unlucky

first half was not too good,however we did have 2 clear cut chances that i saw but didnt take them.

second half big improvement,hit them on the run and shook them a bit,unfortunately we couldnt keep the lead,but we did have other chances to win the game.

new striker looks promising,in all i feel we where just a bit unlucky,and just wish smally and lewis would gamble in the box,they looked frightened tonight when they got the ball and panicked a bit,a goal will calm them down i feel.

still you cant please everyone,and the muppetts were there all game,booing them off at half time and general name calling.

first half was not too good,however we did have 2 clear cut chances that i saw but didnt take them.

second half big improvement,hit them on the run and shook them a bit,unfortunately we couldnt keep the lead,but we did have other chances to win the game.

new striker looks promising,in all i feel we where just a bit unlucky,and just wish smally and lewis would gamble in the box,they looked frightened tonight when they got the ball and panicked a bit,a goal will calm them down i feel.

still you cant please everyone,and the muppetts were there all game,booing them off at half time and general name calling.

i went, i didnt boo them off but that was crap except for 5 mins when we passed the ball half decent. we had chances but so did they.crossley did ok except he should have come for at least one of the 3 corners, the 3rd they scored from (he made some good saves). the defence looked shakey, the distribution was awful,

lewis did well in the second half, but if you dont shoot you dont score.the new lad showed nothing in 15 mins, i know he only joined today so i will reserve judgment, but he looks promising is a bit over the top, he touched it once and nearly fell over

crap game, poor crowd, crap weather. hope for better on saturday.

keeping the faith but struggeling

Guest sheridans_world
Muppets.....was you sat in the main stand. :(

Same in the chaddy. Funny how a cold Tuesday night turfs out the 'inner muppet' within the individual members of the crowd

???? why, did you think it was good

Totally toothless, passionless and clueless first half. If you cant boo that first half performance by manager and players, then when can you. The first half was inept to say the least. What magnified how bad we were was the way in which we started the second half.......much much better. Played with more zip, more guts, more purpose.

See Macca in the centre again at last.....seeing the boy Lomax flying down the left with purpose..... If only Livermore hadn't been signed on the basis he HAS to play every game.

i went, i didnt boo them off but that was crap except for 5 mins when we passed the ball half decent. we had chances but so did they.crossley did ok except he should have come for at least one of the 3 corners, the 3rd they scored from (he made some good saves). the defence looked shakey, the distribution was awful,

lewis did well in the second half, but if you dont shoot you dont score.the new lad showed nothing in 15 mins, i know he only joined today so i will reserve judgment, but he looks promising is a bit over the top, he touched it once and nearly fell over

crap game, poor crowd, crap weather. hope for better on saturday.

keeping the faith but struggeling

funny how everybody sees games in different ways isnt it.

nope not in the main stand,i sit in the chaddy .

i think it is fair to say that the only time everybody inside bp tonight gave 100% was for the mins applause for eric gemmill.

Totally agree, what this club need is to sack the manager!! Yea get him out ! :blink:

I think the point is that it is what Ronnie was sacked for. Which was wrong. It'd be wrong to sack shez now too. He deserves another year IMO. We are not going to make the play-offs, lets build for next year.

I think the point is that it is what Ronnie was sacked for. Which was wrong. It'd be wrong to sack shez now too. He deserves another year IMO. We are not going to make the play-offs, lets build for next year.

and what happens if this time next year were still in the same position with a paper thin squad and the football hasnt progressed and we have lost out yet again??

Yeh Sack shez and call us Newcastle...

New manager: Hi Simon

Simon C: If you dont get playoffs or automatic in your first full season YOUR FIRED.

Come on be reasonable... His first full season and mid table in march isnt that bad.

KTF

Ronnie got fired for ticket sales and SH*T football!!! tonight wasnt brazil but when we are up for it, the football by oldham as got to be one of the best in the league, and before you say why we not top if its the best , because weve got no end product and noone scoring goals consistent like prev seasons.

Thought we were very poor tonight, Swindon deserved at least a point as they looked sharper and more up for it all night, they were consistently first to the ball and gave their manager the reaction he asked for after Saturday's 0-3 home defeat by Walsall.

Our defending throughout the game was generally schoolboy standard.

I thought they looked like they would score everytime they got a corner in the second half. Somebody had obviously glued Crossley's feet to the goal line and it was panic stations in the 6 yard box everytime a corner came over, it was just a matter of time before we didn't get lucky and manage to somehow scramble the ball away, we were totally unable to deal with their corner kicks and inevitably paid the price.

In light of the above paragraph it's important to remember how we are not missing Gregan atall as some people (incredibly) seem to think, his aerial power and ability to win a header and get the ball clear would have won us that game last night.

Having brought Robertson in I didn't see much point in him not starting last night as both Alessandra and Smalley are not scoring any goals at least this lad has scored goals in this and other divisions (his 15 minute run out didn't even give him a chance to get in the game). If Davies and Hughes are both out Saturday I would definately start with Alessandra and Robertson up front.

Some very poor individual performances last night I thought, Eardley had a shocker and Smalley has a first touch like a rapist, McDonald was just never in the game and Jarrett was poor, we really do lack creativity in the midfield area.

We can probably assume that Stam will be on the injury list for a while now so Livermore will have to play centre half and Lomax at left back as in the second half (I hope Port Vale don't get any corners on Saturday).

Tbh the play offs were never really an option this season as we clearly have nowhere near a good enough squad (to cope with injuries) at the present time.

The attendance was very poor as well at less than 4000, its been a while since I remember us dipping under 4000 for a league game.

So on that cheery note :ktf:

1t half....everybody shocker......2nd half....a bit more purpose, pace and liveliness from all...As for Crossley.whilst not needing to be Peter Shilton to notice that he doesn't leave his line.....I would be pretty miffed as a keeper if everytime the ball drops in the penalty area i had to come for it, as my centre halfs weren't winning anything!!...Although he should come for more, he is not responsible for lack of challenges with the opposition in the penalty box!!

Livermore seemed to play a better line though when moved to centre half - good to see Lomax in and apart from Mcdonald i didn't think anybody else WOULD score!! Well done Ratboy!!

Not surprised though he didn't start with Robertson - has he played many games recently? and he had to give Smalley and Lewis another opp together.

Mid table not brill, but looking at players out - and the amount of games these young lads are now having to play, they'll be ok!!