my god.can we not just sit back and be happy that were undefeated in 6 games now.

can we not just say that since gregan has been injured the lads who have come into the side to ease the defensive burden.have done very well with the odd lapse in concentration.

rightyo,since gregan has been injured and ricketts gone from the club results have picked up and we are playing better football,thats fact not fiction.

does that not tell you then that maybe last seasons capitulation and bad results from crimbo can be attributed to greegan,just as ricketts was causing problems hes gone.

coincidence???

:grin: ...yep,how i see it!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do enjoy threads like this.

They remind me how utterly braindead footy fans can be - even those near the top of the footy fan intellect pile who are bright enough to work a computer.

And now for the blasphemy:

When Gregan is fit he'll come straight back in alongside Trotman, because for all his effort and popularity Stam can be an absolute liability.

They remind me how utterly braindead footy fans can be - even those near the top of the footy fan intellect pile who are bright enough to work a computer.

When Gregan is fit he'll come straight back in alongside Trotman, because for all his effort and popularity Stam can be an absolute liability.

you included eh!

:grin:

These threads are what these boards are best for in many ways, everybody has opinions about players.

The whole game is all about opinions.

The good thing for us fans and posters is our opinions if they are wrong dont cost us anything (unless you financially back your judgement).

Unlike managers who often lose their jobs if their opinions on players are wrong. :grin:

Quote "recent defensive RESULTS say otherwise"

P£ss poor defending cost us 2 points last night and could / should have cost us a goal against Crewe and Port Vale hit the post about 4 times.

We are not defending as well as you might think.

Sorry HTC, but pisspoor defending did NOT cost us 2 points last night. Our inability to find a 2nd goal did.

In our last 10 games we have only conceded 7 goals, and we've kept 4 clean sheets. All teams are gonna make mistakes/concede soft goals from time to time, but our inability to get goals -particularly at home when you considered we've lost something like 5 times to a 0-1 scorline is what is costing us.

People seem to be very conveniently forgetting that in Gregan's absence the replacement centre halves (whoever they maybe) are not absolutely faultless and brilliant as some might think, against Crewe a diabolical blunder should have led to a goal in the first minute and last night we conceded one of the softest goals I have ever seen.

Gregan will have to prove his fitness and work hard to get back in the team, he will do this and alongside either Trotman, Hazell or Stam will be our captain and regular starting Centre Half.

We are not the rock steady, faultless defensive unit without him that some would have us all believe.

Should have .. but didnt .. so irrelavant.

And yes it was a very, very soft goal but the defence wasnt to blame ... Mr Hughes is unfortunately ... he played everyone on by a mile, and knew it straight away when they scored.

For me, defensively we are alot better without Gregan ... who makes mistake after mistake and gets away with it, when others would have got a reet slating from the crowd ... For me Trotters and Stam/Hazell should be the partnership for me ... and see how Gregan does in regaining fitness and in reserve games ... maybe alittle spell out when hes fit will give him a wee kick up the bum and show him he is infact replaceable.

Some very very short memories on here.

I remember some of the towering displays Gregan has put in for us since his arrival on loan from Leeds, and most peoples desperate desire for him to be signed up full time.

He has had many MOM performances in a Latics shirt, both before and after he signed permanently for us.

Some very very short memories on here.

I remember some of the towering displays Gregan has put in for us since his arrival on loan from Leeds, and most peoples desperate desire for him to be signed up full time.

He has had many MOM performances in a Latics shirt, both before and after he signed permanently for us.

Those are true ... i remember Burnley earlier in the season he was immense really.

Just at the minute the defence is playing alot better ... and why should Gregan walk straight back in to an improving defence ... it just wouldnt send out the right message. Once Hazell becomes fully fit he should be in with NT ... his second half performance against Crewe showed his class ... so now like Hazell did/is doing SG needs to prove himself to get back in ... not just walk back in ... thats what people are saying .. im not saying he isnt class ,, just he shouldnt walk straight back in, thats all pal.

Those are true ... i remember Burnley earlier in the season he was immense really.

Just at the minute the defence is playing alot better ... and why should Gregan walk straight back in to an improving defence ... it just wouldnt send out the right message. Once Hazell becomes fully fit he should be in with NT ... his second half performance against Crewe showed his class ... so now like Hazell did/is doing SG needs to prove himself to get back in ... not just walk back in ... thats what people are saying .. im not saying he isnt class ,, just he shouldnt walk straight back in, thats all pal.

I dont think for a minute he should walk straight back in on reputation alone.

He needs to prove his fitness and then play his way back in.

The point I have been trying to make all along (obviously unsuccessfully) is that I think he will play his way back in and prove he is certainly one of the best two centre halves at the club, just my opinion.

Time will tell.

I dont think for a minute he should walk straight back in on reputation alone.

He needs to prove his fitness and then play his way back in.

The point I have been trying to make all along (obviously unsuccessfully) is that I think he will play his way back in and prove he is certainly one of the best two centre halves at the club, just my opinion.

Time will tell.

Now .. we are on the same wavelength pal :grin:

facts state at the moment that since gregan has been injured,our defence has improved brilliantly.

no more rollockings from gregan when something goes wrong-when he should have been doing his job to prevent the said happenings instead of waiting to point his finger.

pace DOES come into it.saying otherwise is just cluching at straws-hence your wild bobby moore comparisan-moore was a bloody talented defender-his tactical awareness was his greatest asset-to the fact he was captain of england in 66 and beyond...but to use him as an example to why gregan doesn't need pace and still be brilliant is laughable.

the point that fans at the moment are not missing gregan and that players like trotters,ruby,stam are excelling in his absence,puts gregan firmly at number 4 choice...until there is a suspension/injury/bad game by the first 3 choices,he'll have to wait patiently...then prove his worth to keep his place-like trotters has...like ruby has...like stam has!

"facts state at the moment that since gregan has been injured,our defence has improved brilliantly"

So that's the only factor is it ? And you accuse me of beimg silly.

"pace DOES come into it"

Don't recall saying it didn't.Play Gregan with Trotman.One has the pace,one has the nouse.

"your wild bobby moore comparisan"

Why is it wild ? Pace is pace no matter what era or style of football.

"like ruby has...like stam has"

Gregan's a quality player unlike the two you've mentioned who are average as their histories suggest.