Scarves out of car windows

The majority of teams in the Thai Premier League are company or forces teams.

However, I support a team who represent a city (and province). We are the best supported team in the country and attact a passionate bunch of fans. Our average home attendance is about 1,800 and we regularly take 200 to away games. There were 1,500 at the match tonight.

I appreciate that, by English standards, this is quite poor but here our home crowds are the equivalent of 100,000 at the Nou Camp!! Most other teams attract around 500/750.

Sadly, Bovril is not available at Thai football grounds but you can drink beer and eat as much somtam as you like whilst watching the match.

There was a cracking atmosphere at tonight's match as we ended a 4 match winless streak with a 3-1 victory which moved us back into 2nd place.

Thats ace - ive often thought about moving abroad for a bit so id love to be able to support a local foriegn team wherever i was living. Hopefully a successful one too after years of watching the latics slip down the league:)

Thats ace - ive often thought about moving abroad for a bit so id love to be able to support a local foriegn team wherever i was living. Hopefully a successful one too after years of watching the latics slip down the league:)

I've supported the Latics for each of my 44 years on the planet (and will continue to do so) but, I can honestly say that, I am as passionate about Chonburi FC as I am about Oldham Athletic. It's the fact that I am physically able to attend the games.

There is a completely different atmosphere at Thai league matches. The fans mix happily and, at the end of the game, everyone, players, manager and supporters, come together and applaud each other's efforts. I love it.

It's a world away from the English Premier League.

I've supported the Latics for each of my 44 years on the planet (and will continue to do so) but, I can honestly say that, I am as passionate about Chonburi FC as I am about Oldham Athletic. It's the fact that I am physically able to attend the games.

There is a completely different atmosphere at Thai league matches. The fans mix happily and, at the end of the game, everyone, players, manager and supporters, come together and applaud each other's efforts. I love it.

It's a world away from the English Premier League.

But there is no BOVRIL??

You'll be telling me that you are not hearded around by the Police and Stewards next...

But there is no BOVRIL??

You'll be telling me that you are not hearded around by the Police and Stewards next...

Nope. We are treated like human beings.

Watching football in Thailand is a pleasurable experience. The most extreme fan behaviour I have seen was the throwing of water bottles after a contentious decision.

The admission charge at home games is B30 (50p) and, if you travel with the supporters club, it's free at away games!! No comparison!!

What about Balti chicken pies. I mean, surely to God you can get a Balti Chicken pie. The football experience is severely diminished by the absence of a Balti Chicken Pie!!!!

Guest oa_exile
just being in the presence of the opposition fans used to scare me a bit at that age as to me they were 'the enemy'

So it does not bother you now ?

*Exile puts his Psychologist hat on*

psychologist.gif

Guest oa_exile
Take that hat off, Exile! You want to be asking more like......"And how does it make you feel now?" Always open rather than closed questions :grin:

......"And how does it make you feel now?"

lol :grin: I bet you say that to all the boys :grin:

Guest oa_exile
*Exile puts his Psychologist hat on*

............ again

No. It's more of a "You want me to do what? You can get to :censored: !"

Take a seat young Mads

Stokke_Gravity_balance_chair.jpg

.......... and what exactly is your problem with what they want you to do ?

Do people still hang their scarves out of car windows when travelling to away matches?

This was all the rage when I were a lad.

Me and my mate always used to hang the scarves out of the window, until one journey...the fateful trip down for the 2nd leg of the playoffs v QPR. Having picked my mate up at Warwick, I was driving a company car when said mate decided that it was time for the scarf to go out of the window. Unfortunately, slightly giddy with excitement at hopefully seeing the lads win through to the final he didn't take his finger of the electric window 'up' button at quite the right moment.

Have you ever heard the noise a car window makes as the motor (inside the door) grinds away at glass?

That was the least of the worries as, once hastly retrieved scarf was safely inside the car, the window gave up the ghost and decided to hide inside the door panel for the remainder of the journey. Thankfully the good residents of West London looked after the car whilst we suffered further heartache inside the ground.

Scarfs out of car windows... :awooga::imnotworthy: