Would the sale of Micah be the turning point?

Everyone knows that we have never really got over the Hughes goal at Wembley and it started the demise of our proud club... However............

If Richards does leave for a ( bigger club) the money could be the catalyst to better things....It might be saving of our club..

Everyone knows that we have never really got over the Hughes goal at Wembley and it started the demise of our proud club... However............

If Richards does leave for a ( bigger club) the money could be the catalyst to better things....It might be saving of our club..

It all depends really. personally I think the turning point has already been. the takeover by tta was mine. although its not quite come together on the pitch yet, i feel the finances of the club are in a much better order than ever before, and the youth set up is producing the goods. the redevelopment is around the corner and its all thanks to tta. Everything about the club is geared to success, we just need to get it together on the pitch and the signs have been there this season.

If Micah moves on, I honestly cant see us spending millions on the squad, and I dont think I would want that. If it went wrong that would be it. another 15 yrs in the doldrums. What I think it would do however is give us much more bargaining power when it comes to wages and bonus'. I.E, we maybe wouldnt have lost Kilkenny, or Wellens, or Porter.

If it was spent wisely, would defo cover the running costs for a few yrs

but i get the impression Micah Richards would rather play first team footy at city than warm the bench at chelski, so cant see him going anywhere anytime soon

How about this, If say, United are in fact interested in him, and decide against renewing Wes Brown's contract, and release Brown on a free. They let Gary Neville get his spot back at Right-Back, and buy Richards for 20 million (+?). Gary Neville is bound to pick up an injury through next season (would be lucky if he didn't, and is bound to retire soon anyway) and Micah will know that, so he know's he will be next in line. Also, Barcelona are interested in buying back Gerard Pique from United, who is United's 3rd choice Central Defender, so he has a place in case either Vidic or Ferdinand are injured etc. Hmmm.

Edited by Xander_OAFC

How about this, If say, United are in fact interested in him, and decide against renewing Wes Brown's contract, and release Brown on a free. They let Gary Neville get his spot back at Right-Back, and buy Richards for 20 million (+?). Gary Neville is bound to pick up an injury through next season (would be lucky if he didn't, and is bound to retire soon anyway) and Micah will know that, so he know's he will be next in line. Also, Barcelona are interested in buying back Gerard Pique from United, who is United's 3rd choice Central Defender, so he has a place in case either Vidic or Ferdinand are injured etc. Hmmm.

Did Wes Brown not sign a new deal in the week, along with Michael Carrick?

I think i heard something about that, maybe, but holding Sir Alex Ferguson to your demands isn't a good thing I wouldn't have thought!

i find myself in the unusual position of agreeing with philliggi!!!

like i said on another thread.if indeed richards does move on,and we get a nice hefty 4 million pounds,i doubt that shez would be given half of it,in fact nowhere near half of it.i would imagine the club sorting out some debts first,and shez prolly getting 750k.

of course the perfect scenario is united and chelsea have a bidding war and he goes for 35 million pounds,we get into championship and paul scholes signs........now where did i put those mushrooms

i find myself in the unusual position of agreeing with philliggi!!!

like i said on another thread.if indeed richards does move on,and we get a nice hefty 4 million pounds,i doubt that shez would be given half of it,in fact nowhere near half of it.i would imagine the club sorting out some debts first,and shez prolly getting 750k.

of course the perfect scenario is united and chelsea have a bidding war and he goes for 35 million pounds,we get into championship and paul scholes signs........now where did i put those mushrooms

never ed, thats not possible. i change my stance. :wink:

never ed, thats not possible. i change my stance. :wink:

its only because your a moderator n i cant swear at ya,hahahaha

but it is a good point.....and i cant believe people still harp on about the hughes game....its over done and dusted,time to move on

Guest oa_exile
Did Wes Brown not sign a new deal in the week, along with Michael Carrick?

........and Ferdinand

SKY SPORTS

Fergie buoyed by new deals

Sir Alex Ferguson insists he was always 'quietly confident' that Wes Brown would agree a new Manchester United contract.

Brown, along with team-mates Rio Ferdinand and Michael Carrick, has accepted a long-term deal to stay at Old Trafford.

The defender was due to be a free agent in the summer after rejecting the club's previous offer, while Ferguson had suggested Brown was being influenced by his agent.

However, after confirming the contract boost for United, Ferguson admitted he did not truly believe that Brown would leave the club.

"There was that possibility because of the fact that his contract was up," said Ferguson on Sky Sports News, when asked if he thought the England international would move on.

"I don't think there's any club for Wes Brown other than Manchester United, he's a Manchester United player and I was always quietly confident."

Guest sheridans_world

I think Shez would find himself with a full £4m if we got that much from Micah. The owners have always said Shez can spend the proceeds from selling any player. A sell-on clause should be no different.

I'd much rather any funds from Richards' sale go into accelerating the speed of the ground redevelopment than get blown on players. The ground development is the future of the club and I think there is far less chance of TTA buggering off if they are not faced with footing the whole of the redevelopment bill.

Once done, the club will be in a much stronger position to generate revenue and enable more longer-term investment of the team. Ya never know, the apathetic Oldham public may even bother to turn up in greater numbers.............

Mebbe not.

your entitled to your opinion and i respect that but we are in a bad way if the sale of a former youth prospect is going to turn this club around, it will take more than 20 per cent of that fee to turn is into a bigger thinking club again. for me if that does happen then i doubt we will see much of the money translated to the playing side of the club but i could be totally wrong. the past says im not.

