First Transfer Completed!

My brother in law rates him, "Bob" as he is known has bee nplaying well for Dale, I am not too happy about him going as I thought he would come good for Latics. Surely we should have just let him go on loan to Dale for the rest of the season then had another look in the Summer? We don't know whether Gregan will come back this season, next season is a doubt, Stam could snap at any minute, Thompson might pull his finger out, Trotman could be sold and we are back to scrabbling round for defenders could August.

My brother in law rates him, "Bob" as he is known has bee nplaying well for Dale, I am not too happy about him going as I thought he would come good for Latics. Surely we should have just let him go on loan to Dale for the rest of the season then had another look in the Summer? We don't know whether Gregan will come back this season, next season is a doubt, Stam could snap at any minute, Thompson might pull his finger out, Trotman could be sold and we are back to scrabbling round for defenders could August.

...and Crossley could retire, Pogs go back to Australia, Eardley get bought, Kalala could throw a strop and quit football, Ricketts complete his move, Allott could take offence at a 'Ratboy' comment and go back to Chesterfield, Hughes could break his parole and go back to jail, Davies could move to Fulham, Lomax could be released, Hazell could move to MK Dons, Gary Mac could move back to Scotland, Wolfy, Kelly, Bell, Black and Chalmers move to Rochdale, Taylor to Leeds, Pearson to Farsley, Alesandra to Everton, and Liddell retires. Then we're left with NO ONE.

OH.

MY.

GOD.

...and Crossley could retire, Pogs go back to Australia, Eardley get bought, Kalala could throw a strop and quit football, Ricketts complete his move, Allott could take offence at a 'Ratboy' comment and go back to Chesterfield, Hughes could break his parole and go back to jail, Davies could move to Fulham, Lomax could be released, Hazell could move to MK Dons, Gary Mac could move back to Scotland, Wolfy, Kelly, Bell, Black and Chalmers move to Rochdale, Taylor to Leeds, Pearson to Farsley, Alesandra to Everton, and Liddell retires. Then we're left with NO ONE.

OH.

MY.

GOD.

:lol:

QUOTE(beag_teeets @ Jan 4 2008, 11:17 AM)

OH.

MY.

GOD.

And if my Auntie had balls she'd be my uncle............

He's done well at Dale by all accounts. Slotted in at left back on New years day as well. Suprised he's gone there permanantly, more so because Keith Hill said he couldnt afford to sign anyone in Dales rag just the other day.

Rochdale = Biffo's feeder club! :lol::grin:

He's done well at Dale by all accounts. Slotted in at left back on New years day as well. Suprised he's gone there permanantly, more so because Keith Hill said he couldnt afford to sign anyone in Dales rag just the other day.

Rochdale = Biffo's feeder club! :lol::grin:

hmmmm left-back? Anyone know a club desperately short on the left-hand side?

Heard they were trying to sort this out a while ago Dale. Hill rates him highly whereas Shez does not and never really has done. Also got a bit of an attitude problem (believe me, he used to go to my school!!!). Same with Higginbotham, playing really well for Dale, only reason got rid was due to attitude as he is just as good as Smalley and Lewis.

:rant.sml:

Mark my words, I have seen the goat entrails this morning and the soothsayer in me says this is a bad move. We should have left him on loan and if he does well we either get a ready made, experienced centre back or we would get his full transfer fee rather than a percentage of a sell on. He was the captain of our very successful youth sides, is a big lad and has the makings of a decent prospect.

We have Chalmers in our current youth set up and I think there is another young centre back whose name escapes me but as our current injury/suspension/ end of loan spell shows there could come a time this season when we have to call on our yoofs to do a mans job in the first team. We have all seen how well Trotman has done after his loan spells and I know my post was a bit negative but this football is a funny old game.

Greegs could well have played his last game for the club, Eardley + Trotman could go and Stam's injury record is well known. We could start next season with a back 4 of Black, Chalmers, Hazel, Thompson. For me, letting a good prospect go for nowt is not good business sense. If Dale wanted him so badly they should have paid or we retain him and loan him back out if he isn't in with an immediate sniff of the first team.

Shez clearly dosent think he is good enough to play at our level.....

Does look like it with him going. I didn't know about the "attitude" problem detailed above either but there aren't many young footballers who don't have an "attitude", part and parcel of the game these days sadly.

I know I am flogging this dead horse but other people have been saying we should send Smalley and Wolfie out on loan to places just like Dale to give them experience and toughen then up. Just seems odd to me that when we have done this with a player that has done very well by all accounts we once again become Dale's feeder club. Lomax did ok at Dale too but has disappeared in to the twillight zone, unless Alan Hardy has eaten him as the hospital was short on babies on the run up to Christmas?

It is also frustrating that Dale have done exactly what we should be doing with Utd, City, Noblot..etc..etc.. by picking up our cast offs for nowt.

Does look like it with him going. I didn't know about the "attitude" problem detailed above either but there aren't many young footballers who don't have an "attitude", part and parcel of the game these days sadly.

I know I am flogging this dead horse but other people have been saying we should send Smalley and Wolfie out on loan to places just like Dale to give them experience and toughen then up. Just seems odd to me that when we have done this with a player that has done very well by all accounts we once again become Dale's feeder club. Lomax did ok at Dale too but has disappeared in to the twillight zone, unless Alan Hardy has eaten him as the hospital was short on babies on the run up to Christmas?

It is also frustrating that Dale have done exactly what we should be doing with Utd, City, Noblot..etc..etc.. by picking up our cast offs for nowt.

I remember when Lomax went people where saying it was a mistake....it always gets said this stuff....but what do they achieve ?? It usally works out to be the right move...

I would be surprised to see him play again this season. I would be even more surprised to see him complete next season on the pitch, he isn't a spring chicken.

Yeah, I know. I just don't see us paying him off. I think he will return and still be in the squad next season.

We won't pay him off but we might have to fit an extra wide seat in the dugout area to accomodate the wide butt cheeks.

If they could also fit one in the upper lookers near to the away end I could make good use of it too. :popcorn2: :popcorn2: :popcorn2: :pizza: :pizza: :popcorn2: :shakeit: