Sutherland released

Is this to make way for someone coming in? I wouldn't have thought it would free up much of a wage.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/20140102-sutherland-leaves-1270149.aspx

Edit: Didn't see the other thread. Mergotronic machine available?

Edited by Bristolatic

There was obviously something about Plummer that LJ liked, but he just hasn't been able to show it. That's life. Sutherland, on the other hand, may not have been showing any potential at all after initially looking the part. Just a thought.

Released after 6 months as a pro while we're taking players like Plummer on loan. Am I missing something here?

Well they don't play the same position for starters.

I'm guessing the set up have decided he hasn't got what it takes and binned him off as it will free up an albeit small wage (perhaps enough to bring someone in on loan) and also gives him the chance to find a club in January before other clubs fill their ranks.

Well they don't play the same position for starters.

I'm guessing the set up have decided he hasn't got what it takes and binned him off as it will free up an albeit small wage (perhaps enough to bring someone in on loan) and also gives him the chance to find a club in January before other clubs fill their ranks.

lets hope this is the start of a major clearout, we have plenty of crap to get rid of, in fact we could have a fire sale

When I watched him in the youth team I thought the kid had a chance of making it, one I got wrong it seems.

not exactly, look at mark tierney... i still think Sutherland has something about him - enjoyed a night out though, didn't seem to be as career minded as some young footballers

Shame - but not too surprised after the reports i heard from a County fan at work.

File under Carlos Roca, Matty Barlow and countless others...

That's the problem with kids at all clubs, professional coaching staff believe they will make the grade, but its not always about ability.