JPT 2nd Round Draw - Useless!

I've sent it to the BBC as well - belt and braces! :grin:

Oh no...what have you done? Surely you can see the funny side in their massive club going from a semi final in a European competition, to the Johnstone Paint Trophy in a just a small number of years? Can't believe you may have scuppered this possibility :wink:

Oh no...what have you done? Surely you can see the funny side in their massive club going from a semi final in a European competition, to the Johnstone Paint Trophy in a just a small number of years? Can't believe you may have scuppered this possibility :wink:

It was this bit in the statement on the Leeds website that prompted me to try to prove the club wrong:

"The club would prefer to be a full member of the FA, but it is also comfortable that not being a member will not prevent us from doing anything we need to do."

If all they lose out on is a vote at the FA AGM then it makes a mockery of being a Full Member. But if they lose out on an easy way of getting a trip to Wembley and selling all that merchandise, then they will regret waving two fingers at the FA.

It was this bit in the statement on the Leeds website that prompted me to try to prove the club wrong:

"The club would prefer to be a full member of the FA, but it is also comfortable that not being a member will not prevent us from doing anything we need to do."

If all they lose out on is a vote at the FA AGM then it makes a mockery of being a Full Member. But if they lose out on an easy way of getting a trip to Wembley and selling all that merchandise, then they will regret waving two fingers at the FA.

True....there's a fair point football-wise in there. Maybe a win-win for us no matter what happens then....

Also, I've seriously been considering writing to the FA to ask them why nothing has been done about Leeds' appalling behaviour in their final home game last season vs Ipswich, when they tried to get the game abandoned. Nothing whatsoever has been raised about this, yet if it had been any other club (or one they weren't having other run-ins with) they'd be for the high jump....so why not Leeds? I think we could get a few more points shaved off, if we try hard enough! :wink:

True....there's a fair point football-wise in there. Maybe a win-win for us no matter what happens then....

Also, I've seriously been considering writing to the FA to ask them why nothing has been done about Leeds' appalling behaviour in their final home game last season vs Ipswich, when they tried to get the game abandoned. Nothing whatsoever has been raised about this, yet if it had been any other club (or one they weren't having other run-ins with) they'd be for the high jump....so why not Leeds? I think we could get a few more points shaved off, if we try hard enough! :wink:

It can take the best part of twelve months for the FA to deal with theses things, so perhaps it's waiting until Ken Bates starts celebrating the fact that he's beaten the FA, before punishing the club for that major transgression with...............................................another points' deduction.

After all the FA needs to set an example to the fans of other clubs that they will not get away with marching on together onto the pitch. :grin:

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

Guest oa_exile
Also, I've seriously been considering writing to the FA to ask them why nothing has been done about Leeds' appalling behaviour in their final home game last season vs Ipswich, when they tried to get the game abandoned.

Ring them up BB and ask them , then you can make sure your both singing from the same song sheet :wink:

So dirty Leeds have been included in the draw - Darlington away. As I've aready said, without Full Member status Leeds is ineligible to play in the Full Members' competition (JPT), so Darlington should have a bye to the next round.

I'll let you know what reply I get from the FA - I'll probably get sweet FA!

So dirty Leeds have been included in the draw - Darlington away. As I've aready said, without Full Member status Leeds is ineligible to play in the Full Members' competition (JPT), so Darlington should have a bye to the next round.

I'll let you know what reply I get from the FA - I'll probably get sweet FA!

D_S

Have you emailed Alan Hardy ??

He would be able to give you an answer of Leeds Eligibility for the JPT

Good effort so far thou :grin:

Alan Hardy has replied to my email:

"I am afraid the Johnstone's Paint Trophy is nothing to do with the FA.

It is a competition run by the Football League for Football League Clubs and when they have no sponsor it is called the Football League Trophy. Some times, as in the past, they have invited Conference clubs to take part."

He has linked me to the rules of this season's competition, which state that it is for all clubs in Leagues One and Two, all of which shall take part. So no club is allowed to opt out even if it wanted to. :deal2:

The fact that in the past the Football League has called the competition the Full Members' Trophy is not relevant under this season's rules.

So Master Bates has got away with it once again. :disappointed::angry:

i think the full members trophy was something else for the teams that qualifyed for europe whilst the english clubs were banned or was it for the non qualifying clubs sommat like that didnt basterd rovers win it ?

Nah! It's described as:

"The Football League Trophy is the generic name of an English football competition for clubs in the two lower divisions of The Football League, whose official name is frequently changed to match changes in sponsors: accordingly, it was most recently known as the LDV Vans Trophy, and for three years from 2006 will be the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy. It is frequently referred to as the Associate Members’ Cup, although that name is now an anachronism as there is no longer a distinction between full and associate membership of The Football League."