Trotman bid confirmed

Wel that's what I was told by a director of the club. Whether he's got it wrong I don't know.

If my memory serves me rightly Wardle Latic was also present when this occured. If it turns out to be duff information does he owe us both a drink Richard? :D

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You won't find a bigger Trotman fan than me, the lad's immense! Spotted him in the Youth Cup Final at Turf Moor a few years back and he was head and shoulders above the rest so have kept an eye on him since. A giant who won't shirk out of anything.

BUT

He's an unproven kid, only played a handful of games in the 3rd division, and he cost us nowt. A combined bid of £500k? We'd be absolutely crackers not to sell. Remember the days of McNiven and Holt being linked with Liverpool and Celtic? In more recent times we held out for Porter, the best part of £1m, then he walked for nothing.

When was the last time we recouped over £300k for a player? I honestly can't remember.

Football is a business and no one understands that more than TTA. If he wants to stay and we sign him on a long term deal then great. But if he fancies the move then it's a sad day for Latics on the pitch but an awesome one for us behind the scenes.

Good luck Neal, whatever happens.

E4e

GIANT

For those of us old enough to remember echoes of Mike Flynn's move to top-flight Norwich in late 1988 (not that long after they'd signed Andy Linighan). Flynny Only played a handful of games for us, very dangerous at set-pieces and like trotters was as strong as an ox.

I remember Mike Flynn, Trotman is a far better player, and on that assumption will go much higher.

Don't sell him.

Edited by BP1960

I remember Mike Flynn, Trotman is a far better player, and on that assumption will go much higher.

Don't sell him.

I'm not sure how much control we really have to sell him or not. The lad probably knows he's good enough to step up and knows theres a host of championship clubs after him.

Even if we offer him a contract, is he likely to sign?? Not if he's ambitious.

Cannot fault the club for selling or the lad for going if he does. If he hangs on till the end of the season, we'd be lucky to get £150k off a tribunal!