Macca Gone... Would you get Murray in?

I was laughing at you. I've seen some hypocracy on this board before, but your argument takes the biscuit.

Anyway, my argument is based on the fact that I believe that Muzza was overrated at BP, and I'd assume, that's assume not guarantee, that he's not as good or as fit as he was before...when he was an average player in a playoff team and a good player in a rubbish team.

You're not nineteen forever, pull yourself together.

hypocrisy???? how???? and it takes the biscuit, why? cos it differs from yours? take your head from outta ya axxx for gods sake, its a forum for debating, not bowing down to muppets like you who think you can mock and judge others cos they are new here. it wont work with me. i have your age down as about 6 cos 6yr olds laugh at people when they cant think of anything to say. you really are a clueless fool.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

hypocrisy???? how???? and it takes the biscuit, why? cos it differs from yours? take your head from outta ya axxx for gods sake, its a forum for debating, not bowing down to muppets like you who think you can mock and judge others cos they are new here. it wont work with me. i have your age down as about 6 cos 6yr olds laugh at people when they cant think of anything to say. you really are a clueless fool.

[/quote

football about opinions, and some may differ that why the board is here.

everyone is entitled to there opinion ...............even if they do differ from mine :wink:

no need to take things personally though!

Guest oa_exile
it aint even about paul murray anymore, it is certain peoples attitudes cos they have a significant number of posts, they think it makes them better or their views more valid

<<<<---------- That makes me "Top Boy" then ^_^ , so dont argue :lol:

Fine, if you want it spelt out for you...

who is talking like they have see him play? and what do you base your verdict that he isnt good enough for us on? have you seen him or have you gone purely off the fact he is playing in a poor side? absolute crap im afraid. you must be a fantastic judge of a player with your opening sentance and the way in which you think that just cos you dont rate him any more that no one else should. i wasnt going to comment again on this but your comment has really got my back up. talk about pompus.

The first question - Some people on here, and by this I mean people who 'agree' with me that he's probably not good enough, seem to categorically be stating that he's not as good as he used to be (Palmer1 springs to mind though I may be wrong and I'm not going to trawl through the posts looking for it).

The second question - the fact that I saw him play for us and thought he was overrated. He's suffered major injury problems and a loss of form and as such was released from Carlisle. Like I said, if he was as 'good' as he was a few years ago then maybe. I would assume that he isn't...I may be wrong but I'd be surprised if I was. Maybe that's my pomposity speaking.

The third question - see above.

The hypocracy...well you're saying that I'm shouting around my opinions as if they're fact, which I'm pretty sure that I'm not...and apparently my opinions are just wrong. Well, surely you're then guilty of what you're accusing me of. It's a forum, as you say, for discussion. Or is that only the case if it's discussion that agrees with you, yet when someone contradicts your opinions they are guilty of violating the principles of a forum. That's what's hypocritical.

That in itself is funny, but I find it truly hilarious how irate you've got. Seemingly I've got your goat, but there was nothing antagonistic in my OP. Maybe you're having a bad day, but you should calm down. I'm not sure how you've come to the decision that I disagree with you because you haven't posted much, bearing in mind I haven't said anything of the sort...I wasn't even disagreeing with you, I was disagreeing with BFL who has been posting for ages. Maybe the regular and longstanding posters have a greater respect for eachother, but that doesn't mean people with few posts are ignored. It seems you have a bit of a chip on your shoulder about something, though I'm not sure what it is.

how about your attitude as well? The debate is about muzza not you and jss.

The first question - Some people on here, and by this I mean people who 'agree' with me that he's probably not good enough, seem to categorically be stating that he's not as good as he used to be (Palmer1 springs to mind though I may be wrong and I'm not going to trawl through the posts looking for it).

The second question - the fact that I saw him play for us and thought he was overrated. He's suffered major injury problems and a loss of form and as such was released from Carlisle. Like I said, if he was as 'good' as he was a few years ago then maybe. I would assume that he isn't...I may be wrong but I'd be surprised if I was. Maybe that's my pomposity speaking.

