Allesandra's hold up play

You are right and that is a possibility - particularly if he isn't a great tackler since that will immediately raise the hackles of some of our fans.

Inspiral is right, even older players can be very sensitive to barracking.

That's why I would advise players like Allesandra and Smalley to work hard every single game and not let their heads fall at any time.

Determination to succeed plus talent is a potent factor.

He's confident on the ball. And will run at defenders....and has pace. He's going to be a good one.

the late colin shaw was scouting for latics and saw him play and got him a trial at latics which seems to have paid off ,we have a great player on latics books thanks to colin shaw (rest in peace )

Interesting to hear about his good positioning and off the ball running. I wasn't there last night and don't watch reserve or youth games, but I remember when Lomax came on at LB against Tranmere last season and played a blinder - twice he played strangely angled passes inside the defence which cut them in half but with no Latics player within a county mile of it. I said at the time that he must have played a ball thinking that Beersandra or Smalley would be making a run onto it.