Bradford Away

Guest sheridans_world
pre season friendlies should be free

So clubs have to pay for transport, lighting, water, electric, stewarding costs and ground maintenance?

Sounds like a good way to make sure clubs go down the drain.

Maybe this is a friendly to give the players confidence before the new season, getting hammered off Derby and Hull won't do us much good, but hopefully leathering Bradford 4-0 will spur us on and we will be like an unstoppable force from then. (Optimistic or what!) :grin:

why is suggesting that almost but not quite pointless games should be free a silly comment? £10 away at macc or rochdale for a friendly? disgraceful. and theyre not fully stewarded and they dont have the full range of food on, usually just crisps and soft drinks so they arent using any leccy. the water is rated so is the same price no matter what and i dont understand how the transport element applies. so in view of the small gaggle of stewarts i change my comment to pre season games should cost about two quid and be free for kids, or kids accompanied by an adult. pre season last season cost me about £50 i couldnt afford for me and the lad so this season i will just have to miss out on these MASSIVE games.

Edited by daznathe

why is suggesting that almost but not quite pointless games should be free a silly comment? £10 away at macc or rochdale for a friendly? disgraceful. and theyre not fully stewarded and they dont have the full range of food on, usually just crisps and soft drinks so they arent using any leccy. the water is rated so is the same price no matter what and i dont understand how the transport element applies. so in view of the small gaggle of stewarts i change my comment to pre season games should cos about two quid and be free for kids.

If it wasnt a silly comment why change it?

Agreed it should be cheap, but certainly not free!

So if Blackpool and Donny and Scunny and MK Scum and Brighton play 3 home friendlies in front of 2000 a time, that’s an extra £60,000 gross revenue in each of their pockets that we won’t have. Don’t see that happening somehow.

PS, I can’t believe Real missed the chance to point out cold hard facts. Are you under the weather mate?

if any of your suggested clubs play a pre season friendly against a team from a division below or the same division or the one above but theyre based over 50 miles away and they charge £10 and they get 2000 in, well, i dont see that happening somehow

if any of your suggested clubs play a pre season friendly against a team from a division below or the same division or the one above but theyre based over 50 miles away and they charge £10 and they get 2000 in, well, i dont see that happening somehow

I’m not so sure of that, we’re playing clubs with a big following and plenty of people ready for a day out away from the wife out with the family, we might get a decent turn out, especially if both clubs have a few new signings to show off. Any any case, we can’t really afford to through any cash away, be it £60k or £30k.

they dont have the full range of food on, usually just crisps and soft drinks so they arent using any leccy.

Lol...sorry, but that made me laugh :grin: Do they make their own crisps during the season? :wink:

Seriously....do you think if no food is on, the club doesn't use leccy? For starters then....I take it that the PA system will be replaced by a megaphone for the game then? :wink:

Guest oa_exile
Lol...sorry, but that made me laugh :grin: Do they make their own crisps during the season? :wink:

Seriously....do you think if no food is on, the club doesn't use leccy? For starters then....I take it that the PA system will be replaced by a megaphone for the game then? :wink:

"Only cold snacks available today"

megaphone.jpg

lol

im not saying these friendlies wont make attract 2000, in fact i think they will and they are probably our best friendlies in ages, im saying macc v oldham or oldham v rochdale etcetera at £10 is a disgrace. i was making a catch all comment when i was unaware that we had secured two quite good uns. im still laughing at the thought of broady talking to that other guy on the pitch thru a megaphone.