Planning Officer's Recommendations on Planning Applications for Redevopment of BP

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need as many people as possible to get down there and support the application.

Tonight's rarely wrong Chron says:

"BOUNDARY Park officials are urging the people of Oldham to turn up and support them at tomorrow night’s meeting of the planning committee.

Athletic’s proposals for a massive stadium redevelopment will be discussed on what Alan Hardy described as an historic night for both town and club.

The chief executive said: “This is absolutely vital, so we need as many people as possible to attend the meeting at 6pm and show their support for our plans.

“Anybody with an interest in seeing Oldham Athletic survive and move forward is encouraged to go along – not just football supporters but anyone with an interest in regenerating the town.” "

We better hope and pray that there are no bats because i'm certain that as a protected species we wouldnt be able to move them. I listened to a guy on the radio telling how bats had taken over his house because he wasnt allowed to move them due to their protected species status. The weight of the droppings brought the ceiling down and they took over the first floor. He finished up living in the downstairs of his own house, beiing attacked by the bats every time he went outside! Guy was in tears.......

Might be an idea to send a few 'volunteers' in to get rid of anything that may be 'protected' just to make sure they dont screw up our stadium plans!!!!

We better hope and pray that there are no bats because i'm certain that as a protected species we wouldnt be able to move them. I listened to a guy on the radio telling how bats had taken over his house because he wasnt allowed to move them due to their protected species status. The weight of the droppings brought the ceiling down and they took over the first floor. He finished up living in the downstairs of his own house, beiing attacked by the bats every time he went outside! Guy was in tears.......

Might be an idea to send a few 'volunteers' in to get rid of anything that may be 'protected' just to make sure they dont screw up our stadium plans!!!!

Isnt it prison if you kill a bat ? :behead:

Edited by oafc0000

Guest sheridans_world

Just a note guys, if the highways agency have not submitted their recomendations, this will be deferred till next month, i'm hoping the Chron will have something on it when it is published online later.

The planners are not giving much away this morning, wont inform my contact of what is happening.

Just a note guys, if the highways agency have not submitted their recomendations, this will be deferred till next month, i'm hoping the Chron will have something on it when it is published online later.

The planners are not giving much away this morning, wont inform my contact of what is happening.

Am I right in thinking they wont annouce anything before the meeting.... Wont it be a case of the meeting starting, someone saying "have we got the report?" , "no", "meeting deferred till next month ?" and then they move onto the next topic on the agenda ?

Edited by oafc0000

Am I right in thinking they wont annouce anything before the meeting.... Wont it be a case of the meeting starting, someone saying "have we got the report?" , "no", "meeting deferred till next month ?" and then they move onto the next topic on the agenda ?

yes, they feel important that way

Guest sheridans_world

Yes :censored: innit

Edited by sheridans_world

Guest sheridans_world
Spot on. A commitee mentality. Not considering anyone who might be attending. Power tripping....

Its not as if someone from the highways will suddenly turn up with a report at 4.45pm. The documents need copying for the meeting they know now IF the item will be on or off for discussion.

Yep, the fact that there could be quite a few people there because of the scale of the decision they are making yet wont make an annoucement is stupid, as i said earlier, i hope the chron have something on it, only needs a sentence.

Yep, the fact that there could be quite a few people there because of the scale of the decision they are making yet wont make an annoucement is stupid, as i said earlier, i hope the chron have something on it, only needs a sentence.

hmmm...i was going to rush....and i mean RUSH (otherwise I wouldnt make it) from work for the meeting....im not bothering now....its almost a certainy this is going to happen and it wont be worth the effort if its just defered....

It will be very interesting to know which way Councillor Bashworth conducts himself

on this issue ...

At the Planning Committee meeting last night, Councillor Bashforth (Chairman) declared a personal interest in both BP applications, stating that he had been involved in meetings with the residents and the Club, which he referred to as "Latics" rater than OAFC. He neither vacated the Chair, nor abstained from the discussion of the Highways Agency's Directive or the voting on the deferral of both applications.