Would you take the playoffs next year?

Nahhh i am takin runnnaway winners... come on Senor with the dodgy picture ..... bring it on...............

choice between concrete play off spot, or a standard season where we have the chance to win it/go up/go down/finish midtable, i would take the play offs every time.

automatic promotion next year!!!!

the youth players would of had a good experience from this season for next year

couple of players needed tho

keeper, winger, and prob a creative midfield player but not sure bout that (do we need one to get out of this league)

DEFO not no strikers tho... hughesy, davies, lewi, smalley, wolfy all stay fit next year and they will fire us up because the defence has looked alot better this year

DEFO not no strikers tho... hughesy, davies, lewi, smalley, wolfy all stay fit next year and they will fire us up because the defence has looked alot better this year

Don't be daft, we've been crying out for a big lump up front all season, especially away from home. Our inability to hold the ball up and be a threat from set-pieces has cost us this season. Someone like a Constantine or a Clarke is a must.

Look at the teams that have done well in this League over the last 4-5 seasons

Swansea - Scotland

Donny - McCammon and Price

Blackpool - Burgess

Luton - Howard and Showumni

Forest - Holt, Agogo

Leeds - Beckford and Kandol

Scunny - Beckford and Keogh

Brizzle - Showumni

A big lad is a must, ok maybe not effective every week but we've got the pace in Davies, pocacher in Hughes, skill in Lewi and to compliment that a big lump who is powerful. Add to that the pace out wide of Taylor, possibly Smalley if he signs and A N Other then we'll have a chance.

Potentially next season there will be a number of teams with good promotion chances next year so automatic is always going to be very difficult.

In general terms - making the play-offs is a 'successful season' and means some excitment and interest right to the end plus the fact we'll win more than we lost. For me that means the 9 month season will be on the whole enjoyable.

And in the time I've watched Latics, there have been more seasons that didn't meet that criteria than did, so the chance to sign up for that now - absolutely.

Potentially next season there will be a number of teams with good promotion chances next year so automatic is always going to be very difficult.

In general terms - making the play-offs is a 'successful season' and means some excitment and interest right to the end plus the fact we'll win more than we lost. For me that means the 9 month season will be on the whole enjoyable.

And in the time I've watched Latics, there have been more seasons that didn't meet that criteria than did, so the chance to sign up for that now - absolutely.

in all honesty,i would be happy to miss out again providing we moved forward as a team and club,and get back to playing a decent consistant form of football.

the majority will say it has to be playoffs as a minimum,and there are always those that say automatic........

as long as we dont go backwards i dont mind so much.

like has been said we do need a big lump upfront,and if it were a choice between constantine or clarke.....it would be constantine.

I don’t buy into the theory that the League is any easier or harder because of who has gone up or gone down. The teams are there because of how they played the season before, simple as. We are never going to be the richest team in this League, there are always going to be some big boys, and often the odd Scunny or Colchester who do it against the odds. I don’t recall Shef Wed setting the world alight in their first season down here. On that basis, I’d always say we should be looking for the playoffs and this year is no different. If we get a few good signings and things go our way (injuries, key players keeping good form throughout the season, a couple of favourable dodgy referring decisions) and there’s no reason we can’t have the ambition of scrapping together 15 points more next season and see where that takes us, but it’s madness to demand that we get automatic when there are 23 other clubs gunning for exactly the same thing.

I don’t buy into the theory that the League is any easier or harder because of who has gone up or gone down. The teams are there because of how they played the season before, simple as. We are never going to be the richest team in this League, there are always going to be some big boys, and often the odd Scunny or Colchester who do it against the odds. I don’t recall Shef Wed setting the world alight in their first season down here. On that basis, I’d always say we should be looking for the playoffs and this year is no different. If we get a few good signings and things go our way (injuries, key players keeping good form throughout the season, a couple of favourable dodgy referring decisions) and there’s no reason we can’t have the ambition of scrapping together 15 points more next season and see where that takes us, but it’s madness to demand that we get automatic when there are 23 other clubs gunning for exactly the same thing.

People forget that the other teams in this division aren't just there for us to beat, they have ambitions of promotion as well. All i'm after is a noticeable improvement. That doesn't necesarrily mean we have to make the play offs for me, but if we aren't in the top 10 then we have a problem. |We have a very good base to work from at the moment so we need to take this opportunity.

I would definately take the play-offs next season if they were offered (unfortunately I don't think they are likely to be offered). <_<

As has been said above the play-offs would constitute a season in which we won alot more games than we lost, which having supported Latics for over 30 years I would definately take at the moment.

Well I am going to put my neck out here and say we are going to be strong contenders next year for the top 3.

We have languished in this league for far too long now. A couple of seasons in the playoffs and this up and down season, where we will finish not far outside the playoffs must be the warning tremmors that something big is going to happen. Sure we have had our scares of relegation, but lets not look at that.

Combine that with an average crowd of 5000, put into 3 sides. Hopefully the noise will boost the players.

ktf