sadly predictable

i missed it on sat but i said to kellysheroes it doesnt matter cos it will be a corner or a free kick aimed at the six yard line. a new keeper is top priority for me.

I've been one of Crossley's harshest critics this season but WTF, no HTF can you blame him for that goal on Saturday???? I've played in goal for 24 years and there is no way that ball was his, for one the trajectory meant the ball was going away from the goal so he would have been daft to to even attempt to claim that. We won 4-1 and still we're whingeing and singling out individuals, I can whinge with the best of 'em but why not revel in the fact we hammered one of our local rivals and it could've been far worse for them. I'm still buzzing from Saturday and probably will be until I come back down to earth at Swindon on Saturday. Enjoy the win, don't look for scapegpoats. Look at the goals against column he must be doing something right and the defence looked far more comfortable with lardarse back in there.

I've been one of Crossley's harshest critics this season but WTF, no HTF can you blame him for that goal on Saturday???? I've played in goal for 24 years and there is no way that ball was his, for one the trajectory meant the ball was going away from the goal so he would have been daft to to even attempt to claim that. We won 4-1 and still we're whingeing and singling out individuals, I can whinge with the best of 'em but why not revel in the fact we hammered one of our local rivals and it could've been far worse for them. I'm still buzzing from Saturday and probably will be until I come back down to earth at Swindon on Saturday. Enjoy the win, don't look for scapegpoats. Look at the goals against column he must be doing something right and the defence looked far more comfortable with lardarse back in there.

he isnt going on.... just saying we need a keeper next year fot that little push on we need

i missed it on sat but i said to kellysheroes it doesnt matter cos it will be a corner or a free kick aimed at the six yard line. a new keeper is top priority for me.

So let me get this straight.

You missed it, but despite a magnificent 4-1 victory you want to complain about the goal against.... AND BLAME Crossley?

Give it a rest.

Seemed a bit fortunate their goal. Straight out of the Chris Porter handbook, the guy seemed to fall on the floor and the ball cannon in off his arse!

Didnt go to the game, but judging by some of the pictures, the biggest fear of not winning that game would have been the pitch becoming waterlogged!

Jeeeeeeeessssssssuuuuuusssss Score 4,should/could have scored another 4 and people are still not happy

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, he's been quality since the Donny home cup game. Not his fault for the goal, but why not have a pop, eh?

We win 4-1 and everyone outfield works their socks off...Norm gets it in the neck because some people just always need a scapegoat.

thats the 5th gol at least so as he gets older and slower he will do it more and more and more and more. not good enough for next season, we need a keeper a defender a midfielder, a winger prob a backup striker too. shez says 5 players and i only hope in these positions. norm is a great shot stopper as i have said many many times but this weakness has been picked up on by 70% of teams who play us, so it should be 100% of teams by next season. its not my fault i can see things that other less tactically minded people cant. months lay in waiting? no sorry mate i say it every week even when norm was injured because o'donnell was the same. any less than a sweeper keeper and a team is vulnerable, why ignore a weakness? and please note again that ive never had a go in person or boo'd or shouted an obscenity at him no matter how strongly i feel about it, in fact its been noted that im one of the most positive fans in the ground on ocassion, so unless your replies are constructive i snore back at you and giggle at your blind patheticness whilst hoping that it can be the current classic quote on your sig please please, theyre grrrrrreat.

thats the 5th gol at least so as he gets older and slower he will do it more and more and more and more. not good enough for next season, we need a keeper a defender a midfielder, a winger prob a backup striker too. shez says 5 players and i only hope in these positions. norm is a great shot stopper as i have said many many times but this weakness has been picked up on by 70% of teams who play us, so it should be 100% of teams by next season. its not my fault i can see things that other less tactically minded people cant. months lay in waiting? no sorry mate i say it every week even when norm was injured because o'donnell was the same. any less than a sweeper keeper and a team is vulnerable, why ignore a weakness? and please note again that ive never had a go in person or boo'd or shouted an obscenity at him no matter how strongly i feel about it, in fact its been noted that im one of the most positive fans in the ground on ocassion, so unless your replies are constructive i snore back at you and giggle at your blind patheticness whilst hoping that it can be the current classic quote on your sig please please, theyre grrrrrreat.

maybe you would be happy if the club signed van der sar or peter cech eh.

somehow i dont think that will happen, ill just be happy if the club replaces a player who no one else wants, who doesnt do his full job with someone who does. time for norm to move into coaching/ back up. as i think someone once said 'you win nothing with grandads.'

Daz you're well over the top here. Crossley has his faults but then all keepers below an elite handful do! Point taken we need another keeper but the reason is to build for the future......not because Norm is crap. It doesnt take a tactical genious to see that.....

Speaking of which aren't you the same tactical genius who was calling for Greegs to be released?

let me understand wot you are saying - 70% of teams who have scored against when Norm is playing realised whaot you have so when they have scored it was 100% crossley fault and that a keeper who would have done his job hence we would have not conceded and wewould be top of the league becuse we would have won every game. ???

but hang on a minute - Stam who went through a period of making one mistake every game usually from which the oppostion scored that was norms fault, hey but hang on we would not of won every game cause we didnt score in every game but if crossley had saved the goal we would have .

yes im am going well over the top - but are talking no less rubbish than you are - crossley didnt start the season brilliantly but has been superb and turned doubters around - pity at times he didnt have a back four in front, so in your tatically minded profession - you should have noticed this has well

and if you think we need a winger - u r sadly mistaken cause we already got one

how can i be over the top in expressing an opinion on a messageboard? shouting 'f@ck off norm youre crap' for 90 mins at a match would be over the top. crossleys current none catching fault is new to him, ive grown up with his career on tv and always admired his command of an area but its an area of his game which is fading rapidly, he would have gobbled satdays gol up a few years ago but he left that one as hes a bit too slow to get there now and would look stupid if he missed it. its been noted he plays the percentages and that shows what a beast he once was and if you agree we need a new keeper then wheres the debate?

and no, i havent called for greegs to be released but i wouldnt have been concerned if he retired. i would also never play him in defence again, im pretty gutted about livermore i thought he could do a job next year, but greegs can prob do the double defensive midfielder job with allott for the rest of this season at least.

crossleys current none catching fault is new to him, ive grown up with his career on tv and always admired his command of an area but its an area of his game which is fading rapidly, he would have gobbled satdays gol up a few years ago but he left that one as hes a bit too slow to get there now and would look stupid if he missed it. its been noted he plays the percentages and that shows what a beast he once was and if you agree we need a new keeper then wheres the debate?

Really? How odd then that my mate who is a Forest fan and Crossley in the flesh every other week when he was young told me when we signed him that he was a fantastic shot stopper but not the greatest on crosses. Are you sure that you didn’t just imagine that stuff that seems burned into your childhood TV memories?

Well, let's look at the stats. How many clean sheets this season? Over 10. How many goals conceded? It's certainly one of the lowest totals against in a long time - Let's not forget that Dowie had money, and bought quality defenders. The thing is, we look at some of the goals he's conceded, and the blame could be thrown at one of the outfield players - a lot for that matter.

Crossers annoys me at times, his indecision to come and get the ball etc, but he's saved us on numerous occasions. I think he has more positives than negatives.

Oh, for the Shez haters: Someone find me a past Oldham manager who betters his 0.9 goals conceded per game stat. :tongue1: Not including Dowie for obvious reasons.

Oh yeah, I wouldn't say no to Lee Grant coming back, though. :wub:

let me understand wot you are saying - 70% of teams who have scored against when Norm is playing realised whaot you have so when they have scored it was 100% crossley fault and that a keeper who would have done his job hence we would have not conceded and wewould be top of the league becuse we would have won every game. ???

but hang on a minute - Stam who went through a period of making one mistake every game usually from which the oppostion scored that was norms fault, hey but hang on we would not of won every game cause we didnt score in every game but if crossley had saved the goal we would have .

yes im am going well over the top - but are talking no less rubbish than you are - crossley didnt start the season brilliantly but has been superb and turned doubters around - pity at times he didnt have a back four in front, so in your tatically minded profession - you should have noticed this has well

and if you think we need a winger - u r sadly mistaken cause we already got one

well for a start you dont understand what im saying, so let me explain. teams who realise that a keeper comes out sometimes and not others will aim lots of balls at the six yard line because eventually a mistake will come, usually beacuse a defender thinks 'he should get that one, ill leave it' and the keeper thinks 'oooh i prob wont make that, ill leave it' or 'he should get that one, ill leave it' if a keeper take everything from 0-8 yards out this doesnt happen, comprendez?

you mention stam, it was mentioned a bit back he seems to make a mistake per game and ive noticed that too so i agree with you there and ive never once said that norm is at fault for stam slipping or a poor defensive header so i dont know what your getting at there. this also ties in with paragraph 3 but ill say it again for your brain to take in, norm is not at fault for the mistakes of others and is no way at fault for all our gols against this season. comprendez?

and the last thing, deano is not a winger. not a 50 games per season winger anyway.

Really? How odd then that my mate who is a Forest fan and Crossley in the flesh every other week when he was young told me when we signed him that he was a fantastic shot stopper but not the greatest on crosses. Are you sure that you didn’t just imagine that stuff that seems burned into your childhood TV memories?

it could be possible that rose tinted spectacles are in operation, yes. but what i was trying to convey was that my point did not come from a long stemming irrational hatred of mark crossley.

it could be possible that rose tinted spectacles are in operation, yes. but what i was trying to convey was that my point did not come from a long stemming irrational hatred of mark crossley.

Fair enough, btu it detracts from you theory that it's his ageing that is causing the problem you perceive. I would counter that he is playing pretty much the way he did at higher levels. Granted not quite so fit but his general ability is much as it was. Hence he doesn't let many goals in, although his game isn't perfect.