1 hour ago, Hometownclub said:

I remember Amos being on loan with us and not being overly impressed, especially the Southampton game.

Pass

Was that the game last week or are we judging a keeper on a performance years ago? He's since played in the Championship so must be doing something right, we won't get him but this judging players on one performance years ago is laughable.

50 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Was that the game last week or are we judging a keeper on a performance years ago? He's since played in the Championship so must be doing something right, we won't get him but this judging players on one performance years ago is laughable.

I didn't judge him on one game but on the entire length of his loan, hence I said "I remember Amos being on loan with us and not being overly impressed"

I specifically remember him having a nightmare in the Southampton game, hence I said " especially the Southampton game"

So to summarise I wasn't overly impressed with him during his loan period with us.

3 minutes ago, Hometownclub said:

I didn't judge him on one game but on the entire length of his loan, hence I said "I remember Amos being on loan with us and not being overly impressed"

I specifically remember him having a nightmare in the Southampton game, hence I said " especially the Southampton game"

So to summarise I wasn't overly impressed with him during his loan period with us.

I wasn't overly impressed by Bertrand when we had him on loan as a kid but he's not done too bad for himself, games he played for us years ago are near on irrelevant if we were to consider signing him now.

I thought Bertrand did alright in his loan spell with us, I'm not saying I thought he would be a future regular starter in the Premier league and get capped by England, but I wouldn't say I wasn't overly impressed by him.

Anyway i was just expressing an opinion.

I thought Bertrand started badly and got better with every passing game. He was superb just as he left. I remember him throwing his shirt in the crowd at Leeds and getting a massive ovation.

4 hours ago, pukka said:

I thought Bertrand started badly and got better with every passing game. He was superb just as he left. I remember him throwing his shirt in the crowd at Leeds and getting a massive ovation.

Yeah, he couldn't defend for shit when he turned up, and moved straight up a division with ease.

I've got a soft spot for Neil Thompson who Colin signed on loan in 97/98 when Carl Serrant, he of England B international fame, got injured. 

Not because he was particularly any good, but a year later he oversaw a run as York manager which, combined with a copule of last gasp wins by Latics, saw them relegated at our expense. :chubb: