Macca Gone... Would you get Murray in?

i didnt attack you pal, and if we are talking clouded views, you want murrey back because he played for us previousley and have a soft spot for him like most of us, but he is not good enough and that is a fact that you can not get away from!

How do you know? You seen him play this season?

Interested now....

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i think if you take into consideration murreys knee ops over the last few years, then allot has got more years ahead of him and muzza hasnt, i didnt ask his age did i? , i asked if he had got any younger.

as i recall there was talk of his career being over at the start of last season, he was not playing in a crap carlisle side due to these injuries.

i didnt attack you pal, and if we are talking clouded views, you want murrey back because he played for us previousley and have a soft spot for him like most of us, but he is not good enough and that is a fact that you can not get away from!

is this the same crap carlisle side that finished 8th in the season murray was there and the one that has gone on to guarantee themselves a play off spot this year, oh how i long for a crap side like that! interstingly he has played 32 times this season for gretna!

How do you know? You seen him play this season?

Interested now....

check out setanta sports, gretna have been on about 4 - 5 times this season and ive seen murrey play in about 3 of them, and no i didnt see him play, that how good he was, not the same player, no where near. have you seen it?

if not how can you say he will be a good signing - "interesting"

the last time 90% of latics fans saw him was for carlisle at boundary park 2 years ago nad the general view was , he was rubbish and "not the same player"

:lol:

before you attack me, i'd advise getting your facts straight pal - just another great example of how some fans subjective vision can cloud `judgement... Allott is the perfect example - too old, past player, crap team, yadda yadda yadda...

That is a rubbish example because i dont think anyone giving an honest opinion really thought Allott would be rubbish or at least had any basis to form their opinion on. Hes always played well since he left us and moved into midfield - against us anyway, often outplaying our supposed supperior midfield players. Yes back in the day he wasnt the greatest striker, but even back then he wasnt a bad footballer, it just took the Chesterfield management and not ours to sort out his proper position. The player coming back to us in Allotts case was completely different to the one that left.

is this the same crap carlisle side that finished 8th in the season murray was there and the one that has gone on to guarantee themselves a play off spot this year, oh how i long for a crap side like that! interstingly he has played 32 times this season for gretna!

how many times has murrey played this season for carlisle and if we win on saturday we finish 8th, ta-da there is your crap side!

That is a rubbish example because i dont think anyone giving an honest opinion really thought Allott would be rubbish or at least had any basis to form their opinion on. Hes always played well since he left us and moved into midfield - against us anyway, often outplaying our supposed supperior midfield players. Yes back in the day he wasnt the greatest striker, but even back then he wasnt a bad footballer, it just took the Chesterfield management and not ours to sort out his proper position. The player coming back to us in Allotts case was completely different to the one that left.

Bloody hell some people have selective memories!!! I take it you werent on here a year ago Wozz! ... and the exact point is that noone now has any basis to form an opinion on murray on... its all subjective, as is my positivity about him..

My point is that people expect too much from our signing every time... Allott, Hazell, Davies, were all rubbished before they arrived as they havent done it all before... infact the only player who was lauded was JP Kalala as people saw yeovil get into the playoffs...!!

We need sqaud players, its just something so many of our fans cant accept...

how many times has murrey played this season for carlisle and if we win on saturday we finish 8th, ta-da there is your crap side!

you have answered your own question there, you said he couldnt get in a crap carlisle side and they let him go, carlisle finished 8th that season when they did that, i agree 8th isnt so crap but you seem to think so if carlisle were crap when murray was there. a little tip for you and that is to do your research before returning with half baked comments that you cant back up :wink:

you have answered your own question there, you said he couldnt get in a crap carlisle side and they let him go, carlisle finished 8th that season when they did that, i agree 8th isnt so crap but you seem to think so if carlisle were crap when murray was there. a little tip for you and that is to do your research before returning with half baked comments that you cant back up :wink:

paul murray made 14 starts for carlise that season 1 as sub, and i very much doubt although i cant back up, that he completed many full games.

hows that, what an oustanding seson he had...............next :wink:

(take it you didnt do yours!

paul murray made 14 starts for carlise that season 1 as sub, and i very much doubt although i cant back up, that he completed many full games.

hows that, what an oustanding seson he had...............next :wink:

(take it you didnt do yours!

:blink::shock:

oh dear oh dear, we already agreed that he couldnt get in the side and he didnt make much impact, i never disputed that, hence why i said previous that them letting him go wasnt an issue for me. what i was contending was the fact that you said he couldnt get in a crap side that carlisle were according to you even though they finished 8th in the season murray played 14 games. more to the point and recently is the fact he has played 32 games for gretna and seems to have gotten over his injury probs.

:blink::shock:

oh dear oh dear, we already agreed that he couldnt get in the side and he didnt make much impact, i never disputed that, hence why i said previous that them letting him go wasnt an issue for me. what i was contending was the fact that you said he couldnt get in a crap side that carlisle were according to you even though they finished 8th in the season murray played 14 games. more to the point and recently is the fact he has played 32 games for gretna and seems to have gotten over his injury probs.

sorry got caught up in arguing about every point ive tried to make :blink:

fair enough, he is not getting injured as much as he was before, however previous injurys do have an impact.

and if carlisle realeasd him, because of said problems then why should we want him in our sqaud, he is not as quick as he was, i dare say he cant throw himself into a tackle like he did in the past, he does have experience on his side, but we already have a spine of experience in crossley, gregan , liddlell and hughes.

so someone please give me a good reason to put him on our books , other than the fact he was brilliant 6 years ago.