The hypocracy...well you're saying that I'm shouting around my opinions as if they're fact, which I'm pretty sure that I'm not...and apparently my opinions are just wrong. Well, surely you're then guilty of what you're accusing me of. It's a forum, as you say, for discussion. Or is that only the case if it's discussion that agrees with you, yet when someone contradicts your opinions they are guilty of violating the principles of a forum. That's what's hypocritical.

That in itself is funny, but I find it truly hilarious how irate you've got. Seemingly I've got your goat, but there was nothing antagonistic in my OP. Maybe you're having a bad day, but you should calm down. I'm not sure how you've come to the decision that I disagree with you because you haven't posted much, bearing in mind I haven't said anything of the sort...I wasn't even disagreeing with you, I was disagreeing with BFL who has been posting for ages. Maybe the regular and longstanding posters have a greater respect for eachother, but that doesn't mean people with few posts are ignored. It seems you have a bit of a chip on your shoulder about something, though I'm not sure what it is.

does nobody have setanta sports, he has been on there this season, i have seen him play on more than one occasion.

plus highlights every week from each team in the spl. (just wanted to clear that up)

i have not once said your shouting your opinions as fact, show me where i have and i will hold my hand up.

yes you got my goat with the line that people think he is better than he actually is, as though to say the fact you dont rate him must mean that everyone thinks that way, and then there was the im impressed that the thread has started so soon as though it wasnt worthy of a discussion just cos perhaps you have had it before numerous times. being new here, this is the first murry thread ive had the displeasure of taking part in.

you then proceeded to openly admit to laughing at a comment i made yet im the one with a chip on my shoulder, there you go again, assuming. what gives you the right.

i did get irate, i dont see what harm it does, im passionate about oafc just as im sure you are but you found that hilarious.

you find i have a chip on my shoulder and i find your arrogant for whatever reason. thats life.

ok this is my take on all this.... (ps i wasn't going to bother with all the tantrums going on.... and more posts don't make you an expert!!)

assuming he's available?

1. for an integral place in next season's team - not for me! last time i saw him play for carlisle..like many others on here..he was a shadow of the former player he was when at BP!.. time has passed since then too!

2. for above.. jarret would be my choice if available

3. if muzza is kicking his heals with no deal anywhere, and his wages were minimal...then yeah squad player with a view to using his experience for younger players benefit

4. a 'for the sake of it' signing.... no way!!

I wouldn't object too much at seeing Muzzah again ... but isn't this just the usual fan obsession with old favourites (cos they don't know anyone else)?

After injuries I doubt he's still the player that left us.

There is one midfielder I would welcome back with open arms.

In fact I'd happily drive over to Doncaster to get him...

I wouldn't object too much at seeing Muzzah again ... but isn't this just the usual fan obsession with old favourites (cos they don't know anyone else)?

After injuries I doubt he's still the player that left us.

There is one midfielder I would welcome back with open arms.

In fact I'd happily drive over to Doncaster to get him...

i'll share the driving with you........

but isn't this just the usual fan obsession with old favourites (cos they don't know anyone else)?

Having just read the opening post, Big Fin's going to think I'm picking on him... :lol:

Sounds like you were throwing open a reasonable suggestion for discussion Big Fin, so I'll let you off. :grin:

i have not once said your shouting your opinions as fact, show me where i have and i will hold my hand up.

yes you got my goat with the line that people think he is better than he actually is, as though to say the fact you dont rate him must mean that everyone thinks that way, and then there was the im impressed that the thread has started so soon as though it wasnt worthy of a discussion just cos perhaps you have had it before numerous times. being new here, this is the first murry thread ive had the displeasure of taking part in.

you then proceeded to openly admit to laughing at a comment i made yet im the one with a chip on my shoulder, there you go again, assuming. what gives you the right.

i did get irate, i dont see what harm it does, im passionate about oafc just as im sure you are but you found that hilarious.

you find i have a chip on my shoulder and i find your arrogant for whatever reason. thats life.

