Planning Officer's Recommendations on Planning Applications for Redevopment of BP

After many false dawns, I'm glad to be able to announce that I’ve looked at the Agenda for the Planning Committee Meeting and it’s great news! :chubb:

The links below set out the full details:

Planning Application for redevelopment of NSM Stand to become new Main Stand:

http://decision.oldham.gov.uk/DET07100056.pdf

The Planning Officer RECOMMENDS that planning permission be GRANTED, subject to 18 conditions. :applause1:

Outline Planning Application for the remainder of the redevelopment proposals:

http://decision.oldham.gov.uk/DET07100057.pdf

The Planning Officer RECOMMENDS that planning permission be GRANTED, subject to 20 conditions. :applause1:

The Members of the Planning Committee who have to consider the Planning Officer’s recommendations are:

Councillors Bashforth, Blyth, Dawson, Hindle, J. Jones, Iqbal, Larkin, Pendlebury, Rogers, Sutcliffe and Wheeler. :gathering2:

The Planning Committee meeting takes place on 17th October at 6.00pm in the Crompton Suite at the Civic Centre, West Street, Oldham.

The Agenda for the meeting can be viewed on:

http://www.oldham.gov.uk/decision_recordin...07+18%3A00%3A00

So all that is needed now is for the majority of the Planning Committee Members to agree to the Planning Officer's Recommendations. Then provided that all the conditions are complied with, TTA should make their redvelopment dreams come true, with Latics having a rosy future off the field. :dance:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see the council have asked for at least a couple of sweeteners (maybe more I've only quickly scanned through the pdfs) ie

Latics to build changing facilities on Clayton playing fields to compensate for the loss of Little Wembley and the sports-hall to the hotel. Alternative replacement sports facilities will be provided by the council elsewhere, artificial pitches but no sports-hall.

Also they want £645K from Latics to pay for extensions to local primary schools to accommodate the kids that will be living in the new houses/flats.

Looks like TTA gave agreed to these not unreasonable requests.

Now we just have the possibility of roosting bats to worry about, well them and quite a few other things.

It will happen though :)

But is it big enough? There is no mention in the plans of making any provision for increasing the capacity in the future. Although I do remember reading in the programme at the time that the RRE stand was being planned that it would be built strong enough to allow another tier to be added if necessary in the future. Maybe they could do the same with the new S stand (present main stand)

blu

I see the council have asked for at least a couple of sweeteners (maybe more I've only quickly scanned through the pdfs) ie

Latics to build changing facilities on Clayton playing fields to compensate for the loss of Little Wembley and the sports-hall to the hotel. Alternative replacement sports facilities will be provided by the council elsewhere, artificial pitches but no sports-hall.

Also they want £645K from Latics to pay for extensions to local primary schools to accommodate the kids that will be living in the new houses/flats.

Looks like TTA gave agreed to these not unreasonable requests.

Now we just have the possibility of roosting bats to worry about, well them and quite a few other things.

It will happen though :)

But is it big enough? There is no mention in the plans of making any provision for increasing the capacity in the future. Although I do remember reading in the programme at the time that the RRE stand was being planned that it would be built strong enough to allow another tier to be added if necessary in the future. Maybe they could do the same with the new S stand (present main stand)

blu

Even if we did build the current main stand side with the chance to build a second tier on if needed, I don't think it would ever get permission as the houses behind it are so close. If we could add an extra 3000 onto the top of the RRE that would increase capacity to 19000 when the new ground is completed (16000 without that possible second tier on the RRE). I doubt we would ever need more than 19000 capacity, we just aren't a big enough club, even if we managed to get back into the Premiership I don't think we would draw many more than that down to BP.

Even if we did build the current main stand side with the chance to build a second tier on if needed, I don't think it would ever get permission as the houses behind it are so close. If we could add an extra 3000 onto the top of the RRE that would increase capacity to 19000 when the new ground is completed (16000 without that possible second tier on the RRE). I doubt we would ever need more than 19000 capacity, we just aren't a big enough club, even if we managed to get back into the Premiership I don't think we would draw many more than that down to BP.

great news if it finally happens.the council will always want sweetners,thats how they work but if there a viable option and the club gets what it wants then great.

also i remember when they rebuilt the rre,they did build it so it could be a 2 tier if needed.

but like has been said i doubt we would see it at full capacity.

plus with the egg chasers looking at building there own stadium we should be able to finally achieve a playing surface capable of free flowing fast paced passing football :p

A very good step forward. Not counting chickens just yet as officers' recommendations do not always get accepted by councillors and we can expect considerable lobbying by the anti-brigade. However, next week could see a vitally important day in the club's history - and lay the foundations for its future. And just think what fun there will be on here as every detail of the new stands are argued over!!! Blue seats or white, acoustics, uniform of turnstile attendants, etc etc.

BTW - did you see the objections from the Ramblers Association? Included one about the impact on an emergency landing site for RAF helicopters!!! What does that matter to the Ramblers!!??

A very good step forward. Not counting chickens just yet as officers' recommendations do not always get accepted by councillors and we can expect considerable lobbying by the anti-brigade. However, next week could see a vitally important day in the club's history - and lay the foundations for its future. And just think what fun there will be on here as every detail of the new stands are argued over!!! Blue seats or white, acoustics, uniform of turnstile attendants, etc etc.

BTW - did you see the objections from the Ramblers Association? Included one about the impact on an emergency landing site for RAF helicopters!!! What does that matter to the Ramblers!!??

Will be great news for the club and everyone who is conected with the club.

Did anyone read the bats comment? I didn't even know BP had bats!?!

"the north stand maybe unsuitable for roosting bats" says the greater manchester ecological unit.

Well i never, how appauled i am of the TTA and associates not to include a perch of some description to allow the bats to roost within the North Stand.

I think we should rename the new stand "Gotham City Stand", to make the bats feel at home and all that!

If we get a load of bats in it might increase the noise level at BP, those little swines can make a right racket when they get hungry, the smell of BP's finest meat and tatty is sure to get em going.

If we could add an extra 3000 onto the top of the RRE that would increase capacity to 19000 when the new ground is completed (16000 without that possible second tier on the RRE). I doubt we would ever need more than 19000 capacity, we just aren't a big enough club, even if we managed to get back into the Premiership I don't think we would draw many more than that down to BP.

The very sad truth is that the only time we would get 16,000, never mind 19,000, would be if TTA gave free admission :excl::disappointed::cry:

thanks for the links Diego - interesting stuff and what looks like great news.

The Ramblers Association need a kick up the :censored:. Does anyone have a map with the affected footpaths on them? Spoiling their quiet contemplation of the views! D'heads. Has anyone heard their advert on radio Cavell? If so, enough said. As for the emergency landing area for RAF helicopters!! WTF? I think Claytons, Latics car park and/or the pitch are more than sufficient in the unlikely event its needed. Priceless.

As for the bats, if there are indeed bats in there then surely its easy enough to stick some bat boxes or suchlike into the new structure. Not a problem.

I notice that the floodlight pylons will be going. I know its progress and welcome the new stand but I will really miss them! They've been totem poles showing the location of our beloved Boundary Park for so many years.

Hmmm, maybe I'll buy them and stick them up around my house.

I notice that the floodlight pylons will be going. I know its progress and welcome the new stand but I will really miss them! They've been totem poles showing the location of our beloved Boundary Park for so many years.

Theres going to be alot of stuff like this. To be honest, it will be quite upsetting slowly watching the old ground dissapear and the new one take shape. I know we are not moving but the place is going to look alot different in a few years time. I will miss the old place but I totally welcome with open arms the new development.

The residents claims are a little silly!

Two examples!

The residents claim the development would be an eye sore ????

How the hell will a modern stadium with a hotel, conference facilities be an eye sore ??? Compared to the crumbling stadium that is there!

Semi-rural landscape would be destroyed ???

Semi-rural ?? the only patch of grass around there is clayton fields....which isnt being touched!!!

