Fabio Capello

• 1 month later...
Sven also used the trick of pretending his English is worse than it is. He always has an extra few seconds to think about the question whilst he say's "Wel..." and stares thoughtfully into space.

Capello is the kind of man to insist that the players learn Italian. I liked England tonight for the first time since before "McLaren". I liked how Bentley had a really good game after... Did anyone see that melee that he went into? Or did I just imagine that he kicked it 60 yards across the field and out of touch in a 60/40 tackle?

Capello is also lucky, which counts for a lot in the world of football, according to Michael Owen. He's taken over the side just when things cannot get any worse, which means that they'll do what he says. I can imagine players being dropped or banished for minor infringements of discipline, such as belching at the communal dinner table. And Capello will utter not one single word of explanation in any language, which is how it should be. Roll on South Africa.