OK I'll accept you haven't categorically stated that I've claimed my opinion to be fact. You do seem to be insinuating that I refuse to accept other ideas, probably due to my alleged pomposity (which is a fair enough comment bearing in mind you've never met me and were replying to one post).

What are you talking about with this issue of how much I rate him?! I said specifically before I talked about his spells that 'I THINK' people overrated him. I don't understand where your idea that I believe everyone should think this way has come from. The OP was asking people's thoughts. This is mine. I'm really not sure where your problems lies, potentially it's because you're not reading what I'm saying properly.

Next, yes this thread has been raised for the last couple of close seasons. It was just an observation, and I thought it interesting as to how soon it's come, bearing in mind it normally arrives on the back of someone 'seeing Muzza at BP' or a 'mate' of his saying he wants to come back. It was an observation, I'm not sure how you've taken offence to it, especially bearing in mind, yet again, I wasn't replying to anything you'd said. In fact, and this isn't having a go at the number of posts people have made, I don't recall seeing your username on here before. As such, it wasn't directed at you at all.

I did laugh, how does that mean I have a chip on my shoulder? It was funny because it was a completely OTT reaction to a post in which I was replying to someone else other than you...BFL asked why I'd made my comment and I replied. Yet you took offence. I found that funny. Sue me.

Not sure why you think I'm arrogant. Maybe it derives from your mistaken belief that I look down on people because of the number of posts they've made. I have no idea where that's come from. It can't have come from anything I've said.

Having just read the opening post, Big Fin's going to think I'm picking on him... :lol:

Sounds like you were throwing open a reasonable suggestion for discussion Big Fin, so I'll let you off. :grin:

:lol:

Bloody 'ell.. what have I started!

Yeah.. my initial post was all about like for like, and squad depth... not improvement.. we need quality AND quantity this close season... Muzza was just an example of a player that could fill Macca's boots at an equivalent cost... giving a platform to go and add the quality that will get us up... That is not Murray, and there are probably a million other players out there that can fill the 'experienced squad player mould' - but I definitely think we need that btype of player....

i'll share the driving with you........

and i'll bring the sweets and drinks... :wink:

does nobody have setanta sports, he has been on there this season, i have seen him play on more than one occasion.

plus highlights every week from each team in the spl. (just wanted to clear that up)

I think you have answered your own question - unfortunately you are Setanta's only viewer!!! Never thought i'd actually find out who that was!!! You must get a personal xmas card from their owner! :wink:

I think it is probably fair to say you have actually seen Paul Murray more than anyone... so fair enough, maybe we should take your word for it!

... I'll accept the point that maybe there are better than Muzza out there... but this isnt about an obsession with old players, just think we need some 'quick wins' in the transfer market - which I think Muzza would be - so we can really fight for the quality we need...

Lets trust shez has it in hand... I enjoyed the debate though! I still stand by some fans have overblown expectations of players that we could get though...

Bloody 'ell.. what have I started!

Yeah.. my initial post was all about like for like, and squad depth... not improvement.. we need quality AND quantity this close season... Muzza was just an example of a player that could fill Macca's boots at an equivalent cost... giving a platform to go and add the quality that will get us up... That is not Murray, and there are probably a million other players out there that can fill the 'experienced squad player mould' - but I definitely think we need that btype of player....

and i'll bring the sweets and drinks... :wink:

I think you have answered your own question - unfortunately you are Setanta's only viewer!!! Never thought i'd actually find out who that was!!! You must get a personal xmas card from their owner! :wink:

I think it is probably fair to say you have actually seen Paul Murray more than anyone... so fair enough, maybe we should take your word for it!

... I'll accept the point that maybe there are better than Muzza out there... but this isnt about an obsession with old players, just think we need some 'quick wins' in the transfer market - which I think Muzza would be - so we can really fight for the quality we need...

Lets trust shez has it in hand... I enjoyed the debate though! I still stand by some fans have overblown expectations of players that we could get though...

yeah, passed the afternoon quicker than normal.

you cant beat a good mas-debate :getmecoat: