Reserves Tonight

of top of my head,the number 8 wasn't much+the number 11 looked like he deserves another game..

sorry,no names,didn't have a team sheet.

good game lewis played the first half-think he was just taken off as a precaution..hope anyway.

we held our own but never really tested their goalie.

if that was the future of manure i'd worry now!

and the ref was a joke-the last min penalty was even laughed at by the 4th official!

nice to see sooooo many manure fans there see their team for the first time ever...

visca barca ! visca catalunya !

of top of my head,the number 8 wasn't much+the number 11 looked like he deserves another game..

sorry,no names,didn't have a team sheet.

good game lewis played the first half-think he was just taken off as a precaution..hope anyway.

we held our own but never really tested their goalie.

if that was the future of manure i'd worry now!

and the ref was a joke-the last min penalty was even laughed at by the 4th official!

nice to see sooooo many manure fans there see their team for the first time ever...

visca barca ! visca catalunya !

Number 8 = Benny Bergmann. No better than we have already, my dad said ' like Kalalla only slower' and he's not wrong.

Number 9 = Edwardo Jesus. Played up front, fell over and dived a fair bit, but showed a few flashes, not worth another look IMO

Number 11 = Rodrigo Diaz. He looked ok actually, i'd agree with Jonny Punkster on that, worth a bit more of a look. Played left wing in the first half, then went up front after Lewis went off at half time. I'd say a tad light weight though which may be an issue.

Of our young lads, i was impressed with 2 in particular, Aaron Chalmers (who played CB and not in midfield like he has done for the 1st team) & Rory Winters (who played right back and looked good)

Of there's, well, as said above, they don't have any world beaters coming through thats for sure. Chris Eagles looked too good for that level, and i was really impressed with there lad up front, the big coloured lad, Danny Wellbeck. We could do a hell of a lot worse than getting him here on loan next season. Big, pacey, skillfull & got a decent shot on him - he hit the post & caused a bit of trouble for our defence.

And as for the ref - well - if that was a penalty, then i'm the king of England!!!! :D

Number 8 = Benny Bergmann. No better than we have already, my dad said ' like Kalalla only slower' and he's not wrong.

Number 9 = Edwardo Jesus. Played up front, fell over and dived a fair bit, but showed a few flashes, not worth another look IMO

Number 11 = Rodrigo Diaz. He looked ok actually, i'd agree with Jonny Punkster on that, worth a bit more of a look. Played left wing in the first half, then went up front after Lewis went off at half time. I'd say a tad light weight though which may be an issue.

Of our young lads, i was impressed with 2 in particular, Aaron Chalmers (who played CB and not in midfield like he has done for the 1st team) & Rory Winters (who played right back and looked good)

Of there's, well, as said above, they don't have any world beaters coming through thats for sure. Chris Eagles looked too good for that level, and i was really impressed with there lad up front, the big coloured lad, Danny Wellbeck. We could do a hell of a lot worse than getting him here on loan next season. Big, pacey, skillfull & got a decent shot on him - he hit the post & caused a bit of trouble for our defence.

And as for the ref - well - if that was a penalty, then i'm the king of England!!!! :D

Now this is confusing.... was number 8 Bergman, or Rottine, as reported on another post??? I have my suspisions that the 'Diaz' smokescreen has come into play once more! We all know Diaz is actually the new danny Knight!

... as for Wellbeck... absolutely no chance.. Fergie has said he wants him in the 1st team next season... rated as United's best prospect, and worth more than that lad at Hull who is rated at £4m...

Thing is hardly any in the United side will be expected to make it. Very few of their first eleven in the last few years have been new additions from the youth setup. Which makes their pursuit of players like Bembo-Leta a bit curious to say the least. Get them and that way whatever happens, at least no one else can have them.

Chalmers again impressed me and as said by others the trialist Diaz is worth another look. As for the rest of the trialists, nothing special at all.

Chris Eagles. Deary me. Pair of Ronaldo's hand me downs on his feet. Alice band in his hair. Sun bed tan and hands that never seemed to leave his hips. Repeat after me "I am not Ronaldo".

Thing is hardly any in the United side will be expected to make it. Very few of their first eleven in the last few years have been new additions from the youth setup. Which makes their pursuit of players like Bembo-Leta a bit curious to say the least. Get them and that way whatever happens, at least no one else can have them.

A lot of it is to stop other teams getting their hands on them. Plus there is the chance however slim that the kid might make it, no club can afford to let that slip away.

Chris Eagles. Deary me. Pair of Ronaldo's hand me downs on his feet. Alice band in his hair. Sun bed tan and hands that never seemed to leave his hips. Repeat after me "I am not Ronaldo".

I thought that too, what a tart with how he looked.....but......he showed some really good flashes of his ability too, his disallowed volley was a sweet strike, and he ran at our defence readiliy.......

but if you played against him, you'd have to boot him for his chosen image of Ronaldo wannabee!!!!!

Now this is confusing.... was number 8 Bergman, or Rottine, as reported on another post??? I have my suspisions that the 'Diaz' smokescreen has come into play once more! We all know Diaz is actually the new danny Knight!

... as for Wellbeck... absolutely no chance.. Fergie has said he wants him in the 1st team next season... rated as United's best prospect, and worth more than that lad at Hull who is rated at £4m...

Just seen the photo of the lad, Ivo, on the other thread, that was indeed the Number 8 who played for us last night under the name of Denny Bergmann.......he didn't show anything that would warrent another look IMO, as i said earlier when i thought he was called Denny!!!

Now Danny Wellbeck on the other hand, ooh i'd love to see him in a latics shirt next season, he looked absolutely mustard!!!

All crushingly true! :laught16:

But he did pretty much run the game from start to finish.

Not sure I agree with "we held our own". Should have been 3 down at half time.

As for the pen, looked like a pen for me but I was miles away. Pen or not, it was a feckin stupid challenge.

Cathcart had Alessandra in his pocket first half. Eagles, Jones and Wellbeck all looked impressive.

Not much to say about ours. No 11 looked ok, KC Owen had more impact than Lewis when he came on. Danny Knight is one to watch but we knew that already. Anyone know what position Chalmers should be playing, cos I'm fairly sure it ain't centre half. Winters looked fairly sollid at RB.

• 7 years later...

QUOTE (slystallone @ Apr 22 2008, 09:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And as for the ref - well - if that was a penalty, then i'm the king of England!!!! biggrin.gif

I was looking for info on Danny Knight for something on Twitter, and it came up with this. Whatever happened to Welbeck...?! Nice talent spot Bigfin.

QUOTE (RoytonBlueLad @ Apr 22 2008, 09:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

All crushingly true! laught16.gif

But he did pretty much run the game from start to finish.

Not sure I agree with "we held our own". Should have been 3 down at half time.

As for the pen, looked like a pen for me but I was miles away. Pen or not, it was a feckin stupid challenge.

Cathcart had Alessandra in his pocket first half. Eagles, Jones and Wellbeck all looked impressive.

Not much to say about ours. No 11 looked ok, KC Owen had more impact than Lewis when he came on. Danny Knight is one to watch but we knew that already. Anyone know what position Chalmers should be playing, cos I'm fairly sure it ain't centre half. Winters looked fairly sollid at RB.

Would that possibly be Ritchie Jones that we used to have?

A quick wikipedia check tells me he's now at FC Edmonton....done well for himself..