• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no he just about shades it over kalala in my eyes, prob even allott really but hes doin the biz recently.

basicly he cant be trusted at centre half and if you disagree you're blind or stupid or love taking unnecessary risks.

If he can't be trusted at Centre Half then he certainly can't be trusted in Midfield, like I said before he should just retire now and we find a new captain.

By the way, were you at the Crewe game on Saturday when an almighty clanger by one of our (can be trusted centre halves) led to us nearly conceding a goal in the very first minute, or do you suffer as many Latics fans do, from selective memory loss?

Clearly Gregan should retire with immediate effect, as he has absolutely no future whatsoever at Boundary Park.

He is without doubt 4th (unless Holness and Pearson are also above him in the pecking order) choice Centre Half and has no ability or qualities to speak of.

Given his impending retirement he needs to be stripped of the captaincy without delay.

I just hope Stam stays fit as he is by my reckoning overdue a long term injury and Hazell only has a contract until the end of the season, this could leave us short of cover with just Trotman.

But hey, thats life.

Spot on mate. People have very short memories and need to realise that Trotters is still a kid not the messiah. Whilst he has been superb a dip in form WILL come. As for Stam think he's a very good player but prone to stupid lapses in confidence. Onto Gregan, when he came last season it coincided with a wonderful run that saw us to the top of the league, he then had a didp in form along with many others and we finished the season rather feebly. The hangover continued at the start of the season, yet once he gained a partner that was a little more mobile than Thompson the old Greegs swagger returned and before his injury his form had returned, proving the old saying, form is temporary, class is permanent and Gregan at THIS level is a cut above. IMO Gregan and Trotters for me once Seany boy is fit with Stam and Rubes as cover and to keep fatlad on his toes!

i dont agree he was playing his best again, i agree he was improving but he wasnt at his pre febraury form.

why cant he be trusted sat in front of a back 4? i fail to see that arguement. he can win headers there, jog about, kick a few people whisper stuff to them, pull their armpit hairs and all the other stuff he loves to do. then when he slips or tackles himself there are five more bodies behind him rather than just one.

yes stam made a mistake, a mistake, A mistake i acknowledge people make mistakes and i am trying to accomodate what i percieve to be more enevitable mistakes.

and the blind, stupid part of my quote was a step to far but its because i strongly feel it is a big risk. if any offence has been taken, i appologise.

i dont agree he was playing his best again, i agree he was improving but he wasnt at his pre febraury form.

why cant he be trusted sat in front of a back 4? i fail to see that arguement. he can win headers there, jog about, kick a few people whisper stuff to them, pull their armpit hairs and all the other stuff he loves to do. then when he slips or tackles himself there are five more bodies behind him rather than just one.

yes stam made a mistake, a mistake, A mistake i acknowledge people make mistakes and i am trying to accomodate what i percieve to be more enevitable mistakes.

and the blind, stupid part of my quote was a step to far but its because i strongly feel it is a big risk. if any offence has been taken, i appologise.

I do hope we're not going towards the bad days of the jklatics site when we had to wade through abuse of players expressed in a barely articulate manner. I get the point daznathe , you don't rate Gregan.

However, just before his injury lots of people, including Shez, were applauding his play as being back up there and we were worried when he was ruled out. The Stam/Trotman/Hazell combination has done well and that's great. Each makes mistakes, every player does, and probably no less than Gragan does.

We are conceding less goals but I'd put that very much down to Eardley recapturing his form and Bertrand developing as a defender. Most goals conceded early on came from the flanks, and now that that has been tightened up we look much more solid. (Credit to to Taylor in this respect in the cup).

I've certainly not taken any offence at any of your comments, you are as we all are entitled to your opinion.

We are merely debating :argue::swordfight: the pro's and con's of Sean Gregan, I feel that when fully fit, he along with either Trotman, Stam or Hazell is in our best centre half combination.

I concede that he does not have the pace these days that maybe he once had but his aeriel power and general reading of a game set him apart from the other centre halves at the club.

Anyway thats what I think and I suspect we are going to have to agree to disagree on this.

we will and i add that i would love to be wrong.

BLUE ARMY

Be happy then son because you are clearly deluded. Gregan is the best centre half at the club. Lack of pace ??? Wow-ee !! This is the third division,not renowned for pacey centre backs. Where we fell down last season was having two slow men in Gregan and Haining. I don't recall Bobby Moore being a sprinter but then all he did was win a World Cup.

Be happy then son because you are clearly deluded. Gregan is the best centre half at the club. Lack of pace ??? Wow-ee !! This is the third division,not renowned for pacey centre backs. Where we fell down last season was having two slow men in Gregan and Haining. I don't recall Bobby Moore being a sprinter but then all he did was win a World Cup.

lol cheers for that mate, i imagine u as the spotty youth on the periphary of a group nodding and saying yeah when the leaders speak. i dont imagine you recall bobby moore full stop. sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

lol cheers for that mate, i imagine u as the spotty youth on the periphary of a group nodding and saying yeah when the leaders speak. i dont imagine you recall bobby moore full stop. sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

Don't apply for a job as a fortune teller. I watched the 66 WCF in b/w, don't suppose you were a twinkle in your daddys whotsit. BTW, it's spotty youths such as yourself who spell "you" as "u". Grow up.

