Stadium - whats changed ?

It must be a reduction in the number of flats as it refers to scale. I just hope it's something token for Bashforth and his cronies to use to try and save a bit of face.

Im sure your right but its weird how we didnt put any details forward though. I think thing have been put in place so they can save face. We could do with finding out whats change so we dont do something with our campigning that is negative to us getting the stadium. Information is power. Can OWTB contact Hardy ?

Edited by oafc0000

It must be a reduction in the number of flats as it refers to scale. I just hope it's something token for Bashforth and his cronies to use to try and save a bit of face.

I agree. Just enough of a change for the councillors to save face but not so much that it affects the viability of the project.

Let's keep the positive campaign going right up until the 11/12.

I agree. Just enough of a change for the councillors to save face but not so much that it affects the viability of the project.

Let's keep the positive campaign going right up until the 11/12.

Is it true that a certain Mr S Bashforth has put his name down for a penthouse apartment?

:wink:

Aye. And 2 parking spaces!

With another two for Mrs Bashforth's cars :wink:

Can OWTB contact Hardy ?

Could do, but TBH it sounds like they are being quite careful what is being released into the public domain, so I doubt he could tell us anything more at this point. He stressed the point that it is still at outline stage, so maybe the idea is for them to throw them something to enable them to claim some sort of win to the residents, and they will say that the traffic thing will be worked on, ie ignored.

With another two for Mrs Bashforth's cars :wink:

Could do, but TBH it sounds like they are being quite careful what is being released into the public domain, so I doubt he could tell us anything more at this point. He stressed the point that it is still at outline stage, so maybe the idea is for them to throw them something to enable them to claim some sort of win to the residents, and they will say that the traffic thing will be worked on, ie ignored.

Knowing are plans will help us to target are campaign so its worth asking him. If he dosent want to say because of the reason stated then that is understandable.

Knowing are plans will help us to target are campaign so its worth asking him. If he dosent want to say because of the reason stated then that is understandable.

I disagree. If the changes are to be made known prior to the meeting, this will have to be done publicly. The club could not just leak it to the fans in order that we launch a campaign. This would not look good at all. We must trust that they know what they're doing and be patient.

I disagree. If the changes are to be made known prior to the meeting, this will have to be done publicly. The club could not just leak it to the fans in order that we launch a campaign. This would not look good at all. We must trust that they know what they're doing and be patient.

??

Im not after a leak! Im after the facts! If we have resubmitted the plans then im sure they are now of public record anyway and should be avilable to all. I dont think Hardy will be keeping anything secert but if he was, I wouldnt complain, thats all.

??

Im not after a leak! Im after the facts! If we have resubmitted the plans then im sure they are now of public record anyway and should be avilable to all. I dont think Hardy will be keeping anything secert but if he was, I wouldnt complain, thats all.

No, we know the general idea. It can't have changed that much. We just need to keep campaigning on the same issues - regeneration, civic pride, employment opportunities, saving Latics etc.

:cardinal:

Maybe it could be through the trust that all campaigns are now organised. That would cut out the need for all of us to know and they do after all have a seat on the board. That way without everyone knowing the new plans we could coordinate the campaign accordingly to the changes.

Maybe it could be through the trust that all campaigns are now organised. That would cut out the need for all of us to know and they do after all have a seat on the board. That way without everyone knowing the new plans we could coordinate the campaign accordingly to the changes.

HANG ON. THE PLANS CAN'T BE KEPT A SECERT THE WHOLE TOWN WILL HAVE ACCESS TO THEM. EVERYONE HAS A RIGHT TO SEE THEM.

SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS. MOBILE PLAYING UP AGAIN

I personally think not going public with them (yet) is a tactic to harm the Residents Together campaign. Let's face it, the Latics have been entirely upfront with them all the way and still got stabbed in the back by them. So giving them no info, means they can't build their pissy plastercine model etc again and leaves them sat in the Council Chamber hearing it/reading about in on the day. Or I hope that's the way it's being played. As OAFC0000 states, it probably has to be made common knowledge but for me, the later, the better!

HANG ON. THE PLANS CAN'T BE KEPT A SECERT THE WHOLE TOWN WILL HAVE ACCESS TO THEM. EVERYONE HAS A RIGHT TO SEE THEM.

SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS. MOBILE PLAYING UP AGAIN

The original Application Report was posted on OWTB by Diego shortly after midnight on 10th October, one week before the first planning meeting (17th October). I know Diego had that date written in his diary as being when the report would be published so it must be standard practice. I suspect that any material related to an amendment to the plans will therefore be posted on 4th December. I'm not sure exactly where Diego got it from though, presumably from the council's website.

I personally think not going public with them (yet) is a tactic to harm the Residents Together campaign. Let's face it, the Latics have been entirely upfront with them all the way and still got stabbed in the back by them. So giving them no info, means they can't build their pissy plastercine model etc again and leaves them sat in the Council Chamber hearing it/reading about in on the day. Or I hope that's the way it's being played. As OAFC0000 states, it probably has to be made common knowledge but for me, the later, the better!

Quite possibly, and to a certain extent I would agree that that would be a sensible course of action. I would, however, like a little info to be available for those writing letters of support. It would be good to be able to stress the concessions made by TTA, letting Councillors and the public (through The Chron) understand how any objections they may have are being overcome.