HUGHES BOOKED

I have just read that ex Crewe striker Steve Jones is available from Burnley, now that could sort the problem

Interesting one... anyone notice he is actually from Oldham - started his playing days with Chaddy FC!!! Not exactly the big target man we are looking for though!

Gool ol' Oldham lad

I like this though... solve our wing probalems??

A pacy forward, Jones can also play on either wing and his versatility was a useful asset to manager Dario Gradi's squad. He has won a number of Northern Ireland caps, having scored his first goal against St. Kitts and Nevis in 2004.

Prob on about £10k a week though...

Edited by BigfinLatic

Just too add... just noticed Chris Brandon will be suspended for them..... this is bloomin great news, as since getting himself back in the side recently, he has been by far thier best and most creative player..... thought with our lack of creativity at the mo he could have had a field day, but this should level the game a little....

Think its gonna be a battle!!!

Just thinking, if Shez plumps for Lewis (as I hope he will do) then Hughesy's suspension could be a good thing in the long run. A good game from the young lad will keep Davies on his toes...there can't be many teams in this league in which a forward hasn't scored in eleven (?) games and doesn't look remotely like losing his place in the side.

Guest oa_exile
I have just read that ex Crewe striker Steve Jones is available from Burnley, now that could sort the problem

If i remember rightly he is a local lad ?

If i remember rightly he is a local lad ?

Used to know Jonesy very well, we used to work for the same company. He stayed there until he was 18 when Blackpool spotted him at Chaddy and offered him terms. He stayed there a year or so but didn't make it and went to Bury briefly before moving back to Northern Ireland. He was born there and moved over here when he was a kid as his dad was a Police Inspector wth GMP and he lived in Failsworth for years. We were after him when he played for Leigh around 2001 but couldn't afford the small fee they wanted and we didn't pay signing on fees at the time either so he went to Crewe. I hadn't een him for years and I bumped into him on a holiday camp in Skegness with his wife and child in '02, at the time he was down as he'd been at Crewe a year they'd been relegated from the Championship and he'd only been used sparingly as an occasional sub by Gradi. He was sure he would be released. A couple of weeks later he text me to say they'd offered him another two years and in October that year he scored his firtst two league goals vs QPR at Gresty Road he hasn't looked back since. He's a good lad and down to earth and no doubt he'd be a useful addition as he can play on the left and upfront, he has pace to burn too BUT he is not the target man we are lacking.

Unfortunately I Haven't spoke to him since he got Fitz Hall sent off in Jan' 03!!!

Tranmere's Ian Goodison appeal...."Result: Claim for wrongful dismissal rejected - 3 match suspension + additional 1 match suspension as claim was considered frivolous"

They don't mess about, do they? Wonder how blatant a red card has to be for an appeal to be classed as "frivolous"....lol.

The F.A. do 'mess about' when it comes to old red nose. His 'Up yours!' gesture to the Reading fans, who had been having a go at him when he had complained about the four minutes of added time (pot, kettle and black come to mind), was ruled by the F.A. as not requiring any action to be taken.

fergusonDM2001_186x250.jpg

Wonder what would have happened if they had been looking at video evidence of Shez doing that.

The F.A. still hasn't taken action against dirty Leeds for when their fans invaded the pitch during a game last season, but has also shown that it can be tough when it wants by punishing Havant and Waterlooville for being too honest, when other clubs have got away with rearranging games to avoid suspensions in the past.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...amp;ito=newsnow

What I find absolutely ludicrous about this is that the H & W player has to miss not only the Liverpool game but also the rearranged league game tonight! So the bullies at the F.A. have turned a one match suspension from getting five yellow cards into a two match suspension - the heartless barstewards!! :angry:

Edited by Diego_Sideburns