Gregan is the best centre half at the club.no he isn't in my and manys opinion...why??cause you state>>> Lack of pace ???

Wow-ee !! This is the third division,not renowned for pacey centre backs.no?? so thats why trotters and ruby have pace! not doing bad when they've played have they,together or with stam...

Where we fell down last season was having two slow men in Gregan and Haining.

there you go then!now we have 2 very good central defenders playing,1 with pace ,both with defensive awereness,as oppossed to last season-we are missing haining???!!!

oh no...i miss michelle more!

I don't recall Bobby Moore being a sprinter but then all he did was win a World Cup.different style of football different period of football,different era-why the the silly comparisan???

facts state at the moment that since gregan has been injured,our defence has improved brilliantly.

no more rollockings from gregan when something goes wrong-when he should have been doing his job to prevent the said happenings instead of waiting to point his finger.

pace DOES come into it.saying otherwise is just cluching at straws-hence your wild bobby moore comparisan-moore was a bloody talented defender-his tactical awareness was his greatest asset-to the fact he was captain of england in 66 and beyond...but to use him as an example to why gregan doesn't need pace and still be brilliant is laughable.

the point that fans at the moment are not missing gregan and that players like trotters,ruby,stam are excelling in his absence,puts gregan firmly at number 4 choice...until there is a suspension/injury/bad game by the first 3 choices,he'll have to wait patiently...then prove his worth to keep his place-like trotters has...like ruby has...like stam has!

People seem to be very conveniently forgetting that in Gregan's absence the replacement centre halves (whoever they maybe) are not absolutely faultless and brilliant as some might think, against Crewe a diabolical blunder should have led to a goal in the first minute and last night we conceded one of the softest goals I have ever seen.

Gregan will have to prove his fitness and work hard to get back in the team, he will do this and alongside either Trotman, Hazell or Stam will be our captain and regular starting Centre Half.

We are not the rock steady, faultless defensive unit without him that some would have us all believe.

People seem to be very conveniently forgetting that in Gregan's absence the replacement centre halves (whoever they maybe) are not absolutely faultless and brilliant as some might think, against Crewe a diabolical blunder should have led to a goal in the first minute and last night we conceded one of the softest goals I have ever seen.

oh come on!!!!

if they were on top of EVERTHING in the game,1-90 mins,they would be playing in the premier:censored:e...not latics!!!

Gregan will have to prove his fitness and work hard to get back in the team, he will do this and alongside either Trotman, Hazell or Stam will be our captain and regular starting Centre Half.

absolutley.

We are not the rock steady, faultless defensive unit without him that some would have us all believe.

recent defensive RESULTS say otherwise.

Quote "recent defensive RESULTS say otherwise"

P£ss poor defending cost us 2 points last night and could / should have cost us a goal against Crewe and Port Vale hit the post about 4 times.

We are not defending as well as you might think.

mmm.so are we not climbing the league now since gregan has been injured?

aren't you not convieniantly forgetting the great results and/or defensive displays at tranny,bournemouth,doncaster,orient,forest?

i think the ratio of games with gregan in/out and goals let in...thats LET IN-NOT MISTAKES-show the non-gregan matches are a huge improvement.

aren't you not convieniently forgetting the great results and/or defensive displays at tranny,bournemouth,doncaster,orient,forest?

i think the ratio of games with gregan in/out and goals let in...thats LET IN-NOT MISTAKES-show the non-gregan matches are a huge improvement.

Although this could be due to numerous factors. Lee Hughes playing? Andy Liddell being out of the side? Bertrand learning how to play left back? Eardley returning to form? Gary Mac Coming back? Thompson not playing?

For me stick Gregan next to someone with a bit of pace and he is second to none, and would be straight in when fit.

aren't you not convieniantly forgetting the great results and/or defensive displays at tranny,bournemouth,doncaster,orient,forest?

my god.can we not just sit back and be happy that were undefeated in 6 games now.

can we not just say that since gregan has been injured the lads who have come into the side to ease the defensive burden.have done very well with the odd lapse in concentration.

rightyo,since gregan has been injured and ricketts gone from the club results have picked up and we are playing better football,thats fact not fiction.

does that not tell you then that maybe last seasons capitulation and bad results from crimbo can be attributed to greegan,just as ricketts was causing problems hes gone.

coincidence???

personally,my best 2 are ruby+trotters.

and i could see shez dropping either them 2 or stam at the moment for gregans impending comeback-he has to wait like they have had to.

another fact not mentioned is it could be that gregan isn't playing and the defence is more confident without mr pointy finger.....

hey..you started it!!! :lol: