Footy Manager 08 and Latics

Has anyone got any tips or players that will help me get the Latics out of league 1 :)

Has anyone taken over Oldham on FM08 and how far if we got? I have just failed in the playoffs in my first season and currently rebuilding for my second. TTA accepted bids of 375k for Eardley and 725k for Taylor in January nothing I could do about this!! I had 800k to spend for my next season (so I thought) but come pre-season this had gone :(

Decent players Bulgaria striker Makriev (45k) and Switzerland striker Doudin (free) 50 goals between them Sturridge on loan from City also hit 20 goals. Both want out now in pre-season!!!

David Templeton winger from Hearts (22k) got 15 goals Michael Woods (Chelsea) and Kilkenny got 20 between them for midfield both on loan Taylor wide left haha.

Keeper Brill from Luton did ok and was my first choice.

Now defence I got injury after injury sold Thommo 100k Stam 97k and Lomax 70k and Hazell 50k. Kept Gregan and signed Jackson from Blackpool who broke his leg and Luketti who did his ligements all before start of season. Signed Hobbs for Liverpool and Boyle from Everton both on loan who did ok!!!!

Guest oa_exile
Has anyone got any tips or players that will help me get the Latics out of league 1 :)

Has anyone taken over Oldham on FM08 and how far if we got? I have just failed in the playoffs in my first season and currently rebuilding for my second.

Second season you will finish around 10th and the fans will be shouting JONNY OUT ! :grin:

Thats reality gaming for you :shock:

Yeah tried most local clubs Martin wouldnt come on loan Campbell and Dong both went to Walsall both scoring 25+ Hewson and Jones also turned me down.. Sturridge did well though from City oh and Rocco Quinn once he signed for City in January.

Not nay manure players if any will come on loan..

I sold Taylor (£1.5m to City) Hazell, Stam, Lomax and signed Michael Woods from Chelsea, a defender called Hamstead or somthing from arsenal reserves and sergio terja from chelsea and took Sturridge and Ethu on loan from City.

Wolfy scored 20+ first season and 30+ following seasons. Loaned Smalley out to Stalybridge for half a season and he turned into a very good player as well

Rhys Murphy from Arsenal (scored 42 goals in league one and then 33 in championship the following season) and Baxter from Everton from 2nd season onwards are other good players to get on loan. Arsenal have quite a few good kids to get on loan once they've turned 17 and signed pro contracts, Lansbury is another good one and i got Barazite on a free. Conor Cliffard is good player in chelsea youth team too to get on loan from 2nd season onwards.

When TTA accept bids for Eardley i just offer him a new contract for the most money they'll let me with a sell-on clause if we don't get promoted for £5m and he always seems to sign it

Has anyone taken over Oldham on FM08 and how far if we got? I have just failed in the playoffs in my first season and currently rebuilding for my second. TTA accepted bids of 375k for Eardley and 725k for Taylor in January nothing I could do about this!! I had 800k to spend for my next season (so I thought) but come pre-season this had gone :(

Decent players Bulgaria striker Makriev (45k) and Switzerland striker Doudin (free) 50 goals between them Sturridge on loan from City also hit 20 goals. Both want out now in pre-season!!!

David Templeton winger from Hearts (22k) got 15 goals Michael Woods (Chelsea) and Kilkenny got 20 between them for midfield both on loan Taylor wide left haha.

Keeper Brill from Luton did ok and was my first choice.

Now defence I got injury after injury sold Thommo 100k Stam 97k and Lomax 70k and Hazell 50k. Kept Gregan and signed Jackson from Blackpool who broke his leg and Luketti who did his ligements all before start of season. Signed Hobbs for Liverpool and Boyle from Everton both on loan who did ok!!!!

I got promoted in my first season, with abit of match fixing may I add :wink: . And stayed up in the championship, and bought Big Bad Jimmy Hasselbaink from Cardiff who was cr*p. On my 3rd season and still around relegation :angry: .

theres a right winger at preston who i always sign who pretty good, u have to have a bit of money tho so need to save up, but beeen quality for me!

Richard Offiong from Hamilton 35k and I also signed Lingfield who even when Id made Prem league was still in my all time best 11. Eardley and Taylor are garbage so sell straight away otherwise end of season money doesnt get given to you in budget. Ive also signed Hobbs and when on way to Prem Ben Amos from United who played 8s every game which helped cos my defense was gash.

theres a right winger at preston who i always sign who pretty good, u have to have a bit of money tho so need to save up, but beeen quality for me!

Richard Offiong from Hamilton 35k and I also signed Lingfield who even when Id made Prem league was still in my all time best 11. Eardley and Taylor are garbage so sell straight away otherwise end of season money doesnt get given to you in budget. Ive also signed Hobbs and when on way to Prem Ben Amos from United who played 8s every game which helped cos my defense was gash.

Andrew Crofts (Gillingham) great midfielder at league 1 and championship level

David Van Zanten (St Mirren) very good right back

Scott Morrison (Dunfermline) very good right back

Try and get Swansea's keeper Dani if you can, kept me in it loads of times.

Only made one or two signings in my first season, Matt Jansen (super sub) and Michael Timlin on loan from Fulham, on the left.

Still in my first season in League One, but so far played 11; won 10 and lost 1. Can't remember who to, was a while back.

I think they've done us a bit of a dis-service, the players aren't as good on the game as they are in real-life, apart from Kilkenny who seems to be a bit like Ronaldinho for me :lol:

On Fifa 08 though, we're the second best team in the League, Gregan's the best player (bar none) in League One! :grin:

Keep the Faith