Stop Me If You Think That You've Heard This One Before

For those who can't be arsed clicking on the link:

More rumours from Manchester

It would appear that Manchester United legend Paul Scholes will be swapping the red half of Manchester for the somewhat bluer climbs of Oldham Athletic, in a player manager role as part of a dream team bid to turn the clubs somewhat pantomime fortunes around. Boo hiss! his boyhood heroes may be late with the wages again, but hoorah! plans afoot for a refinancing to save the show -for the show thespians, must go on.. The Latics currently sit 15th on 47 points and could do without a 10 point deduction to take them into the relegation zone so time is of the essence.

However salvation appears to be afoot to make the cash flow issues a thing of the past and to make quite a few’s dreams come true. Paul has been a fan of the Latics since the age of 9, regularly goes and sees this as his last season at Manchester United. However he plans to do more than just be a face in the crowd from next season it would appear.

Whether that will be in the engine room as well as the technical area is another matter of course.

For no good reason at all, I currently have a sneaky feeling it might happen. Always been a cynic to the idea myself, so I think I've just had a bit too much of the funny stuff tonight!

Cant see it happening, although my scum supporting mate at work told me today he has not signed a contract offered to him and he (my mate) is convinced he will play for us rather than taking a coaching role at OT. Cant see us getting rid of Dickov though and why would we? He's doing okay in a very tough job IMHO (although he has made mistakes as would be expected).

Cant see it happening, although my scum supporting mate at work told me today he has not signed a contract offered to him and he (my mate) is convinced he will play for us rather than taking a coaching role at OT. Cant see us getting rid of Dickov though and why would we? He's doing okay in a very tough job IMHO (although he has made mistakes as would be expected).

Think the offer has been their for him since January? Not sure though. Apparently he hasn't signed because he wants to start most games and think's he'll be a rotation player.. Don't know if true though..

Think the offer has been their for him since January? Not sure though. Apparently he hasn't signed because he wants to start most games and think's he'll be a rotation player.. Don't know if true though..

Yep, I think he'll have to accept that there are times when we'll need Andy Todd to mix it up a bit.

Everyone seems to forget the interview in the Telegraph, in which Scholes said:

"People automatically think I'm an Oldham fan, but I have always been United. My dad took me to a few games, but it was always really hard to get tickets for Old Trafford. He was an Oldham fan so, from the age of nine or ten, he started to take me to Boundary Park because we could get in!"

"People automatically think I'm an Oldham fan, but I have always been United. My dad took me to a few games, but it was always really hard to get tickets for Old Trafford. He was an Oldham fan so, from the age of nine or ten, he started to take me to Boundary Park because we could get in!"

sssh !

Let Latics dream , I mean there is so much doom and gloom on here why not be positive !

You can't argue with direct quotes.

But I've often though that was a dampening of expectations, and Oldham are his dsecond team, because from the age of about 14 he would have had not such problems getting in!

How many Latics games did he choose to go to since the age of 14?

Or did he do the same and take his kids like he did. Fair play if he did, it would be totally natural for his kids to support United.

Edited by singe

My dad's mate met him and asked him whether he would go to Latics. He replied that he wouldn't because he would have the poo kicked out of him in League 1. Wimp :wink:

Funnily enough he was there to turn the gas off to his house as his wife forgot to pay the bill ha ha.

As for the telegraph quote, I think that it might be just a way to stop people asking him questions about it.

don't need scholes when we have these young up and coming talents in the team:

Furman: Likely to captain South Africa in the next world cup.

Stephens: Def one for the future. Thats why we payed so much for him.

Lowe: Future prem star

Also got Jones in reserve!

don't need scholes when we have these young up and coming talents in the team:

Furman: Likely to captain South Africa in the next world cup.

Stephens: Def one for the future. Thats why we payed so much for him.

Lowe: Future prem star

Also got Jones in reserve!

:lol: