Take your pick

Securing the likes of Porter, even the Porter now rather than when we first had him, would only be a pipe dream.  

My expectations are rock bottom in terms of strengthening in January, especially on the striker front.  Only movement I see is players out the club - no money will be spent on signings with the owner hoping we limp to just above relegation on the squad we have.

Why would an owner add to the debts he’s incurring if he’s desperate to sell?

5 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Securing the likes of Porter, even the Porter now rather than when we first had him, would only be a pipe dream.  

My expectations are rock bottom in terms of strengthening in January, especially on the striker front.  Only movement I see is players out the club - no money will be spent on signings with the owner hoping we limp to just above relegation on the squad we have.

Why would an owner add to the debts he’s incurring if he’s desperate to sell?

Is this still the case?

I ask because you seemingly had some ITK information a month or so back.

39 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

Is this still the case?

I ask because you seemingly had some ITK information a month or so back.

I've heard of one party looking to buy and have been told that the club isn't for sale (and this isn't the alleged conman Jack Ryan either).

17 hours ago, OLDHAMADE said:

Always liked porter and yes, he knows were the onion bag is but he did the dirty on us after we had stood by him and his injury, that's unforgivable!

Not sure about the injury bit. I remember him being in pain for months and Ronnie telling him to stop being a soft arse and play through it. 

51 minutes ago, leeslover said:

Not sure about the injury bit. I remember him being in pain for months and Ronnie telling him to stop being a soft arse and play through it. 

He was well looked after by the club, then decided on moving to Scotland, thus denying the club any fee or recompense in getting him fit, surely that isn't forgotten?

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/17/2019 at 3:04 PM, BP1960 said:

So far, in conjunction with some of my old scouting colleagues, seven forwards have been identified who could do a good job for Latics from January.

1. Premiership club southern u23s,  Stocky build, good movement in and around the penalty area, goal poacher.

2. Premiership club southern u23s,  6ft 3ins old fashioned centre forward, decent goal scoring record.

3. Championship club northern u23s,  6ft, very highly rated by fans, good goal scoring record.

4. Championship northern u23s  6ft 3ins, youth international honours, good goal scoring record.

5. Division 2,    6ft 1ins, very mobile, unsettles defenders,decent goal scoring record.

6. Non league, 6ft 5ins, not quick but superb in the air, decent goal scoring record.

7, Non league, Strong, quick, prolific goal scorer.

This doesn't mean we will get any of them of course as some will be on good loan wages or fees required, but all are worth enquiries. 

Who do you fancy from those descriptions?

Ship the 10-15 players we have that are dead wood and bring the lot of them in I say. 

Archived