Ambition (we may have some after all)

R.O.A.M

OWTB - The Sponsor's Decision  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Should Latics sell Chris Taylor to the Lashers for £250k Plus Scott Vernon?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. As Vernon is available, would you like to see him back playing for Latics?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Including Vernon, what price should we sell at?

• £300k
    • £400k
    • £500k
    • £600k
    • £700k
    • £800k
    • £900k
    • £1m+

Ok, ok, before you all start it is only a rumour seen as I've not spoken to the player personally but had it on exceptionally good authority we have turned a bid down for the ginger prince.

The offer came from the seaside involving £250000 and 'who put the ball in the Citeh net'

Rejected by OAFC.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With regards to ambition you're always going to get the fall out should we accept it 'we've no ambition, selling best players'

You know the type.

selling best players and bringing another old boy back, would show a total lack of ambition, tell them where to go i say.

Anybody think that forget selling taylor and just buy vernon, could be the striker were after. He knows where the net is can hold up the ball and has matured since he left us so would surely be a better player. I think hes probably one of the best options weve got wouldnt cost much neither.

Edited by youngen

Swap Taylor for Vernon? Plus £250k

Thats a damn good deal!

have to say... i'm split on this one! On side of me thinks that is a good deal... and with Shez's desire to play as narrow as possible that could fit.... and I would have Scotty back in a second...

... However the other side of me thinks that Chrissy T is the most important player in the team at the moment... he is the only person who can realistically carry the ball 50 yards and relieve some of the pressure at the moment... and a player with that ability at this level is worth his weight in Ginger... er, sorry Gold.

... on the flipside - means Scotty is available... not to get abck onto the cyclical arguement, but would love to see him back...

Guest sheridans_world

Yes i was just thinking if it was worth trying to sign Vernon, rather than doing a swap. If the seasiders are willing to offer £250k and Vernon for the ginger winger then i bet we could sign Scott for £75k

Guest oa_exile
Anybody think that forget selling taylor and just buy vernon, could be the striker were after. He knows where the net is can hold up the ball and has matured since he left us so would surely be a better player. I think hes probably one of the best options weve got wouldnt cost much neither.

Have to agree with that IF the Lashers are willing to swap then they are also willing to sell :)

Yes i was just thinking if it was worth trying to sign Vernon, rather than doing a swap. If the seasiders are willing to offer £250k and Vernon for the ginger winger then i bet we could sign Scott for £75k

ZING!

Now this is what we should be looking at. If they're willing to swap him then as you say he may be up for grabs.

*cough*

£325k for Tayls... thinking more about it now and would want at least £500k...*

... the lashers were trying to get him on the cheap methinks - No way Scotty is worth £250k!!!

*by the way - if he does go, you will be needing a new home shirt - how about a Hughes 9 one... I have another available - only £25 :wink:

Guest oa_exile
Have to agree with that IF the Lashers are willing to swap then they are also willing to sell :)

Now this is what we should be looking at. If they're willing to swap him then as you say he may be up for grabs.

Oi ! stop nicking my quotes <_<

Guest sheridans_world
*cough*

£325k for Tayls... thinking more about it now and would want at least £500k...*

... the lashers were trying to get him on the cheap methinks - No way Scotty is worth £250k!!!

*by the way - if he does go, you will be needing a new home shirt - how about a Hughes 9 one... I have another available - only £25 :wink:

I dont rate Taylor that highly. Vernon is nowhere near worth £250k. Taylor is worth no where near £500k.

Vernon isnt even warming the bench much at Blackpool, I imagine cash plus the wage off their wage bill will suit them.

I would say £250k is about right for Taylor, hence why its a good deal.

Do you have the Hughes shirt in orange? :grin:

Vernon isnt even warming the bench much at Blackpool, I imagine cash plus the wage off their wage bill will suit them.

Well he scored twice at Colchester recently.

I think Taylor adds value to our squad. He's been played out of his position for most of his career and still he's cemented a place in our team. He can also slot in at left or right back occasionally (Yep, not ideal but he's adequate when supported by someone like Allott) so he's pretty flexible. I'd really love to see him get an extended run in his natural position, which may be what Shez is thinking next season when he's found a remedy to our lack of left sided players.

I wouldn't get rid of him just yet unless the offer was too good to turn down. £250k + Verndog is still about £150k short at least IMO.

can i ask , why people want vernon back?

he was not great the last time he was here.

he was not a regular at blackpool last season thay had better strikers that got them up.

he has barley played this season

he is not good enough for blackpool

do people think it is ambition to sign a player back who is not good enough for a team who where one of our main rivals?

he is a big man yes but what else?

it is working with allott but do you think every player that comes back will be better?

im sorry but i cant understand the it, we are now a forward looking club, with a forward looking board!

why are so many of you fans looking back to an unsuccessful period for players?

i dont get it, can someone please expalin it to me.

i appreciate what he did when he was here, the goal against city, he will always be remembered for that, but he will be remembered for being mediocre at best

sorry to rant! :)

can i ask , why people want vernon back?

Because we need a striker who can hold the ball up. Desperately.

he was not great the last time he was here.

A goal every two games. Try and find a better ratio for next to nothing in this division.

he was not a regular at blackpool last season thay had better strikers that got them up.

he has barley played this season

You could argue that without Vendog's input off the bench they'd have been just short of reaching the play offs. He's been coming off the bench this season, in a division above and chipping in with a goal or two.

he is not good enough for blackpool

But they are in a division above. And they didn't get rid of him in the summer.

he is a big man yes but what else?

He's older and wiser than the raw version we had when he was scoring that 1:2 ratio I talked about earlier. he's not particularly injury prone and he will add an aerial threat on set pieces which we've been sickeningly short of all season.

it is working with allott but do you think every player that comes back will be better?

No. But it's a myth to say ex players never do well. Aside from players we got back 10+ years after we sold them we've not done so bad.

im sorry but i cant understand the it, we are now a forward looking club, with a forward looking board!

why are so many of you fans looking back to an unsuccessful period for players?

i dont get it, can someone please expalin it to me.

It'd be like showing a dog a card trick I fear.