Trotman bid confirmed

By Hardy on BBC website. No agreement yet.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...tic/7214946.stm

Argyle bid for Oldham's Trotman

Oldham Athletic have confirmed they have received an undisclosed offer from Championship side Plymouth Argyle for defender Neal Trotman.

Latics chief executive Alan Hardy revealed to BBC Radio Manchester the Devon club had made an approach but no fee had been agreed.

Newspaper reports claimed Argyle had offered £350,000 for the 20-year-old.

The Pilgrims broke their club transfer record by signing Cardiff striker Steve MacLean earlier this month.

Edited by oa_exile
Link added

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This should be interesting <_<

on official site

http://www.oldhamathletic.premiumtv.co.uk/...1227590,00.html

a distinct absence of

we've told them where to go

we are not a selling club

we have no need to sell

we are trying to strengthen the team not sell our best young players

most clubs trot out one of the above if only to bump the price up.

the 'we'll keep you up to date' bit looks like a euphemism for 'we'll let you know when he's gone'

Not looking good

Edited by astottie

At the end of the day I suppose they’ll bid what they are prepared to pay, I can’t see us just accepting any offers without some haggling. If whatever they have bid is so low compared to his, “real,” value, surely that would alert the other clubs watching Trotters to a bargain?

OK, we want him to stay.. but Hazelle is a great replacement. And if we are only getting 4,500 crowds and losing £14k a week, hands up who wants us to enter Administration again? with the Cup Run and a wedge from Trotts that may be steadying hand we need.

Just hope that now a bid has been received, it may alert some bigger bidders.

OK, we want him to stay.. but Hazelle is a great replacement. And if we are only getting 4,500 crowds and losing £14k a week, hands up who wants us to enter Administration again? with the Cup Run and a wedge from Trotts that may be steadying hand we need.

Just hope that now a bid has been received, it may alert some bigger bidders.

Can appreciate what you're saying, but what if Hazell gets injured? Who have we got to cover him?

IF we were making positive noises about getting players in, then maybe we wouldn't be so jittery, also, centre back is not one of the areas Sheridan is looking to strengthen. At the moment, it's looking like one out, none in. Not ideal!

The little problem that Latics have is that his contract is up at the nend of the year ............ another Porter looming ?

Agreed and we need to learn from that debacle. If Trotman stays, we need to get his contract extended immediately. But maybe his head will have been turned by the attention and he may decide to try his luck come the close season.

Again, it's a slightly 'no-win' for Latics. I think he'll go.

Guest oa_exile
He couldn't go on a free though could he?

No but better to thrash out the deal now as go to a Tribunal in the summer "IF" he wants a move or as i posted earlier the Porter scenario.....or get him to sign a new contract now !

The Irony is that it is Argyle again !

Agreed and we need to learn from that debacle. If Trotman stays, we need to get his contract extended immediately. But maybe his head will have been turned by the attention and he may decide to try his luck come the close season.

Again, it's a slightly 'no-win' for Latics. I think he'll go.

There is of course the possibility that Trotters doesn't actually WANT to leave. He may well be enjoying his time here and may be happy to continue to develop until either we go up/a bigger club than Plymouth come in for him. Hell, he might just not fancy being 300 miles away from his family all week.

Meanwhile I agree, if he doesn't go then we must extend his contract to cover our backs.

Why hasn't he been offered a new deal yet?

Surely the club new when he started playing well around October/November that he was out of contract at the end of the season and should have moved to tie him up for longer! I didn't want to have to change my avatar twice this month!

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

I wan't him to stay put but he may go in the summer and you have to understand the position the club is in: if we can strike a deal for trotters whereby we get a wad and possibly some loan deals or someone coming the other way, we then have 3 other options to partner stammy at CB, albeit 2 are crocked but can't be far off returning!? That's loads of central defenders and what chance do we have of selling gregan or thompson?

I wan't him to stay put but he may go in the summer and you have to understand the position the club is in: if we can strike a deal for trotters whereby we get a wad and possibly some loan deals or someone coming the other way, we then have 3 other options to partner stammy at CB, albeit 2 are crocked but can't be far off returning!? That's loads of central defenders and what chance do we have of selling gregan or thompson?

Gregan may be out for the rest of the season, Thompson hasn't exactly inspired confidence...and who else have we got to cover in the centre? We really don't need to be pressurized in any other areas of the field. We haven't even covered the areas already identified for strengthening!

Maybe money and loans are the only way.

IF.......... he wants to go then a large wad of cash and Rory Fallon would do for me.......If he wants to stay he should sign a new contract A.S.A.P

Good call, Fallon is just what we need. Big bustling forward! Just depends what cash we'd get on top. Fallon cost Plymouth 300k this time last year, a then record signing, but Blake has kept him out this year. :unsure: