Good Reception For Stitch guaranteed.

A good reception for Stitch will be guaranteed on Saturday. The best time is before the game and then from then onwards he's one of THEM. If the 'Andy Ritchie's magic' song is to be sung, can we please include the second verse:

Andy Ritchie's magic, he wears a magic hat

He plays for Oldham Athletic

He's such a lovely chap

He scores goals with his left foot

He scores goals with his right

And when we play Man City

He'll score all feckin' night!

Some may not know that Stitch's Assistant John Dungworth played for Latics from 1975 to 1977 as a forward. Garth Dykes' 'Oldham Athletic Complete Record 1899-1988' book tells me that he was signed from Barnsley and only made two appearances and two as a sub. He spent the tail-end of the 1976-77 season on loan at Rochdale before being released on a free transfer. He then went to Aldershot where his career took off, and he scored 58 goals in 105 appearances in two years. He scored 26 goals in the 1978-79 season. Shrewsbury then paid £100,000 for him.

A good reception for Stitch will be guaranteed on Saturday. The best time is before the game and then from then onwards he's one of THEM. If the 'Andy Ritchie's magic' song is to be sung, can we please include the second verse:

He's such a lovely chap

Some may not know that Stitch's Assistant John Dungworth played for Latics from 1975 to 1977 as a forward. Garth Dykes' 'Oldham Athletic Complete Record 1899-1988' book tells me that he was signed from Barnsley and only made two appearances and two as a sub. He spent the tail-end of the 1976-77 season on loan at Rochdale before being released on a free transfer. He then went to Aldershot where his career took off, and he scored 58 goals in 105 appearances in two years. He scored 26 goals in the 1978-79 season. Shrewsbury then paid £100,000 for him.

Remember last time Ritchie was at Boundary Park with Barnsley.... they scored the winner and there striker procceded to give the chaddy the big up yours....nice...

He's such a lovely chap

Best time will be after the game, not before it,

Don't agree. If we've won Stitch will be forgotten in the euphoria. If we've lost nobody will feel like praising Stitch. If it's a draw the feeling could be either disappointment or relief - either way Stitch will be forgotten.

Whilst I understand the feeling towards Andy, i really think that the fans should start showing some support for our own team before they go chanting the Oppo's Manager.

Don't agree. If we've won Stitch will be forgotten in the euphoria. If we've lost nobody will feel like praising Stitch. If it's a draw the feeling could be either disappointment or relief - either way Stitch will be forgotten.

'Stitch' will never be forgotten by me, whatever the result.

ANDY, ANDY RITCHIE

:chubb:

Whilst I understand the feeling towards Andy, i really think that the fans should start showing some support for our own team before they go chanting the Oppo's Manager.

I know what you mean, but we can do both. It sickened me when his name was chanted at Barnsley when we were 3-0 down.

Can you imagine how Shez feels when chants of Andy Andy Ritchie ring out when he is the Manager HERE ???

Love stitch to pieces but while He's not at the club as Staff I will remember his good times and sing for the CURRENT GOOD times !

Shez must be backed at the moment.. he must be feeling like poo at the moment with the week he;s had behind the scenes trying to keep and look for new players on top of his normal work!

Can you imagine how Shez feels when chants of Andy Andy Ritchie ring out when he is the Manager HERE ???

Love stitch to pieces but while He's not at the club as Staff I will remember his good times and sing for the CURRENT GOOD times !

Shez must be backed at the moment.. he must be feeling like poo at the moment with the week he;s had behind the scenes trying to keep and look for new players on top of his normal work!

Hell's bells you're taking this too seriously! It's simple - acknowledge Stitch as the legend who gave us Shez, and then chant Shez's name to the rafters! Blimey, what could be more inspiring than that?

Then get behind the team throughout the game no matter what happens. :OWTB1::comeon:

Hell's bells you're taking this too seriously! It's simple - acknowledge Stitch as the legend who gave us Shez, and then chant Shez's name to the rafters! Blimey, what could be more inspiring than that?

Then get behind the team throughout the game no matter what happens. :OWTB1::comeon:

Exactly!!! Shez totally understands what Stitch acheived here.... It can only serve to motivate him...