Doncaster coach pay on day! disgrace

http://www.oldhamathletic.premiumtv.co.uk/...1271736,00.html

Is this poxy club taking the p!55 completely out of its fans now or what?

What if a father and child turn up to get on the coach and there's no room left? Imagine the disappointment for the child at least.

Are we really that strapped for cash that we are willing to disappoint some of our fans and inconvenience them just to fill ten seats?

Surely by putting this on the web they are acknowledging that some fans will miss out that's why the systems are in place that you book at the club shop in advance to avoid situations like this.

This club has never got ticketing right in any spectrum but this is ludicrous.

How can we ask people to invest in this shower of s4!te both on and off the field?

:angry:

Edited by KYLEOAFC

What if a father and child turn up to get on the coach and there's no room left? Imagine the disappointment for the child at least.

Are we really that strapped for cash that we are willing to disappoint some of our fans and inconvenience them just to fill ten seats?

Surely by putting this on the web they are acknowledging that some fans will miss out that's why the systems are in place that you book at the club shop in advance to avoid situations like this.

How can we ask people to invest in this shower of s4!te both on and off the field?

In the eyes of some, the club simply can do no right. damned if you do and damned if you dont

In the eyes of some, the club simply can do no right. damned if you do and damned if you dont

The disadvantages or negatives to this, far out way the positives.

It’s just the club trying to appease the coach company and get more cash out of its supporters at any cost.

It annoys me that this club is run so poorly on every level.

We can't even arrange coach travel properly.

The disadvantages or negatives to this, far out way the positives.

It’s just the club trying to appease the coach company and get more cash out of its supporters at any cost.

It annoys me that this club is run so poorly on every level.

We can't even arrange coach travel properly.

while i agree it may not be the best approach, to get that wound up about it is just comical, and smacks of you having a go for the sake of it.

while i agree it may not be the best approach, to get that wound up about it is just comical, and smacks of you having a go for the sake of it.

No I am not having a go for the sake of it.

I just get wound up and frustrated by stupidity and organisations

(If that's what you can call the Latics), thinking of money/profits before its fans or customers.

You can't honestly tell me that the club feel they are offering a good service in this situation and are putting the fans first. :blink:

Now you really are talking :censored:.

lets take your points 1 by 1.

1) "Is this poxy club taking the p!55 completely out of its fans now or what?" - Er no.

2) "What if a father and child turn up to get on the coach and there's no room left? Imagine the disappointment for the child at least." - Well the tickets have been available for booking for well over two weeks including both before & after the match yesterday. They have therefore had plenty of time to plan their weekend.

3) "Are we really that strapped for cash that we are willing to disappoint some of our fans and inconvenience them just to fill ten seats?" - FFS there are 10 places left. What should the club do? not tell anyone and run the coach at 80% full? Lets put this another way, what if a father & son found at the last minute that they could go & they didn't have any transport of their own?

4) "Are we really that strapped for cash that we are willing to disappoint some of our fans and inconvenience them just to fill ten seats?" - In what way are they willing to disappoint some of our fans and inconvenience them by letting it be known that there are still a few places left on a coach and that there is a still a way of taking advantage of the fact in case anyone finds themselves in a position to go and watch the team at the last minute.

5) "Surely by putting this on the web they are acknowledging that some fans will miss out that's why the systems are in place that you book at the club shop in advance to avoid situations like this." Can't get my head round the 1st part of this. Why are the club acknowledging that some fans will miss out? Do you know that more than 10 people will tun up? Your right that systems are in place to let people book in advance who know that they will be going. This lets the club know whether they need 1, 2, 3 or more coaches. But surely they should then let those who have been uncertain or only made their mind up at the last minute that there is still an option and on what basis it is available.

6) "This club has never got ticketing right in any spectrum but this is ludicrous." Really! What is wrong with the way the club runs it's season ticket policy? What is wrong with the way the club operates it's match day ticket policy? What is wrong with the way the club operates it's away ticket policy? What is wrong with the way the club operates it's all ticket policy? what was wrong with the way the club operated its policy for issuing tickets for the 2 matches played at Wembley? There is absolutely no justification in what you said.

6) "How can we ask people to invest in this shower of s4!te both on and off the field?" - Well what you do is: - (1) when you put season tickets on sale you state that the aim is promotion and by playing attractive free flowing football and that you are going to sign premiership class players to do it. (2) You employ an able commercial manager who doesn't miss a trick and who makes sure that the coaches are always full to away games :wink: (3) you go all out to attract sponsorship and advertising partners by telling them that they can reach at least 2k numpties and 2k happy clappers at every home game and that the cost of doing so is really cost effective :grin:

Does that answers your questions????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

You really are a lampoon aren't you? Why put yourself through the obvious misery of having anything to do with Latics? in your eyes it is an appalingly run club, with appalling staff, playing appalling football.

And your venom - "shower of sh4te- just about sums that up doesn't it?

A few questions for you:

Has the club, in your view, ever done anything you approve of?

Will you be going to the Supporters Assn Q & A night to put your views to Simon Corney and others?

Are you prepared to meet people who disagree with you to discuss in an adult fashion?

You forgot something Kyle ........ SHEZ OUT

Stay tuned for the next exiting eposode of the life of Kyle ...... "why is it that the flood light between the main stand and the RRe as had a bulb out for several weeks ........ christ this club is sh@te.... P.S. SHEZ OUT"

You really are a lampoon aren't you? Why put yourself through the obvious misery of having anything to do with Latics? in your eyes it is an appalingly run club, with appalling staff, playing appalling football.

And your venom - "shower of sh4te- just about sums that up doesn't it?

A few questions for you:

Has the club, in your view, ever done anything you approve of?

Will you be going to the Supporters Assn Q & A night to put your views to Simon Corney and others?

Are you prepared to meet people who disagree with you to discuss in an adult fashion?

I don't mind meeting anybody off here to discuss the latics in an adult fashion, I don't have a Pseudonym on here either, although my second name is not oafc as I am guessing your first name isn't latics lol.

I am more than happy to meet at the game and prove I am not completely Anal retentive about latics and discuss things as i do currently on match days.

I am going to doncaster tomorrow if anybody wants to join the sheridan out club? lol

Edited by KYLEOAFC

You forgot something Kyle ........ SHEZ OUT

Stay tuned for the next exiting eposode of the life of Kyle ...... "why is it that the flood light between the main stand and the RRe as had a bulb out for several weeks ........ christ this club is sh@te.... P.S. SHEZ OUT"

Your a web site mod and your picture is of darth vader,

I am guessing my "exiting" or exciting life is slightly better than yours lol.

p.s

Shez Out! :grin:

I don't mind meeting anybody off here to discuss the latics in an adult fashion, I don't have a Pseudonym on here either, although my second name is not oafc as I am guessing your first isn't latics lol.

I am more than happy to meet at the game and prove I am not completely Anal retentive about latics and discuss things as i do currently on match days.

I am going to doncaster tomorrow if anybody wants to join the sheridan out club? lol

And the answers to my other two questions i.e.

are you going to put your criticisms to Corney et al ?

has the club ever done anything that pleased you?

I certainly think that you should do the first of these - if you really believe what you write and have the cojones to put it to people that can do something about it! Perhaps you can say it to their faces "You are a shower of sh4te"

Edited by LaticsPete

Now you really are talking :censored:.

lets take your points 1 by 1.

1) "Is this poxy club taking the p!55 completely out of its fans now or what?" - Er no.

2) "What if a father and child turn up to get on the coach and there's no room left? Imagine the disappointment for the child at least." - Well the tickets have been available for booking for well over two weeks including both before & after the match yesterday. They have therefore had plenty of time to plan their weekend.

3) "Are we really that strapped for cash that we are willing to disappoint some of our fans and inconvenience them just to fill ten seats?" - FFS there are 10 places left. What should the club do? not tell anyone and run the coach at 80% full? Lets put this another way, what if a father & son found at the last minute that they could go & they didn't have any transport of their own?

4) "Are we really that strapped for cash that we are willing to disappoint some of our fans and inconvenience them just to fill ten seats?" - In what way are they willing to disappoint some of our fans and inconvenience them by letting it be known that there are still a few places left on a coach and that there is a still a way of taking advantage of the fact in case anyone finds themselves in a position to go and watch the team at the last minute.

5) "Surely by putting this on the web they are acknowledging that some fans will miss out that's why the systems are in place that you book at the club shop in advance to avoid situations like this." Can't get my head round the 1st part of this. Why are the club acknowledging that some fans will miss out? Do you know that more than 10 people will tun up? Your right that systems are in place to let people book in advance who know that they will be going. This lets the club know whether they need 1, 2, 3 or more coaches. But surely they should then let those who have been uncertain or only made their mind up at the last minute that there is still an option and on what basis it is available.

6) "This club has never got ticketing right in any spectrum but this is ludicrous." Really! What is wrong with the way the club runs it's season ticket policy? What is wrong with the way the club operates it's match day ticket policy? What is wrong with the way the club operates it's away ticket policy? What is wrong with the way the club operates it's all ticket policy? what was wrong with the way the club operated its policy for issuing tickets for the 2 matches played at Wembley? There is absolutely no justification in what you said.

6) "How can we ask people to invest in this shower of s4!te both on and off the field?" - Well what you do is: - (1) when you put season tickets on sale you state that the aim is promotion and by playing attractive free flowing football and that you are going to sign premiership class players to do it. (2) You employ an able commercial manager who doesn't miss a trick and who makes sure that the coaches are always full to away games :wink: (3) you go all out to attract sponsorship and advertising partners by telling them that they can reach at least 2k numpties and 2k happy clappers at every home game and that the cost of doing so is really cost effective :grin:

Does that answers your questions????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

"Does that answers your questions"

No it does not.

What happened to point 7 after the first 6? :grin:

Also you can't be serious by saying this club handles ticket sales well at any level,

Why the hell in this day and age do season ticket holders have to queue in excess to get match tickets?

The play-offs last year were abysmal.

Everton was appalling season ticket holders on the first day of sale got the worst seats, any game that’s all ticket is horrendous!

Away games are advertised on the web as being on sale and when you get to the ticket office they haven’t arrived.

The club is in the dark ages and the people who work there do a fantastic job to cope.

My argument is with the powers that be not changing with the times.

If your trying to make the club look like a good investment to outsiders you have to convince your own first.

If your happy with things i am glad for you.

I certainly think that you should do the first of these - if you really believe what you write and have the cojones to put it to people that can do something about it! Perhaps you can say it to their faces "You are a shower of sh4te"

My guess no to all the above. Some have constructive arguements to make, some are called ...........

Come on Kyle! answers please.

My guess no to all the above. Some have constructive arguements to make, some are called ...........

I just focussed on the meeting people off here one to be honest.

I am more than happy to attend AGM's or share ideas with Simon Corney and other latics fans in person or even write the club a comprehensive ticket marketing strategy proposal, based on supporters ideas in my own time.

I do moan but I am not one to shirk responsibility to help make improvements when needs be.

P.S yes this club has done plenty to please me. :tongue1: lol

Edited by KYLEOAFC

I just focussed on the meeting people off here one to be honest.

I am more than happy to attend AGM's or share ideas with Simon Corney and other latics fans in person or even write the club a comprehensive ticket marketing strategy proposal, based on supporters ideas in my own time.

I do moan but I am not one to shirk responsibility to help make improvements when needs be.

P.S yes this club has done plenty to please me. :tongue1: lol

So are you going? Never mind you are "happy to attend AGMs" - are you going on 31st March?

and are you going to write this ticketing strategy?

Edited by LaticsPete

So are you going? Never mind you are "happy to attend AGMs" - are you going on 31st March?

and are you going to write this ticketing strategy?

I will go to the AGM.

Regarding your second question, there would be no point in me just saying yes to you as it would be an empty promise to be fair.

My first step would be to e-mail the club and make enquires as to their future plans regarding ticket sales and to gauge their interest.

A strategy written with fans involvement would require a massive consultation process and would take months to compile so I would need to utilise some of the clubs existing resources i.e. names and addresses of season ticket holders previous strategy’s etc.

I will copy you in on my e-mail if you want to pm me with your e-mail address.

But it is something, that is definitely achievable.

Kyle.

Edited by KYLEOAFC

I will go to the AGM.

Regarding your second question, there would be no point in me just saying yes to you as it would be an empty promise to be fair.

My first step would be to e-mail the club and make enquires as to their future plans regarding ticket sales and to gauge their interest.

A strategy written with fans involvement would require a massive consultation process and would take months to compile so I would need to utilise some of the clubs existing resources i.e. names and addresses of season ticket holders previous strategy’s etc.

I will copy you in on my e-mail if you want to pm me with your e-mail address.

But it is something, that is definitely achievable.

Kyle.

Excellent on the first point. You can call them a "shower of Sh4te " to their face.

On the second - well, you could make that offer but, as has been pointed out above, for a lot of fans the current ticketing strategy ain't broke. Put it foward and see what the response is?

Excellent on the first point. You can call them a "shower of Sh4te " to their face.

On the second - well, you could make that offer but, as has been pointed out above, for a lot of fans the current ticketing strategy ain't broke. Put it foward and see what the response is?

I don't think I would get very far calling them a shower of Sh!te in the AGM lol.

Its acceptable as a figure of speech on a football forum but if you want to get things done and put your view across at the AGM it would leave me on the back foot somewhat don't you think? :wink:

As I said before if people are happy with the way tickets are sold and distributed that doesn't necessarily mean you cant move with the times and modernise.

If it is true and people don't want change and find the system works for them then that would be prevalent in the consultation process.

"Does that answers your questions"

No it does not.

What happened to point 7 after the first 6? :grin:

Also you can't be serious by saying this club handles ticket sales well at any level,

Why the hell in this day and age do season ticket holders have to queue in excess to get match tickets?

The play-offs last year were abysmal.

Everton was appalling season ticket holders on the first day of sale got the worst seats, any game that’s all ticket is horrendous!

Away games are advertised on the web as being on sale and when you get to the ticket office they haven’t arrived.

The club is in the dark ages and the people who work there do a fantastic job to cope.

My argument is with the powers that be not changing with the times.

If your trying to make the club look like a good investment to outsiders you have to convince your own first.

If your happy with things i am glad for you.

"What happened to point 7 after the first 6? :grin:

" Oh dear. I forgot to edit that 1. Dam :disappointed:

"Also you can't be serious by saying this club handles ticket sales well at any level,

Why the hell in this day and age do season ticket holders have to queue in excess to get match tickets?"

Actually yes I am saying that the club handles ticket sales well, particularly with the conditions it continues to have to endure. In answer to your question why you have to queue in this day and age to get match tickets, the answer is quite simple. Despite investing in new ticketing technology prior to the start of the 05/06 season that has a capacity to serve in around 4,000 tickets per day (meaning we could sell all tickets for the current capacity in 3 days even if we had the large section of the RRE for our own fans) the current cramped ticket office only allows a limited number to be actually dealt with. As you are more than likely aware the club does have plans to redevelop the stadium and part of the redevelopment will involve the relocating of the offices to the new Broadway stand with a more than adequate new ticket office. Despite best efforts to get this development up and running the owners have suffered a number of setbacks over the last 3/4 e.g. OMBC's holding up of planning permission. That really is the reason why we have the queues we still have today. I am sure you would therefore agree that the club have been and indeed are doing something about it. If you have any sensible suggestions, I am sure Messrs Corney & Hardy would be delighted to hear from you. (Please use the usual e-mail addresses)

"The play-offs last year were abysmal."

Why? Every Oldham supporter who wanted a ticket got 1. In fact we still had room left. If you are referring to the queues on the Sunday etc, well first see my point above. secondly, what else would you have reasonably suggested ?

"Everton was appalling season ticket holders on the first day of sale got the worst seats, any game that’s all ticket is horrendous!"

Really! Do you know what the instructions were from Everton, the organising club, as to what order the tickets had to be sold. If you did, then you would not make that comment. OAFC have to follow the instructions as stated by the home club, which have been drawn up under the conditions of their safety licence in consulation with the police, their safety officer and the Council. The same rules also apply to clubs visiting BP.

"Away games are advertised on the web as being on sale and when you get to the ticket office they haven’t arrived."

I haven't seen that one myself, but am aware that tickets sometimes do not arrive when expected. It usually depends how they have been despatched from the home club.

"The club is in the dark ages and the people who work there do a fantastic job to cope."

Actually its the ground thats (for the most part) in the dark ages, but as has been said, the club are trying to do something about that. I know for a fact that the people who work there are sometimes as frustrated as the people queuing outside. e.g. the longer the queues the longer they have to work and spend time away from their families etc.

"My argument is with the powers that be not changing with the times."

Why? surely the spending of a six figure sum on the planning application and associated works and fees to try and get the redevelopment of the ground up and running is a sign that they are trying to move with the times. They know that we cannot carry on as we are and I am sure that in the long run they cannot/will not continue to fund losses approaching 3/4 of a million £'s each year. If you are referring still to the ticketing situation, then spending a 5 figure sum on the new system in the last 3 years and the plans to relocate to a new office facility show that they are attempting to move with the times. Sometimes you just cannot do it as quickly as everyone would like. By the way, I think the the club are still waiting for the tickets to be made available on line by the system operator. (although this may have happened in the last couple of weeks or so) Once on line this will present another option for purchase for most games. I think it will be of big benefit on all ticket home games especially for season ticket holders although as usual with this type of system there will be an admin charge/booking fee payable to the operator. However at least it is an alternative.

"If your trying to make the club look like a good investment to outsiders you have to convince your own first. "

Whilst that it a fair a valid point, you also have to say that you need your own to give you a fair chance of doing so.

"If your happy with things i am glad for you."

I didn't say I was happy with everything ( see my comments on http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=13108 ) I was purely replying to your posting which I thought was unfair and needed a counter argument.

This season has been hugely disappointing for all concerned, management, players, supporters, TTA. A small club like ours really needs as many people as possible to stick together to help it progress. We have needed stability since the end of the M**re era in the summer of 2003. TTA have provided that financially to date, but it can't and won't continue for ever.

We have had enough promise and potential this last 3 years to be there or thereabouts on the pitch. What is needed now is some stability in the squad this summer instead of wholesale changes and with a few additions, as I stated on another thread, together with some luck with injuries, there is a good possibility that next season we can take it that 1 stage further. If that happens, the frustrations that we are seeing on this board, like this matter, will not be issues I am sure. Instead the moaners will start with " This club lacks ambition, it doesn't want to/can't afford to stay in the Championship." :wink:

Cheers ,

Harry