• Jarrett
    • Stam
    • Hazell
    • McDonald
    • Allott
    • Allessandra
    • Smalley
    • Taylor

I think Everton picked the wrong 'next Wayne Rooney' when they took spencer!!!

He said the same himself in the programme a while back. They were equal on goals. They started catching scouts attention and as they did Lewis got injured then came back and couldn't get a goal. In six weeks Spencer had surged ahead in the goals between them and his move was sorted to Everton. Meanwhile Lewis stayed on with us.

Allott MOTM for me closely followed by everyone else.

Allesandra for me Its not very often you see a young lad come on like he did yesterday put his foot on the ball knowing he had the ability to do something with it. I thought it would be a big ask of him when he came on how he responded though! and by the end of the game the defence was running scared and the crowd were sat on the edge of their seats anticipating him to do something.

To be fair you could make a case for a number of players Jarret made an excellent debut. Allot was his usual model of consistency, Smalley who is improving all the time Macca and taylor both looked like the players back on top of their game. Thats before you mention the defence who didn't give Carlisle a sniff on goal.

Fantastic performance about time we had something to sing about at home too.

Edited by GlossopLatic

sorry Archie but he's definitely right on this one :unsure:

is there a dark room nearby you can go and lie down in? :lol:

If it was so idiotic to suggest,before the Huddersfield game,pushing Mcdonald forward to play alongside Davies in Hughes' absence then i hold my hands up!

my thinking was that Mcdonald has a greater physical presence and eye for goal than Smalley,who in my opinion is more suited to playing on the right.

If it was so idiotic to suggest,before the Huddersfield game,pushing Mcdonald forward to play alongside Davies in Hughes' absence then i hold my hands up!

my thinking was that Mcdonald has a greater physical presence and eye for goal than Smalley,who in my opinion is more suited to playing on the right.

i thought you were saying he played up front last night?

I would say Lomax what a player but l was very surpised how well Alessandra did we could have had 4 or 5 who needs a striker when you have Mcdonald :lol:

I watched Allessandra play in the pre season and was very impressed with him!

picking up a bad injury was really unfortunate for him,i guess we would have seen a lot more of him otherwise.

You are right Spadam,he gave a really lively display last night.