Not a bad idea! I agree, I used to shout out loud when I saw those floodlights as you come off broadway travelling in the car with my dad and brother. They were my lighthouse, and the sign we were almost at the ground. I can see a few plaques, framed items and little trophies coming out of this like they did with the plastic pitch. At least it is another way of making money I guess. I'd buy some of it... cos I'm a mug like the rest of you. :D

This is superb news, everything is crossed.

I have a bit of a phobeia of Bats :peepwall:

Theres going to be alot of stuff like this. To be honest, it will be quite upsetting slowly watching the old ground dissapear and the new one take shape. I know we are not moving but the place is going to look alot different in a few years time. I will miss the old place but I totally welcome with open arms the new development.

The only real change to BP in recent years has been the RRE, some grounds in comparison are completely different than what they were pre-taylor report i.e Blackburn. Supporters of other clubs tell me how they like going to BP as it still has a romanticism of a bygone age, but in reality the ground needs to moved on

The very sad truth is that the only time we would get 16,000, never mind 19,000, would be if TTA gave free admission :excl::disappointed::cry:

Think they would have to do more than that - think they would actually have to pay them to watch!

... on another thought...spanking new stadium, get promoted to the championship, sign scholsey... 16k every week... nice...

Awesome news.... though thde bats thing is worrying me... I might right a letter to the chron... Black armbands at the next game in memoriam of the bats???

.. one about the impact on an emergency landing site for RAF helicopters!!! What does that matter to the Ramblers!!??

At a Latics Open Day I recall pleasure flights being given in a helicopter from 'Little Wembley' and Chris Makin was one of those who had a flight. High-flyer Chris Moore used to land there in his helicopter, but residents objected sufficiently to get it stopped. I thought then it wouldn't be long before he buzzed off!

i've watched the bats duckin' n divin' many a game in the main stand....it helps to pass the odd boring moment!!! :wink:

So have I.

I think we should rename the new stand "Gotham City Stand", to make the bats feel at home and all that!

The team could run onto the pitch to the Batman Theme:

Der, der, der, der, der, der,der, der

LATICS!

I notice that the floodlight pylons will be going. I know its progress and welcome the new stand but I will really miss them!

Sshhh! Don't tell the Ramblers, but I've seen a buzzard perch on the floodlight pylon between the RRE and the police control box during games.

Seriously, I think a new perch should be accommodated on the highest point of the redeveloped BP, because we've won each time it has appeared.

I used to shout out loud when I saw those floodlights as you come off broadway travelling in the car with my dad and brother. They were my lighthouse, and the sign we were almost at the ground. I can see a few plaques, framed items and little trophies coming out of this like they did with the plastic pitch. At least it is another way of making money I guess.

The pylons could be sold off to mobile phone mast suppliers.

To be honest, it will be quite upsetting slowly watching the old ground dissapear and the new one take shape. I know we are not moving but the place is going to look alot different in a few years time. I will miss the old place but I totally welcome with open arms the new development.

If the redeveloped BP accommodates all the suggestions to overcome perceived problems off the pitch - beer, pies, accoustics, ticket sales, etc, etc - what will people find to moan about?

Oh yes, I was forgetting in all this anticipated euphoria...................................OUR team. :wink:

Guest oa_exile
Have we sought approval from the planning officer as to who should replace Ashworths Pies?

Now your being silly , that will take years to get approved :grin:

Great news. The reports certainly have a very positive vibe going on - and the recommendations are fairly comprehensive. PMSL at the ramblers objections about the helipad and the little wembley loss - since when did you last see a set of ramblers arriving by helicopter and then breaking the thermos' out for goal posts????

Looks like I might have to start preparing to put a bid in for my first ever BP seat

Roll on next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pray:

Over on ISZ doubts are still being expressed, but in fairness they haven't read the documents.

I've pointed out that the future of Latics is in the hands of eleven councillors, only six of whom need to vote in favour of the Planning Officer's recommendations.

We're almost there, but don't uncross anything yet. In the face of overwhelming planning reasons for the applications to be approved, set out in the reports, the Council would be irresponsible to refuse planning permission, and would be likely to lose on appeal.

I'd like to thank fans of other clubs, particularly Brighton and Wrexham, for signing the petition in support of OUR Club's efforts to redevelop BP and become viable.