• Gary Macdonald
    • Jason Jarrett
    • Mark Allott
    • Deane Smalley
    • Lewis Allesandra
    • Kelvin Lomax
    • Jordan Robertson

I thought Smalley too.

Yep has to be for me. Some great hold up play and brought others in well. Without him we would have been absolutely lost. Allesandra came into it much more seocnd half and looked a threat (and as others have said you feel something could happen when he has the ball). Smalley takes it by a long way for me though, everytime he has played up front he has looked like a real prospect imo. Confirmation last night that that's where we should be employing him where possible, especially as I feel Davies would be more suited as a wide man, puts in a good cross when he wants to.

I went for Allot, best of a bad bunch really. i thought Eardley did ok too though, put some excellent balls into the box in the first half

I feel for Eardley at the moment. He goes from the sublime to the ridiculous and with the boo boys on his back. He needs the captaincy taking off him and a big hug so he can concentrate on his own game. He seemed to be shouting at everybody last night including himself. We seem to forget how young he is at times.

each to there own. IMHO of Alless and Smalley it is Alless that looks more ready for the 1st team. His quality on the ball (when we started to PASS the ball into him) was obvious. Whereas to me Smalley's game is all about his pace and power and on that basis he isn't quite at 1st team level - too lightweight. That isn't to criticise him, just think that of the two he looks more like a lad thrown in due to emergency.

As for Eards, I too think he had a decent game for most of last night, but the complete lack of support in front of him means he is often put into positions/passes which he can only deal with by putting his foot through it and hoping. To be fair I'd rather have a defender doing that than trying to dribble out from the back, but his obvious frustration was clear to see to all last night. For me, Macca playing right-side does Eards absolutely no favours whatsoever, indeed at present it does the formation no favours either.

Oh i went for Lewis on last nights show..just

Can we have an option "Wish I didn't Attend"? Took me four hours to get down due to overturned lorries and 4.5 hours to get back as the M62 was shut and I had to divert via Halifax along with 3 million lorries.

:grin:

Went for Smalley in the end. Worked hard and showed more glimpses of what he can do. Alessandra excites me though. This lad could be anything.

Difficult one as I didn't think any Latics players had a good game, I reluctantly voted for Chris Taylor but thought we were poor throughout the team.

I certainly couldn't have voted for a defender or Crossley as we defended generally like school boys, our defending of their second half corners was non existent.