saturdays 2pm kick off

why exactly was this a 2pm kick off? wasnt the rugby at twickenham? apolgies if im wrong but what did swansea say, was it 'hello football league, can you move our kick off on saturday so some of our fans can get home in time to watch rugby?'

erm.. yeah course we can wouldnt want to upset the welsh

why exactly was this a 2pm kick off? wasnt the rugby at twickenham? apolgies if im wrong but what did swansea say, was it 'hello football league, can you move our kick off on saturday so some of our fans can get home in time to watch rugby?'

Pretty much it, yes,

what was the attendance? if they got 500 more then that could have been the final push that got them the win. it also could have knock 50 off the travellling fans

AND

its rugby, not football, RUGBY. take your pick me laddos.

can we start at 1 on saturday i want to watch the tennis at 3pm?

Rugger is the Welsh national game, don't you know boyo? The Ospreys were repesenting Wales on Saturday and it's the local team which plays at the Liberty Stadium. They move mountains and valleys to make sure the rugger comes first. Those who left the pubs to watch the Swans pay Latics probably couldn't get a seat when they returned to the pub after the game, especially with one of our fans taking up valuable space with that damned suitcase! :grin:

Guest sheridans_world
double standards.

Not really.

The Aussie football games kick off late to make sure they dont clash with the cricket. Guess what their national sport is?

I'm sure there are many other examples, just an excuse to moan about nothing really. In the grand scheme of things what does it really change?

Nothing...

Guest sheridans_world

So you didnt attend because of the sake of one hour?

Shame you didnt go last year, traffic was god awful, i know some people that must have been stuck on the M5 for at least an hour not moving more than 20 yards.

Pathetic excuse i'm afriad.

Its Rugby UNION, not Rugby ..... there two codes. Really does upset me .... Rugby World Cup .... its the Rugby Union World Cup grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

We always change times not to class with England football games (our national sport) so makes sense the Welsh do it for there national sport Rugby Union.

Guest sheridans_world
Its Rugby UNION, not Rugby ..... there two codes you know. Really does upset me .... Rugby World Cup .... its the Rugby Union World Cup grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I suppose it does make it worse because its the crap version of the game!

I can't see how it's double standards when we've had other games moved because England are playing Rugby Union.

Would be (mildly) interesting to see if the Football League would have granted a request by Swansea if Wales hadn't been playing England.

when have we had games moved for england playing rugby?

whats all this about pathetic excuses? im making the point that this is football not rugby, i couldnt give ten smegs whos national sport it is, the only things that should influence kick off times are football internationals and police advice.

and i still think we would have got another penalty if the ref wasnt so scared by thousands of extra fat tanked up rugger fans with no teeth.

Guest sheridans_world
and i still think we would have got another penalty if the ref wasnt so scared by thousands of extra fat tanked up rugger fans with no teeth.

Think that, but we'll never know for sure.

I personally think its one of the least likley ref decisions to give a penalty in favour of an attacking goal keeper. If i was the ref, i would actually expect an attacking GK to go down in the box in hope of a penalty!

i couldnt give ten smegs whos national sport it is

You might not, others might.

If Latics thought they could get more people on the gate at BP by moving a match to a sunday or by kicking off an hour earlier (as both have been done before), would you have a problem with that?

Who cares what sport it is? All football/rugby/tennis/bowls clubs are competing with each other. What we need is for the cash to go into the football clubs, rather than any other. When a big game like this is on, you say to the punter, 'well actually, you can do both' meaning that money is being spent at the football club when it otherwise wouldnt be.

Games don't get moved in England because its not our national sport. It is Wales national sport so I can understand why they wanted to get it moved. What i'm not sure about is why your bothered???

I got the coach in rubbish conditions last year and we got there at 1pm anyway.

Guest sheridans_world

What is your intention with this?

Are you just fishing for responses?

Or are you just taking another opportunity to moan about something?!

Its Rugby UNION, not Rugby ..... there two codes. Really does upset me .... Rugby World Cup .... its the Rugby Union World Cup grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

We always change times not to class with England football games (our national sport) so makes sense the Welsh do it for there national sport Rugby Union.

Well technically it's the Rugby Football Union and their world cup is officially referred to as the Rugby World Cup, whereas the league version is called the Rugby League World Cup.