Micah Richards

I know this is covering old ground but Micah Richards still ain't signed a new contract at City.

The NOW says his agent ( Dad ) has advised him to turn down 50K a week and has asked for 75K.

Apparently this would break City's pay structure.

Three premier clubs are watching with interest.

Could be a windfall on the way!!!

I know this is covering old ground but Micah Richards still ain't signed a new contract at City.

The NOW says his agent ( Dad ) has advised him to turn down 50K a week and has asked for 75K.

if anelka is worth 15 million then richards should go for nothing less.

Well I hope you're right cause that is 4million plus for latics.

If we get that amount (or more) then what impact will it have on this club?

Would the owners use all of it to wipe out the whole debt or provide some of it for players?

I was just wondering that it we didn't have a debt then would our annual income - ST income, advertising revenue, concessions - cover our current wage bill?

Do you think we're near our limit, overspending or have some scope if we weren't burdened with this £40k a month (or whatever it is now) debt?

Would the owners use all of it to wipe out the whole debt or provide some of it for players?

I was just wondering that it we didn't have a debt then would our annual income - ST income, advertising revenue, concessions - cover our current wage bill?

Do you think we're near our limit, overspending or have some scope if we weren't burdened with this £40k a month (or whatever it is now) debt?

Whatever we get and however it is spent, some people on this board will complain and tell everyone how they know better.

That would be a dream come true if he was to move. With 4 million quid, we'd finally be able to buy that new scoreboard.

i think ferdinand went for 30 ,illion,but that was then,fees are nothing like that anymore.

plus if he decides citys offer isnt good enough he can just see out his present contract and move for nothing.

again kicking us in the teeth.

i would think city would offer him a substantial package for signing,but i dont think they would allow him to leave for no fee,but i may be wrong.

i think he will eventually go for 20 million.anelka is a striker and decent strikers are like gold dust,hence torres costing 28 million.

Richards has another 2 years left on contract after the end of this season. As city have offererd £50k pw (apparently), I'd guess he's currently on less than £30k. He'd lose £2.5m over the lenght of his contract by staying where he is, by refusing to sign a £50k deal, and if he could get £75k from somewhere else, he'd lose nearly £6m in total by not moving.

Equally, to city, if they could get £16m for him, of which we'd get £3.2m, rather then paying him £75k a week, the next 2.5 years would save/gain them £22.5m.

That would allow them to bring in a free transfer or two and pay them £173k per week between them over the same period!

It makes sense for city to sell him then!!

Richards has another 2 years left on contract after the end of this season. As city have offererd £50k pw (apparently), I'd guess he's currently on less than £30k. He'd lose £2.5m over the lenght of his contract by staying where he is, by refusing to sign a £50k deal, and if he could get £75k from somewhere else, he'd lose nearly £6m in total by not moving.

Equally, to city, if they could get £16m for him, of which we'd get £3.2m, rather then paying him £75k a week, the next 2.5 years would save/gain them £22.5m.

That would allow them to bring in a free transfer or two and pay them £173k per week between them over the same period!

It makes sense for city to sell him then!!

oh its ever so simple when you put it like that lol

He's not signing anything while with his current agent as his agent gets a cut. He's waiting until his contract expires with his agent and then making his dad his agent saving a shed load of dosh.

Here's the scenario. Let's his contract run down and then moves to Real Madrdi unde teh Porter/Motherweel rule meaning that neither us nor City get a bean......

Do you need a top up?

Your glass seems to be half empty my friend.

:grin:

Kinda puts our likkle club in perspective, doesn't it? We lose more per month than he earns per week - all for kicking a pigskin full of air.

(Me, jealous, of course not, no, cough) The world of footie at the top has gone mad. Just hope he signs somewhere for a gazillion quid!

As far as I'm aware, we don't actually have any debt. As it stands, I think the club is costing £75k a month out of TTA'a pockets.