the two simons in the away end

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My lips are sealed!!! Myself, Danny and Bigfin stood directly behind them / spoke to through-out the second half. Ask bigfin recon he can't keep a secret... :grin:

You mean moved down a few steps fom your first half position to be stood directly behind them, in order to speak to them throughout the second half. :shifty: Hence less singing from some in the second half. :tongue1:

Rightly or wrongly I am believer that Chairmen/Owners shouldn't stand with the fans.

Didn't like it when M**re stood with us in the pub before the QPR game, don't like the way that Mike Ashley at Newcastle sits with the fans.

Nothing against the TTA but just don't like it.

Edited by leeslover
To resolve Diego's confusion

I advised them that if they were going to stand there they would be required to sing. Simon Blitz said "You haven't heard me sing!"

I told them about the drum being confiscated and how the Gashead fans in the adjoining section had complained about the drum. Simon Corney said he wasn't surprised as it was dead in there!

Rightly or wrongly I am believer that Chairmen/Owners should stand with the fans.

Didn't like it when M**re stood with us in the pub before the QPR game, don't like the way that Mike Ashley at Newcastle sits with the fans.

I'm confused - in your first sentence have you missed out the word "not" before the word "stand"?

You mean moved down a few steps fom your first half position to be stood directly behind them, in order to speak to them throughout the second half. :shifty: Hence less singing from some in the second half. :tongue1:

Five minutes into the second half someone mentioned who was stood in front of me....... otherwise I was clueless until then.

Rightly or wrongly I am believer that Chairmen/Owners should stand with the fans.

I think it’s a little different in the fact that it was a Tuesday night match at Bristol so a bit more subtle than when Moore turned up at the Springbok or at half time at the Cobblers. I think if they were in the stand at Leeds or turn up in the Chaddy End then I wouldn’t like it so much.

As for Ashley, who is he kidding?

Rightly or wrongly I am believer that Chairmen/Owners shouldn't stand with the fans.

I'm with you part of the way. It is ludicrous at Newcastle - if he is going to be one of the fans then he should be calling for the manager's head in a silly accent and havign slightly off key fantasies about Alan Shearer, which he can't be seen to do (not in public anyway). I can't say I mind TTwoA joining the crowd with us, it's only once in a while that they can make it anyway and if it keeps them feeling connected with it all then it can't be a bad thing. It's also handy for cornering them to sell them shirts :deal2: I've got it in the back of my mind that they never see us win, can anyone add any details? They saw the comeback at Brentford, which other games do we know they were at?

This has the potential to go all, "What have the Romans ever done for us?"

:wink:

Away wise though, I can't really think of more than Tranmere this season despite the numerous victories we have had away this season. . Suspect they have seen more than that but often choose not to sit/stand with the rabble :o

I'm confused - in your first sentence have you missed out the word "not" before the word "stand"?

Apologies Mr D_S i was on the phone at the time of writing it.

Thanks for the edit LL

Edited by AMO

I cant complain i think it was great they came n sat with us, we shold be thankful we have owners who are football fans not just money fans! they support the club well and get behind them, at the end of the day if I had enough money to own oldham I would still sit with the real fans in the stands rather than sit and eat some dodgy sandwich in a suit behind some glass

I cant complain i think it was great they came n sat with us, we shold be thankful we have owners who are football fans not just money fans! they support the club well and get behind them, at the end of the day if I had enough money to own oldham I would still sit with the real fans in the stands rather than sit and eat some dodgy sandwich in a suit behind some glass

To paint a truer picture "sat" should read "stood" - suppose it's preferable to stand if you're well-off with piles! :grin:

P.S. What's a real fan? :mmm:

My lips are sealed!!! Myself, Danny and Bigfin stood directly behind them / spoke to through-out the second half. Ask bigfin recon he can't keep a secret... :grin:

Mate... most of the game was an alcohol induced blur so cant remember any secrets to tell!, remember singing (lots), falling over (lots) and trying (succesfully) to find places in the ground with Danny where you could smoke without being seen...

Nah... as you say they were ok, got really into the game and Simon C had his head in his hands not being able to look for most of the last 10 mins... as you say, he cringed with the rest of us when they should have had a penalty.... one interesting comment was when Alles missed that tap in on the line someone said "Ah well, it was a hard chance" ... to which Simon C replied "Yeah, but I dont pay him to miss!" ... was meant light heartedly but still came accross a little harsh!

Enjoyed them being there... have a couple of piccies too whcih I'll put on when I get a chance.... at least we got the chance to sing "We play in blue and tangerine" down thier ears for 45 mins!

Mate... most of the game was an alcohol induced blur so cant remember any secrets to tell!, remember singing (lots), falling over (lots)

I shudder to think what you would have been like if you had turned up at your recommended pub before 6.30pm! The local being the last to arrive is nothing to BOAST about. :grin:

I shudder to think what you would have been like if you had turned up at your recommended pub before 6.30pm! The local being the last to arrive is nothing to BOAST about. :grin:

Yeah, very true.... however 2 hours drinking in a hotel Foyer waiting for a Taxi with Inspiral was enough to "send me on my way" so to speak.... anyway, as a good host I made sure my guests were comfortable before I indulged myself... that pub was a corker... pity there werent more tics there to enjoy it!

Have a feeling if we ever played burton you would make a right royal BALLS up of it..

:wink: