Ambition (we may have some after all)

R.O.A.M

OWTB - The Sponsor's Decision  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Should Latics sell Chris Taylor to the Lashers for £250k Plus Scott Vernon?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. As Vernon is available, would you like to see him back playing for Latics?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Including Vernon, what price should we sell at?

• £300k
    • £400k
    • £500k
    • £600k
    • £700k
    • £800k
    • £900k
    • £1m+

Why would we want Vernon back, please explain?

Because he is a good forward who will score you goals, if we have injuries or suspensions to our current front two (saturday), who have we got in reserve to come in and do the job? yes, we have young players with a lot of potential but we are getting down to the buisness end of the season and we need experience. I believe Scott would be a good signing and with him and Hughes up front and Davies on the wing i think we could destroy any defence in this division.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would we want Vernon back, please explain?

Lets start repeating things that have been said about 5 posts back for those who cant be bothered to read upwards...

have to say... the more I think about it more I would love to see scotty back... evn at the expense of Tayls... purely because of the way sheridan likes to play... if he is going to play without wingers/a system where wingers cut inside then surely Scotty would be more valuable that tayls...

However - in turn playing without wingers is no where near playing to scotty's strengths... but I think a forward three of Hughes, Scotty and davies will be formidable at this level...

have to say, the solution is simply to buy him - woudl love to see him back, I utterly cant believe that people dont rate him, as is often said people seem to watch different games sometimes... he is a big, strong forward plyer, unfairly used as makeweight for Wellens when he should ahve been a prized asset, who scores a goal every 2 games - and has good distribution... honestly, what more do you want...

It would be different if he failed here before - but I think he is the one player I would like to see back at BP more than any other... unfinished business... and, if we were linked with any other player with his record we would all be jumping for joy at the possibility of signing him...

Edited by BigfinLatic

It's fairly obvious that when Blackpool came in for Vernon, i) they saw something in him; and ii) it meant we didn't see the best of him - he was still improving.

So he's almost certainly a better player than the Vernon that left us (and he wasn't bad then).

I wouldn't be against him coming back, but I'm not bouncing at the idea, and I certainly wouldn't want him at the expense of Taylor.

Vernon's a decent forward, good for League One but perhaps not quite good enough for the Championship, and IMHO not the ideal of what we're looking for.

Edited by garcon

It's fairly obvious that when Blackpool came in for Vernon, i) they saw something in him; and ii) it meant we didn't see the best of him - he was still improving.

So he's almost certainly a better player than the Vernon that left us (and he wasn't bad then).

I wouldn't be against him coming back, but I'm not bouncing at the idea, and I certainly wouldn't want him at the expense of Taylor.

Vernon's a decent forward, good for League One but perhaps not quite good enough for the Championship, and IMHO not the ideal of what we're looking for.

Well tbh beggers can't be choosers. Who else would come to oldham at the moment who is better thn vernon?