Ricketts Gone

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sheridans_world
a random call there mate...

any clues?

He was linked with us in January and over the summer.

Came on trial with us but Shez deemed him not fit enough at the time.

3 month loan to Walsall

>>Wtf ???<<

Can't believe this...as I'm sure many of you know from posts on here I am a big Rico fan - like it's been said never has one player polarised opinion so much at this club.

I also don't believe Shez didn't see what he brought to the team. Maybe he did think that we hoofed too much when Rico was on, after all Shez said post-Cobblers that he's not asking the players to lump it up, and that's why he was dropped on Tuesday. Rico didn't like this and has thrown hits toys out of the pram and demanded a move away.

If this is the case then it can Shez or Rico be blamed? However well Rico plays in training, if Shez thinks his presence on the pitch would only persuade the back four to lump it forward then he won't get back into the team. As Tuesday showed, he won't even be asked to come on at the end of a game when we're looking for a winner.

Michael Ricketts has played for England, he's scored goals in the Premiership. He wants to play at a higher level again (regardless of whether people on here think that he can or not). If Shez won't give him football, then he's bound to want to leave.

If the aforementioned reason is why he's gone (and I can't envisage any other scenario), then I'd be surprised if he comes back. Thanks for your service Rico, at least a few people supported you and recognused what you brought to the team.

I'm just gutted I got his name and number on my shirt now :disappointed:

The email I sent out to the OASIS network .....

"I think with the performance on Tuesday ... directly the work rate of the forwards allowing space/time for the midfielders to be on the front foot for the first time this season must be a major factor and this (through Warne) proved to be a succesful formular last year. I think Shez tried to change the formular this year but must now realise that we can't take passengers (for a better word) in any position on the field as everyone else will suffer. It didn't take long for teams to realise that they can double mark Davies out of the game, this was usually done by leaving Ricketts free and the simple fact that our midfielders were not moving forward in numbers.

On Tuesday I lost counts of the times a midfielder popped up and took up the CF postion at the heart of the oppo defence after the forwards had ran the CH out wide.

I like the guy in terms of his ability on the ball but I have only seem him once running hard pressuring the oppo keeper / defenders when they are on the ball, this was in the second half on Sat when he ran down the defender into the corner.

Size is an issue with Wolfie, but only in terms of being the leader of the line which he as been asked to do recently which any player of his size is always going to get knocked off the ball by big CH, Smalley looked like he'd played a couple of seasons at this level Tuesday, Alex ... much the same style player as Smalley and a great header of the ball.

Not forgetting Hughes / Davies.

Opens up money to keep Hazell ...... with the performance of Trottman and Stam back would seems a little extravagant to keep him, but a injuries / suspensions in this position recently more the merrier."

Guest oa_exile

>>Quit Brann<<

Robbie Winters Wants Back To Scotland

Nov 1 2007

ROBBIE WINTERS is homesick in Norway and plans a return to the SPL. He will quit newly-crowned Norwegian champions Brann in January.

Winters, 32, will be a free agent after five years in Norway and a possible target for former clubs Dundee United and Aberdeen plus Kilmarnock and Motherwell.

He said: "My family will probably move back to Britain in January. I am in regular talks with my agent and hope that he has found me a club before that.

"Winning the league and going into the UEFA Cup group stage is the perfect ending for me at Brann.

"I hope to say goodbye to the home supporters against Dinamo Zagreb on November 29. I've enjoyed my stay but it's time to go home."

why?

I wont boo at the game it only gets to the players and defeats the point!

ALLEGEDLY I must be really stupid though because looking at all the facts in the cold light of day and adding up all the positives and negativities I can still only find one common denominator in our failings andALLEGEDLY that’s John Sheridan.

ALLEGEDLY Were just not going to agree but I think the tactics are wrong ALLEGEDLY there’s no motivation ALLEGEDLY he’s lost the dressing roomALLEGEDLY no players listen to him, ALLEGEDLY players are falling out i.e.ALLEGEDLY Rickets lamping Taylor mid week ALLEGEDLY Kilkenny not liking Davies or ALLEGEDLY being able to play with Kalala because they don’t get on the list is endless.

ALLEGEDLY I seem to be banging my head against the wall but if you knew the facts and weighed them up you would formulate the same opinion as myself, but at the end of the day that’s not what I want, I just want improvement and I am here to gauge opinions not to go on a crusade.

Guest sheridans_world

I have to admit i didnt read that passage, diego. Most of Kyle's mindless wittering i ignored... the use of caps every ten seconds doesnt help either but we may have found the cause eh ?

I have to admit i didnt read that passage, diego. Most of Kyle's mindless wittering i ignored... the use of caps every ten seconds doesnt help either but we may have found the cause eh ?

The capitals were only inserted after he listened to my advice, but he did go OTT with them.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns