Vulture: To be or not to be?

I notice Brooks Mileson has had enough of his play thing and pulled the plug on his financial support of Gretna. They are about to enter into admin whilst their Chief Exc as resigned and now they are expecting a player exodus and fire sale. Any chance we can send Alan Hardy up to pick some bones? nowt like being on the spot in the flesh so to speak...makin like a vulture!

Sorry edit link to players: http://www.gretnafootballclub.co.uk/first/profiles/

Edited by Lags

Get him back, he was cracking for us in our 2nd to last play-off adventure.

Got a million and one central midfielders and he hasn't quite been the same since he came back, hence why he's at Gretna. I'm not sure how many, if any, of Gretna's players will be good enough at our level.

NB. I think "I notice Brooks Mileson has had enough of his play thing and pulled the plug on his financial support of Gretna" is a bit harsh as he's probably dying in hospital in the very near future. I think it'll be his son that has pulled the finances (I think he is in charge of that type of thing such is Brooks' position).

I notice Brooks Mileson has had enough of his play thing and pulled the plug on his financial support of Gretna. They are about to enter into admin whilst their Chief Exc as resigned and now they are expecting a player exodus and fire sale. Any chance we can send Alan Hardy up to pick some bones? nowt like being on the spot in the flesh so to speak...makin like a vulture!

Sorry edit link to players: http://www.gretnafootballclub.co.uk/first/profiles/

I've heard decent things about Innes, Baldacchino, Skelton and John Paul Kissock though i have never seen them myself just going off what my friend who goes to watch them every now and then has said.

Got a million and one central midfielders and he hasn't quite been the same since he came back, hence why he's at Gretna. I'm not sure how many, if any, of Gretna's players will be good enough at our level.

NB. I think "I notice Brooks Mileson has had enough of his play thing and pulled the plug on his financial support of Gretna" is a bit harsh as he's probably dying in hospital in the very near future. I think it'll be his son that has pulled the finances (I think he is in charge of that type of thing such is Brooks' position).

Harsh me? I wouldn't have known cos my info comes from the link herewith, no mention of a dying man.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...tna/7291519.stm

Harsh me? I wouldn't have known cos my info comes from the link herewith, no mention of a dying man.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...tna/7291519.stm

Fair enough.

He's got a brain infection of some sort and all that keeps being said in the media makes it sound more serious than very serious.

Every fan of a lower division/league team has to love Mileson. Alright, he's thrown more money at one club in particular in Gretna, but he has also helped out multitudes of struggling non-league teams on the edge of bankruptcy.

Fair enough.

He's got a brain infection of some sort and all that keeps being said in the media makes it sound more serious than very serious.

Every fan of a lower division/league team has to love Mileson. Alright, he's thrown more money at one club in particular in Gretna, but he has also helped out multitudes of struggling non-league teams on the edge of bankruptcy.

Again I wouldnt know and my main point to this thread was are there any players that we could do with.....well a keeper for one.

Erm....I hope he pulls through and all that (unlikely as it sounds) and not heard of him helping out other clubs...fair play if he has on that score. But....I actually can't stand Gretna and how they've got to where they are. And I think Mileson has was quite negligent in taking them up into the SPL and playing home games away from Gretna. Many slate Wigan for Dave Whelans bankrolling but Gretna's nothing different. Infact, it's a darn sight worse....Mileson should've had the balls to say no to going up into the SPL until he got the ground up to scratch for it. Instead, they've grown at a stupidly fast rate, too big for themselves and the wheels have fallen off big time. How can Gretna now survive on less than 500 fans, travelling 100 miles to another ground to call it "home" especially now the money's dried up? I feel sorry for those fans who were there before Mileson and the gloryhunters that have no doubt come along...who probably also wanted to stay in Div 1 until they were able to go up into the SPL with their own ground of a couple of thousand supporting. Instead, they look at a future without a club now.

Erm....I hope he pulls through and all that (unlikely as it sounds) and not heard of him helping out other clubs...fair play if he has on that score. But....I actually can't stand Gretna and how they've got to where they are. And I think Mileson has was quite negligent in taking them up into the SPL and playing home games away from Gretna. Many slate Wigan for Dave Whelans bankrolling but Gretna's nothing different. Infact, it's a darn sight worse....Mileson should've had the balls to say no to going up into the SPL until he got the ground up to scratch for it. Instead, they've grown at a stupidly fast rate, too big for themselves and the wheels have fallen off big time. How can Gretna now survive on less than 500 fans, travelling 100 miles to another ground to call it "home" especially now the money's dried up? I feel sorry for those fans who were there before Mileson and the gloryhunters that have no doubt come along...who probably also wanted to stay in Div 1 until they were able to go up into the SPL with their own ground of a couple of thousand supporting. Instead, they look at a future without a club now.

Good god man dont send the wiesel Alan Hardy up there on our behalf he will come back with Mick Wadsworth as Director of football.. Didnt alan negotiate the Ricketts loan deal to Walsall.....