• Jarrett
    • Stam
    • Hazell
    • McDonald
    • Allott
    • Allessandra
    • Smalley
    • Taylor

Allott for me, despite McDonalds 2 goals.

Good debut from Jarrett.

GREAT debut from Allessandra.

Stam awesome aswell.

Jarrett just shades it a little more forward thinking than Allott and big and strong. Some very good performances all over the field.

Allot for me Alessandra and Macca close second

just got back to sunny sale..... and for once couldn't wait to get onto the boards!!

got to be Allessandra for me..

aside from the two goals it was nothing different from macca..

allot quite rightly deserves a lot of praise and i enjoyed taylors 'rampaging' runs for once...

BUT...... the young lad got thrown on pretty early on and once he got 'tuned' in with smalley he was awesome!

a lot of people have raved about him on this board and others, and he firmly rose to the challenge tonight for me..

carlisle simply had no idea how to cope with him, and IMO he created the confusion amongst them to allow us to make the breaks and consequently the goals..

yet another quiet game for the keeper too..... now who wishes that team would of played on sat'day???

footnote.... seems like chaddy's kit had shrunk in the wash again.... not a certain bearded fellow filling in/it ???

Jarret just he was excellent strong rarely wasted a pass and did some damage further forward

Thought Allot was solid but no more

Smally was excellent as was Alessandra

Taylor was good at times

Hard to ignore Maccas two goals even tho he didnt do too much else

Lomax was steady as was Stam

I gave it to Jarret - just

aside from the two goals it was nothing different from macca..

turned to the chaps near me at ht and said you know there will be some tonight on owtb who still say Macca was hiding.

just loveyou guys,he's crap.

Edited by astottie

Allott was awesome again.....player of the season so far. But I so want to give it McD though! The space our FB's pushing up gave through the middle (as their lads came out of position) was superbly exploited tonight for McD. And at times, he even looked like KK with the ball at his feet, passing it about a bit. Something I've been critical of as I've said before, he doesn't do it enough when other things aren't working for him. Tonight, he showed his whole game. Really struggling to make my mind up on the MOTM!

I thought there were many excellent performances throughout the team tonight particularly Alessandra and Smalley up front and Allott, McDonald and Jarrett in the midfield.

I've given my MoM to Chris Taylor who I thought had an outstanding game, running at defenders and scaring them half to death, everytime he got the ball he had to have two men trying to close him down.

I also thought he was very unlucky not to get on the scoresheet tonight and I hope he silenced one or two of his critics in the process.

Well done Chris, great game.

I thought there were many excellent performances throughout the team tonight particularly Alessandra and Smalley up front and Allott, McDonald and Jarrett in the midfield.

I've given my MoM to Chris Taylor who I thought had an outstanding game, running at defenders and scaring them half to death, everytime he got the ball he had to have two men trying to close him down.

I also thought he was very unlucky not to get on the scoresheet tonight and I hope he silenced one or two of his critics in the process.

Well done Chris, great game.

Where i agree Taylors performance was much much better than has been recently, i still think there is a lot more to come from the lad. Understandably his quick development has brought extra attention from clubs when they play us and he usually has 2 men marking him. However, Chris really needs to toughen up a lil imo, get those battling tackles in win possession and break. He did it once in the first half and we were nearly rewarded a goal.

I was very impressed with Jarrett he did the simple things well spreaded the play and created space for us. No disrespect to Wolfy as i havent seen THAT much of the lad only 10 mins here and there but how he is above Allessandra baffles me, this lad looked like a loan signing from a premiership club. You dont get quick feet and a great footballing brain like that at our level these days. I think Everton picked the wrong 'next Wayne Rooney' when they took spencer!!! Allessandra looked strong, confident, held the ball up well, was brilliant at bringing the midfield into play. And i think it even brought confidence to Smalley playing along his ex team mate as IMO that was also his best game i have seen him play.

Allott was awesome again.....player of the season so far. But I so want to give it McD though! The space our FB's pushing up gave through the middle (as their lads came out of position) was superbly exploited tonight for McD. And at times, he even looked like KK with the ball at his feet, passing it about a bit. Something I've been critical of as I've said before, he doesn't do it enough when other things aren't working for him. Tonight, he showed his whole game. Really struggling to make my mind up on the MOTM!

Go on,give it to Mcdonald! even though you would rather knock him (and most posters you come into contact with) at every opportunity.Maybe he should have played up front before!!! (remember?)

Maybe you are not the football genius that you would have us all believe :lol:

Hard to choose one but would just give it Stam as he won EVERYTHING despite looking injured for most of the match!

Crossley - 8 did everything asked of him, Eardley - 7 had a great first half not so good in second, Lomax 9 - faultless good going forward, great in the tackle, Stam - 10 won everything, Hazell - 9 - won mostly everything, Taylor - 8 worked tirelessly caused them lots of trouble, Smalley - 8 worked his socks off and confidence really seems to be growing, Jarrett - 9 - what a debut, controlled the midfield totally, always seemed to have time on the ball, MacDonald - 9 - two great strikes, proving to be invaluable, Alessandra - 8 - caused their defence loads of bother with his tricks and his non stop running and battling, Allot - 9 another majestic midfield performance - silencing them doubters now with consistent displays

Crowd - poor turnout, great atmos as is iften the case - well done boys, that was stunning!

Allott for me, surely he must have proved his doubters wrong now.

I think he has. Mr. Consistancy now. He's played well for nearly 2 months and is probably one of the first on Shez's team sheet these days.

But he's pipped to the post by Alessandra. He gave us fresh impetus and ideas, and slotted in the team like a duck to water. The ball just stuck to his foot and not like it was spring loaded. It was refreshing, pleasing and exciting to see and scared the life out of their defence who were constantly on the back foot.

I've gone for Mark Allott. I thought Mark shaded it with his none stop work rate, linking up play, rarely putting a pass a stray and tackling all night. I'll hold my hand up and thought when he was brought back (with a fee!) I felt it was a bad move by Shez. Early season form along with Kalala seemed to back my judgement. However since Mark forced his way back into the side after being dropped he has been one of the few who constantly performed. Well done Mark and didn't his reaction at the end of the match last night show what it meant?.

I've gone for Mark Allott. I thought Mark shaded it with his none stop work rate, linking up play, rarely putting a pass a stray and tackling all night. I'll hold my hand up and thought when he was brought back (with a fee!) I felt it was a bad move by Shez. Early season form along with Kalala seemed to back my judgement. However since Mark forced his way back into the side after being dropped he has been one of the few who constantly performed. Well done Mark and didn't his reaction at the end of the match last night show what it meant?.

Ive voted for allott. Rarely wasted a ball and ran all over for 90 mins.

The thought of being wrong eh BB?

too hard to stomach?

You really are a beauty....

Are you on crack or something? McD has never and never will be....ever.....played as a striker! He scored 2 goals last night from midfield......and he will score many more from midfield in future. I suggest you get down to BP a bit more and see some games lad, if you think you're somehow right that McD is a striker waiting to happen. Must be strong stuff you're on!

Anyway...carry on post-hijacking with this fantasy idea if you wish :grin:

Edited by boundaryblue80

i dont like to single players out but lomax came back in and did a great job, ruuuuuuuuuuuuuubes and stam won everything, jj came in blind and had a blinder, allott made everything possible must have ran 10 miles last night, deano and taylor were strong on the wings running at men and tracking back winning the ball, young lewis came on in difficult circumstances and was brilliant. macca was box to box and obviously got his two gols and eards and norm did all that was asked at the back and didnt eards get an assist? also chaddy was brilliant but other than that im not going to single anyone out.