffing out of Mr. Corney who did a great job and has clearly consulted all interested parties and behaved impeccably. I wonder if property speculators would have been as sensitive to local feeling.

So, chickers, from an initial note of optimism you're now preparing to blame the club for failure. Nice move.

Realistically, we can do no more tonight. More sense will come from Boundary Park after due consultation and in the cold light of day tomorrow.

If it really is as simple as a poorly prepared application, then that can be quickly solved and a new application submitted.

However, I can't see how a fw extra "facts" can change the bases for rejection. A development half the proposed size might, but would that be sufficient to provide the necessary income for the club and/or retain TTA's interest?

In the end though, it comes down to simple, hard nosed, business sense. If you put enough obstacles in the path of an entrepreneur he'll find a different opportunity in a more promising market.

The club turned up and wasnt prepared for what was asked of it...if that is blaming the club then so be it

the club know what it has to do now to achieve this stage of planning, and hopefully it can be done at the earliest oppertunity and put back in front of teh councillors for approval

one of the guys on the panel who probably has no construction experience assumed that the apartments would retail at the 200k barrier and that would generate 100 million for the development...when as simon couldnt confirm what he had assumed the resalable value of the properties would be...surely you would know that bit of information (for the record i got asked the same question in a presentation i had to give, so its not unique)

apart from the traffic, which they had to take as fact as they forced them into accepting that it was correct, the other issue they had was on the scale of the site, something which simon said he was going to liaise with the residents over

perhaps there was too much if buts and maybes for the council to pass judgement on such a large scheme..if the traffic hadnt been discussed at the length it was as within the presentation the facts were unclear then maybe the judgement would have been passed favourably on the club...who knows

one of the guys on the panel who probably has no construction experience assumed that the apartments would retail at the 200k barrier and that would generate 100 million for the development

"Assumed".

We're dealing with a multi million pound development and we have people who are making the key decisions assuming things! OK it seems not everything was spot on but assuming! :blink:

"Assumed".

We're dealing with a multi million pound development and we have people who are making the key decisions assuming things! OK it seems not everything was spot on but assuming! :blink:

and teh front of the development couldnt confirm what allowances had been made within his proposals for the salable value!

one of the guys on the panel who probably has no construction experience assumed that the apartments would retail at the 200k barrier and that would generate 100 million for the development...

Not only was he entirley incorrect, it was also completely irrelevant to the decision over planning permission.