Edited by palmer1

sorry got caught up in arguing about every point ive tried to make :blink:

fair enough, he is not getting injured as much as he was before, however previous injurys do have an impact.

and if carlisle realeasd him, because of said problems then why should we want him in our sqaud, he is not as quick as he was, i dare say he cant throw himself into a tackle like he did in the past, he does have experience on his side, but we already have a spine of experience in crossley, gregan , liddlell and hughes.

so someone please give me a good reason to put him on our books , other than the fact he was brilliant 6 years ago.

because i believe he will add to our squad now gary mac has gone. he may not even be in shez's mind so i think we are going to have to agree to disagree here to be honest, and the liddell thing is a whole other thread!!! :huh::)

Why not? My initial post was that if we still had Gmac I would never have even contemplated signing Murray - that has all changed now...

Purely because I think some people see him as a much better player than he is. I know it would just be as back-up etc, but I just don't think he was as good as some thought he was...if he had left in that horrible close season I don't think some would want him back - he was effective in a promotion chasing team and shone in a team full of kids and rejects the season after as we tried to scratch together a team. So I'd rather look back on the playoff team when assessing him - he was alright and he grafted but that was five years ago...he's suffered from injuries etc since and, whilst I'm not going to pretend that I know how good he is (some on here are talking as if they've seen him play lately), the fact that he's no longer at Carlisle and had to settle for a very poor Gretna team indicates that he's not as good as he was.

If he's like he was in 2002/03, then yes. But the impression I get is that he's not, and as such I think we can find a lot better.

Still, this debate will rear its head every summer and January...I'm impressed it's started even before the season's end. :grin:

Purely because I think some people see him as a much better player than he is. I know it would just be as back-up etc, but I just don't think he was as good as some thought he was...if he had left in that horrible close season I don't think some would want him back - he was effective in a promotion chasing team and shone in a team full of kids and rejects the season after as we tried to scratch together a team. So I'd rather look back on the playoff team when assessing him - he was alright and he grafted but that was five years ago...he's suffered from injuries etc since and, whilst I'm not going to pretend that I know how good he is (some on here are talking as if they've seen him play lately), the fact that he's no longer at Carlisle and had to settle for a very poor Gretna team indicates that he's not as good as he was.

If he's like he was in 2002/03, then yes. But the impression I get is that he's not, and as such I think we can find a lot better.

Still, this debate will rear its head every summer and January...I'm impressed it's started even before the season's end. :grin:

who is talking like they have see him play? and what do you base your verdict that he isnt good enough for us on? have you seen him or have you gone purely off the fact he is playing in a poor side? absolute crap im afraid. you must be a fantastic judge of a player with your opening sentance and the way in which you think that just cos you dont rate him any more that no one else should. i wasnt going to comment again on this but your comment has really got my back up. talk about pompus.

who is talking like they have see him play? and what do you base your verdict that he isnt good enough for us on? have you seen him or have you gone purely off the fact he is playing in a poor side? absolute crap im afraid. you must be a fantastic judge of a player with your opening sentance and the way in which you think that just cos you dont rate him any more that no one else should. i wasnt going to comment again on this but your comment has really got my back up. talk about pompus.

:laught16:

Steady Aero. I don't think many of us have seen him play for Gretna - and aplogies if you have. However his injury record is poor and the reports that I have read about the matches that he has played in don't indicate that he has been pulling up trees.

I think there's bound to be a lot of scepticism about PM's current benefit to the team. Even if he was as good as 5 years ago, we can't carry such an injury risk. Players do get injured but it would be daft to sign one who has been so plagued recently.

Edited by LaticsPete

Just a thought... we all know that Paul Murray is available, and has said pretty openly he has had offers from a couple of League 1 clubs... which the rumour mongers have said to be us and Carlisle...

Now... I know he aint the player we had previously, but it strikes me that with macc gone, we have a ready made replacement in Murray waiting in the wings, I would never, ever have contemplated signing him with GMac in the side as its collecting midfielders for the sake of it... but now I think there is a real place for him...

He wont do the box to box stuff like macca, but he is a two way midfielder, and he is experienced, and consistent - two things which we need massively... I think him and allott behind an attacking midfielder in a 3 could be great... we all know Muzza has a great footballing brain on him... and now would love to see him back...

Prob wouldnt want the world in wages either... sure we could get him for a "realistic offer" ...

.. and rememeber that saying "never resign a player" is just wrong... step forward Mr Allott!

it sure as hell wont be carlisle, murray was released from there before he went to gretna

Steady Aero. I don't think many of us have seen him play for Gretna - and aplogies if you have. However his injury record is poor and the reports that I have read about the matches that he has played in don't indicate that he has been pulling up trees.

I think there's bound to be a lot of scepticism about PM's current benefit to the team. Even if he was as good as 5 years ago, we can't carry such an injury risk. Players do get injured but it would be daft to sign one who has been so plagued recently.

it aint even about paul murray anymore, it is certain peoples attitudes cos they have a significant number of posts, they think it makes them better or their views more valid

as i thought, nothing to say. i dont think you know too much to even have a valid opinion. get it into your head, just cos people dont agree with doesnt make them wrong.

I was laughing at you. I've seen some hypocracy on this board before, but your argument takes the biscuit.

Anyway, my argument is based on the fact that I believe that Muzza was overrated at BP, and I'd assume, that's assume not guarantee, that he's not as good or as fit as he was before...when he was an average player in a playoff team and a good player in a rubbish team.

You're not nineteen forever, pull yourself together.

it aint even about paul murray anymore, it is certain peoples attitudes cos they have a significant number of posts, they think it makes them better or their views more valid

Come back when you've reached 100 posts.

Whoa! There are people on here who are very dogmatic - but it isn't always anything to do with length of service or number of posts. I'm afraid we just have to accept that some have personality issues! The vast majority may disagree or agree on any topic, but the "nutters" can be new or old!

In the interests of balance I acknowledge that even Corp Jones did make a valid point , once.