I'd much rather any funds from Richards' sale go into accelerating the speed of the ground redevelopment than get blown on players. The ground development is the future of the club and I think there is far less chance of TTA buggering off if they are not faced with footing the whole of the redevelopment bill.

Once done, the club will be in a much stronger position to generate revenue and enable more longer-term investment of the team. Ya never know, the apathetic Oldham public may even bother to turn up in greater numbers.............

Mebbe not.

thats about the same as how i see it...

TTA's have been plowing money into this club now for several years, and lets face it apart from the odd cup run, have had absolutely nothing to show in return...

the ground redevelopment is the key to not only our clubs future, but settling some of the debts that are owed to TTA's..

if they can get away with not having to stump up the whole amount for the new ground by cashing in on a bit of a lottery win then they will do....wouldn't you????

not to say that the team manager won't get some cash to spend, but i doubt it would even get to a 1/5 of the money gained from richards' sale..

and at the end of the day....who are we to argue? they have done a fairly decent job to shore up that leaking dam.. now they have the means to stop the flow completely.. they wont waste that on wages, on attempts to sign players who will appease and un-appeasing oldham public...

personally i don't blame them for keeping every penny of this 'hypothetical' cash bonanza!

i will still buy my season ticket for next season too... that, i see is my duty to this club and TTA's in even it's basic form...

roll on the 29th...

thats about the same as how i see it...

TTA's have been plowing money into this club now for several years, and lets face it apart from the odd cup run, have had absolutely nothing to show in return...

the ground redevelopment is the key to not only our clubs future, but settling some of the debts that are owed to TTA's..

if they can get away with not having to stump up the whole amount for the new ground by cashing in on a bit of a lottery win then they will do....wouldn't you????

not to say that the team manager won't get some cash to spend, but i doubt it would even get to a 1/5 of the money gained from richards' sale..

and at the end of the day....who are we to argue? they have done a fairly decent job to shore up that leaking dam.. now they have the means to stop the flow completely.. they wont waste that on wages, on attempts to sign players who will appease and un-appeasing oldham public...

personally i don't blame them for keeping every penny of this 'hypothetical' cash bonanza!

i will still buy my season ticket for next season too... that, i see is my duty to this club and TTA's in even it's basic form...

roll on the 29th...

the owners arent footing the bill for the development,its self financing and pays for itself.

the owners arent footing the bill for the development,its self financing and pays for itself.

yeah re-read my post and realise that!!

what i was trying to say was that once this club isn't costing them a small fortune every month they will look to recover some of their initial outlay.....

and if we get a few quid come in on the sale of players, then i cant see that going straight back into team building!

it's all well and good having conference rooms, apartments etc... but someone has to book the rooms and buy/rent the apartments..

your entitled to your opinion and i respect that but we are in a bad way if the sale of a former youth prospect is going to turn this club around, it will take more than 20 per cent of that fee to turn is into a bigger thinking club again. for me if that does happen then i doubt we will see much of the money translated to the playing side of the club but i could be totally wrong. the past says im not.

Correct-particularly when it isn't going to happen.

Not only has Richards signed a new contract, and said he wants to stay (no guarantee of anything, I admit), but City no longer have to sell their best assets and would not do so to the one club their fans loathe.

Furthermore, he would not go for £20 million plus; he is good, but not that good. Just because SWP (who was older) went for that kind of fee, it doesn't mean Richards will. SWP went to Chelsea at their craziest moment: £28 million (?) to mostly warm the bench.

I don't think Richards will leave City, however the only clubs he would leave City for (the big four) all have an interest. Chelsea have been linked with him regularly, United could do with and new centre half/right back and Liverpool and Arsenal both drastically need a new centre half IMO. Richards is the best British centre half not already playing for one of these teams but I'm not sure he will be the best centre half availible in the summer. His sale could provide us with the necessary financial clout to buy in the players we need or to pay the wages of players we want to keep to get us out of this division. Once we are out of this division I feel that the average attendance will shoot up as we should have more local games, (especially if Wigan or Bolton are in the Championship), bigger away support and are playing against better opposition.

I don't think Richards will leave City, however the only clubs he would leave City for (the big four) all have an interest. Chelsea have been linked with him regularly, United could do with and new centre half/right back and Liverpool and Arsenal both drastically need a new centre half IMO. Richards is the best British centre half not already playing for one of these teams but I'm not sure he will be the best centre half availible in the summer. His sale could provide us with the necessary financial clout to buy in the players we need or to pay the wages of players we want to keep to get us out of this division. Once we are out of this division I feel that the average attendance will shoot up as we should have more local games, (especially if Wigan or Bolton are in the Championship), bigger away support and are playing against better opposition.

They simply won't sell to United.

A £4m windfall will have absolutely no effect whatsoever on a club the size of ours, what with all the money that is already currently sloshing around the place and the massive weekly operating profit we enjoy.

The club will hardly notice its arrival. :shock:

Which would be very well if anybody had claimed it would make no difference, but nobody has.

I have pointed out why it's unlikely to be a £20 million-plus fee, even in the unlikely event that he moves though.

I don't believe that. If the deal is right for them, financial sense comes above local rivalry.

Having said that - United will never sell to Liverpool. But United can afford that luxury.

So can City now.

It isn't that the club might not do it; but they'd have to consider the reaction of the fans.

After all, we all know were perceived lack of ambition on the pitch gets you when it comes to attendances...