Media Coverage of the Protest

I've uploaded some photos from today. They vary in quality but many were taken with my son on my shoulders so they're not too bad considering.

Can you spot yourself?

Link

Video clips to follow shortly

I would just like to say a massive Well Done to everyone who got the ball rolling on this, those who helped in any way, those who produced those fantastic banners and all those who attended. There were around sixty five hours from the end of the planning meeting to the start of the march. To get such a turnout shows the strength of feeling behind the club.

It' s been an emotional week. I'm extremely proud to be a Latics fan today.

Keep on Keeping On, Until the Fight is Won

Keep the Faith

Edited by oafc_ok

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I filmed the speeches at half time today. Unfortunately my camera only does a minute at a time so there are gaps but it is worth watching, particularly for those who couldn't make it.

Clips from the march to follow

There were around sixty five hours from the end of the planning meeting to the start of the march. To get such a turnout shows the strength of feeling behind the club.

Keep the Faith

Spot on....and well done to all those who sorted it out etc. Regarding the 65hrs from that meeting to the march...TBH, if we had no home game today, I really don't think we would've had a bigger turnout out with longer to plan.....maybe strange to say that, but I just think that the raw emotion and disbelief fuelled that size turnout today. And of course, the efforts of letting the media by all on here and elsewhere, but I just get that feeling that some of the anger and upset wouldn't have been the same had we had another week before being able to March....really do think it was good timing to have the Vale game.....esp as it lifted the attendance too on a notoriously stale low-attended home game.

A roaring success....until the lads in blue turned up....oh well, what I often say about away days applies to this home day today...the football is peripheral to the whole day sometimes.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Guest oa_exile

:applause1: Great turn out yesterday ! :imnotworthy:

Please could everyone post on here all the Media Coverage that has gone out since yesterdays march :bluearmy:

Also any pictures and videos from the Fans.

Cheers Everyone

Exile

:comeon:

Guest oa_exile
I've uploaded some photos from today. They vary in quality but many were taken with my son on my shoulders so they're not too bad considering.

Can you spot yourself?

Link

Video clips to follow shortly

I would just like to say a massive Well Done to everyone who got the ball rolling on this, those who helped in any way, those who produced those fantastic banners and all those who attended. There were around sixty five hours from the end of the planning meeting to the start of the march. To get such a turnout shows the strength of feeling behind the club.

Keep the Faith

A few short clips on YouTube, from the Vote at the Planning Meeting, the March, and the speeches at half time.

Unfortunately hampered by the limitations of my camera (a bad workman always blames his tools).

Feel free to add comments in support of the club to any of the photos.

YouTube Link

have any of the tv stations shown any coverage ?? I noticed Sky cams but not seen anything on Sky yet!

It was on Sky Sports News last night. A minute or so's coverage of the March and then a short interview with Alan Hardy. I'd expect there will be more on "The Big Weekend 2" tomorrow evening particularly bearing in mind there were no Championship games this weekend and they have an hour (well 40 minutes) to fill.

It was on Sky Sports News last night. A minute or so's coverage of the March and then a short interview with Alan Hardy. I'd expect there will be more on "The Big Weekend 2" tomorrow evening particularly bearing in mind there were no Championship games this weekend and they have an hour (well 40 minutes) to fill.

Did anyone manage to record it? Can they get it uploaded?

Great

It was on Sky Sports News last night. A minute or so's coverage of the March and then a short interview with Alan Hardy. I'd expect there will be more on "The Big Weekend 2" tomorrow evening particularly bearing in mind there were no Championship games this weekend and they have an hour (well 40 minutes) to fill

Very poor coverage

Told everyone at work to see me on Sky protesting What a waste of time Sky being there IMO

Only seen my back on the Vid from Sheepfoot lane should have took my camera i suppose

Still got plenty of other pics for lap-top at work :grin:

I know Stu Vose is working hard to get footage and photos onto the Official Site. I think as well there will be a free video on Laticsworld.

Bear in mind that today is one of Stu's few days off (and he does have a private life outside Latics) but I bet we will see something before the weekend is over.

A few short clips on YouTube, from the Vote at the Planning Meeting, the March, and the speeches at half time.

Unfortunately hampered by the limitations of my camera (a bad workman always blames his tools).

Feel free to add comments in support of the club to any of the photos.

YouTube Link

Well done! Great coverage - the unsteady hand can be explained by the fact that, not only were you carrying a rucksack, but also a four year old member of Chaddy's Gang on your shoulders.